Jets #1 team in NFL - Unit Grades - per Mike Clay

• Jdeet changed the title to Jets #1 team in NFL - Unit Grades - per Mike Clay
1 hour ago, Jdeet said:

Our offense is ranked #2 overall behind only the Chiefs?

Our defense is ranked #6 overall behind  1) Browns 2) Dolphins 3) 49ers 4) Steelers 5) Cowboys?

And the Jets are ranked #1 overall while the Giants are ranked #32?

MJLaughing.thumb.jpg.e5f4495442bc3441600a3b39f768f112.jpg

• Haha 1

Just now, David Harris said:

We have every right to withhold judgment until the results come in. Objectively, this is the best Jets roster in 40 years. If they had a history of success they’d be a front runnner. 

The hype last year was real, and this team has gotten much better. 

Are we still the '85 Bears on defense? 

• Haha 4

So much hinges on Rodgers and the offensive line staying healthy.

The defense was legit last year, and I expect it to continue being one of the top units in the NFL.

Wilson, Breece, Sauce, Johnson are all players at key positions and at the beginning stages of their prime years.

This team has potential on paper.  They need to go out and prove it.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Our offense is ranked #2 overall behind only the Chiefs?

Our offense is ranked #6 overall behind  1) Browns 2) Dolphins 3) 49ers 4) Steelers 5) Cowboys?

And the Jets are ranked #1 overall while the Giants are ranked #32?

MJLaughing.thumb.jpg.e5f4495442bc3441600a3b39f768f112.jpg

We are 1-0 in 2024 though

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, David Harris said:

If they had a history of success they’d be a front runnner. 

quoting this for truth 

the reason why I can't get on board with the Jets as this great contender (besides how old and injury prone they are) is exactly this - other than Rodgers and maybe a couple others on the roster, no one on this roster has any experience in the playoffs, let alone the Super Bowl 

playoff football is a different beast and it's pretty greedy to expect the team to break a 13 year playoff drought and then go on some long amazing run 

I know there's a couple examples of worst to first in recent years but it's rare and most of the time that team has playoff experience from 2 or 3 years before the big run 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I know. I really don’t want the season to happen. Let’s just live in the moment and enjoy the off-season championship. 

I've already pre-ordered my copy of "2024 NY Jets: An Offseason To Remember".

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

quoting this for truth 

the reason why I can't get on board with the Jets as this great contender (besides how old and injury prone they are) is exactly this - other than Rodgers and maybe a couple others on the roster, no one on this roster has any experience in the playoffs, let alone the Super Bowl 

playoff football is a different beast and it's pretty greedy to expect the team to break a 13 year playoff drought and then go on some long amazing run 

I know there's a couple examples of worst to first in recent years but it's rare and most of the time that team has playoff experience from 2 or 3 years before the big run 

I remain optimistic, because while all of what you said is correct, IMO, I think the context is key -

• if you're going to have playoff (even SB) experience anywhere on the roster, you want it at QB. 

• worst to first - I get what you mean, but I do feel like we've had two years of a good roster (apart from the disaster at offensive line), except Zach Wilson was the quarterback and, as a lot of us on here have said, even someone like Gardiner Minshew could've led us to the playoffs one of those two seasons

I think, because of just how poorly Zach played, we looked worse as a team than we actually were. 

• Upvote 4