Hassan Reddick Holding Out, Requests Trade

16 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Last seasons result was extremely predictable. So yes.

I don't care what a bunch of homers here think  you lot are constantly wrong about everything. Too busy deep throating Douglas to use your brains.

Cant use your brain if you're giving it.

smile-lamorne-morris(1).gif.408f5385a9d39f83d3aa82b5c50d6111.gif

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

The mistake was hitting Huff with the 2nd round tender in early '23 - Once we did that his days were numbered here. Huff was not willing to sign a contract with us after that without testing the market. The Jets did not get cheap with Reddick, they told him he's playing on his current deal that he signed and that we'd revisit guarantees once he's at camp.

I'd let him rot and allow the contract to toll.

he has no leverage and getting bad advice.

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, extmenace said:

You don’t get it. The jets couldn’t give out a long term deal to huff, not with the resources they’ve already invested into the position . Reddick was a one year rental that wouldn’t interfere with the ability to sign our young guys next year.

in addition to that, this was all worked out prior to the trade and Reddick changed his mind.  I’m not blaming JD for a guy going back on what he said. 

How on earth are the JD haters going to reconcile with this post, which is 100% true. 😞

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Thank you!

JD keeps making bone headed plays. 

WHY TRADE FOR A GUY WHO WANTED A SALARY INCREASE AND WHO IS BEING PAID HALF OF WHAT HE IS WORTH IF YOU ARE NOT GOING TO PAY HIM!!!

And no he didn’t say I will pay for the amount he was scheduled to make. That is a atupid thing to even suggest!

What a joke!!

Good Grief!!

Maybe JD is playing 3D chess and thinks he can move Reddick for more value than it cost?  I think they are going to trade him and it might work out okay for the Jets.  

4 minutes ago, Testaverde9819 said:

It's literally a disaster 

We lost Huff

We might lose Reddick 

We lost a 3rd

We drafted McDonald with a 1 who isn't better than Reddick or Huff. 

It's literally the definition of gm disaster 

D'oh.   Huff was gone with or without Reddick.  It has been said in the Reddick threads over and over but you insist on bringing up Huff who was NEVER going to sign with the Jets unless seriously overpaid.  One has NOTHING to do with the other, yet the densest of meatheads on this board still think that it was a Huff or Reddick situation.  It wasn't.  Wake up already.  

We didn't lose Reddick.  He is under contract.  Not a disaster.  Him sitting out will be a disaster for him, not for the Jets.  It's better for the Jets to have him, sure, but in now way, shape or form is it a "disaster".  You drama queens are so funny.

The last statement about your imaginary comparison of McDonald to Huff is so dumb, there are no words.  Neither, at this stage of their careers, are even remotely close to Reddick.  

I

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Who do you thinks been releasing all the information to reporters to begin with.  It’s not the Jets, I’m pretty sure.  So if the player and his reputation want to use their media sources to paint the picture a certain way, what’s wrong with issuing a statement that can’t be misconstrued?

Reddick’s contract demands have been public knowledge since January. That’s why the Eagles ate $23 mil against the cap to dump him on Douglas. 

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Cave to what? He’s not playing without a new deal. The Jets either knew this or did it anyways, or Douglas thought he had more time left on his contract. 

cave to not getting paid at all this year, racking up millions in fines and being right back to where he is today next year.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Cave to what? He’s not playing without a new deal. The Jets either knew this or did it anyways, or Douglas thought he had more time left on his contract. 

The new CBA is more team-friendly when it comes to holdouts. He’s getting fined a hefty amount when it comes to actual games. I don’t know the exact amount so if someone can find it for me, I’d appreciate it. 

I just wish I knew the conversations the Jets had with his representatives prior to being traded because there’s no ******* way JD is that incompetent to agree to a trade without first agreeing to a new contract with this clown ass-hat. 

51 minutes ago, Testaverde9819 said:

A literal disaster. Not only that, by doing this trade Douglas by definition gave Reddick all the leverage by not doing a contract in conjunction with the trade. Total incompetence 

Reddick has zero leverage

Noone is trading for him 

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Testaverde9819 said:

It's literally a disaster 

We lost Huff

We might lose Reddick 

We lost a 3rd

We drafted McDonald with a 1 who isn't better than Reddick or Huff. 

It's literally the definition of gm disaster 

The bigger disaster would be to trade him for what a 4th or 5th ? Let him sit, he will come to play eventually.  His career is basically over if he does not. At least we don’t lose a 2nd over him if he doesn’t play 67% of snaps. 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Thank you!

JD keeps making bone headed plays. 

WHY TRADE FOR A GUY WHO WANTED A SALARY INCREASE AND WHO IS BEING PAID HALF OF WHAT HE IS WORTH IF YOU ARE NOT GOING TO PAY HIM!!!

And no he didn’t say I will pay for the amount he was scheduled to make. That is a atupid thing to even suggest!

What a joke!!

Good Grief!!

Tell us then, what exactly did JD say?  What exactly did Reddick's agent say?  Once we have the transcript, everyone can stop making unsupported assumptions to "prove" (LOL) their point. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Trotter said:

cave to not getting paid at all this year, racking up millions in fines and being right back to where he is today next year.

He clearly doesn’t care. He’s not repped some Johnny come lately like Devitos agent. He has CAA backing him. Digging in is what they do. How the Jets didn’t have this sorted out is wild. To the 31 other teams and NFl fans, this is an “only the Jets” type ordeal. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 2

7 minutes ago, Dcat said:

D'oh.   Huff was gone with or without Reddick.  It has been said in the Reddick threads over and over but you insist on bringing up Huff who was NEVER going to sign with the Jets unless seriously overpaid.  One has NOTHING to do with the other, yet the densest of meatheads on this board still think that it was a Huff or Reddick situation.  It wasn't.  Wake up already.  

We didn't lose Reddick.  He is under contract.  Not a disaster.  Him sitting out will be a disaster for him, not for the Jets.  It's better for the Jets to have him, sure, but in now way, shape or form is it a "disaster".  You drama queens are so funny.

The last statement about your imaginary comparison of McDonald to Huff is so dumb, there are no words.  Neither, at this stage of their careers, are even remotely close to Reddick.  

I

There's no such thing as overpaying a premium pass rusher who is 25 lol

10 minutes ago, ToonforPrez said:

HUFF didn't want to be here!!!! he wanted to start and play more than 15% of the snaps what part aren't you getting? While having Huff would have been nice, he wanted to be a 3 down player a game not 10-15 a game it ridiculous now at this point.

48 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Simple solution 

Find a team willing to either swap pass rusher, or get a comparable pick.

If you can’t make him pull a L Bell and sit out and throw away his 13+ million he would make this year.  And try and cash in next year (good luck with that).

Absolutely. I was thinking the same. This is Leveon Bell all over again. Reddick has maybe two good years, three at a stretch to play at an elite level. He's gambling his career away. Giving up a third will not be good, but it's not the end of the world either. Sh*t happens. Let's see what the Jets do...

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Testaverde9819 said:

Did Joe have foresight of this... It's still incompetence. Why wouldn't he run by all the hypotheticals first with the owner 

Suggesting collaboration with Woody Johnson. For F sake.

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Reddick’s contract demands have been public knowledge since January. That’s why the Eagles ate $23 mil against the cap to dump him on Douglas. 

Lamb has the same agents as HR. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I rescind my prior statement Trots.
Can I have my pastry back now?

absolutely - i might take a run to the bakery and pick up a few - i will think of you around 7pm or so as I am sipping that capucciono 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

The bigger disaster would be to trade him for what a 4th or 5th ? Let him sit, he will come to play eventually.  His career is basically over if he does not. At least we don’t lose a 2nd over him if he doesn’t play 67% of snaps. 

Hard to believe there are people advocating for trading him for anything less than what we gave up for him. That would absolutely be the dumbest thing they could do.

• Upvote 1

• slats changed the title to Hassan Reddick Holding Out, Requests Trade