****The Official Day 3 of the 2024 NFL Draft****

6 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

if they are satisfied with the roster they are idiots. which is probably true. i hate douglas and saleh really....i think they suck dirty scrotum

Many other teams, looking for fans. Just saying.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Good luck to our Jets today.  Plenty of good players still available, plenty of real needs left to fill.

Guys I like in spots we need/could use:

Jaden Hicks, Safety
Sedrick Van Pran-Granger, C
Cade Stover, TE 
Jerimiah Trotter Jr., LB
Michael Pratt, QB
Joe Milton III, QB (if we miss on Pratt)

Could have picked Hicks, Stover (or the Michigan TE, and Pratt w/ the three 4th round picks. 

We got cute instead. 

when it’s late in the 4th rd and we’ve only taken 2 players … Im not terribly keen on taking a supporting role RB. 

• Thumb Down 1

8 minutes ago, Xtina said:

How about oline coach 

I would like to see him as an Oline coach or OC.  I am not sure about him as a head coach.  Although, wouldn't be bad to have him in any position depending on how much rope Saleh has!

• Upvote 1

I like the Braelon Allen pick. Quality way to round out the RB room.

I wish it came after some other quality picks this round. I was really hoping we'd double up on WR and take Malik Washington or Brendan Rice. 

I'm guessing Saleh and Douglas think they can turn a bunch of late rounders into defensive depth. Saleh does have a good track record of that but it's not as there's no top 100 quality players left out there.  

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Blind side protector (check)

YAC from the slot (check)

Short yardage power back (check)

Blitz pickup (check)

All important elements of the game.

And don’t forget the other two guys we drafted, Corley and Allen. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, sackdance said:

Could have picked Hicks, Stover (or the Michigan TE, and Pratt w/ the three 4th round picks. 

We got cute instead. 

when it’s late in the 4th rd and we’ve only taken 2 players … Im not terribly keen on taking a supporting role RB. 

Or Van Pranger, Trotter Jr. and Pratt.  Or even take the big RB instead of one (Pratt, who'll maybe be there late 5th) if that's really a need.

JD too cute by far.  

Like I said, the way the draft has played out, clearly and unquestionably JD doesn't think he has any meaningful needs whatsoever after those first two picks.

Ok, so no excuses then.  Better win.

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Ghost said:

This guy is massive (pause) but def reminds me of AJ Dillon. 

22 minutes ago, Vudu said:

That running back is huge

22 minutes ago, PepPep said:

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this pick. Allen is a monster. Pass pro is solid. Great hands out of the backfield. He is a big dude. Thunder and lightning. I did not think he was on their radar. But hes a really nice fit. 

JD is puttin in work. Watch him nab a QB in Rd. 5. 

His strength is one of the assets in his game as he squatted 515 pounds and hang-cleaned 405 pounds as a high school sophomore. At this year's NFL Combine, he didn't run but he did put up 26 reps in the 225-pound bench press.

• Post of the Week 1

http://content.invisioncic.com/y326398/monthly_2024_04/image.png.9c6fe86360e4401b6cf12f5e325e21cc.png
With all of those trade-downs, how in the world is our next pick 5.38?
When we trade down, we trade DOWN!

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, sackdance said:

Yeah but when it’s late in the 4th quarter and there’s only 2 yards needed to move the sticks

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Fans convincing themselves everything the team does is perfect (check).

That’s not true.  I hated last year’s draft and wanted a first round WR or Bowers this year.

But I like how JD is plugging holes wisely with the 3 picks we’ve had so far.

I mean we haven’t been able to convert a 3rd or 4th & 1 in what seems like years.