Reddick Tomorrow

22 minutes ago, Gaffneycatch81 said:

Shows on the Saturday before the first game, knowing he can’t play but requiring the Jets to cut someone (probably a D-lineman who would have been active for this game). So he gets in one last shot to hurt the team before he gets his game check and the rest of the season is guaranteed because he’s on the game one roster. Hard as I’ve tried to stay objective and realize that the NFL is a business, I’m really starting to dislike this guy.

Would jets really have to cut someone if he’s not playing? Wouldn’t he just be deactivated and not on the 53? 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

What if the Jets put him on some pup list or something similar... and not count against the 53... hes obv not gonna be dressed but my strong feelings are fk this guy and lets do what needs to be done to trade him for Davante. Make him inactive for the meantime or whatever... he wants to play hardball lets play ball, fkn jerky 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Hmm surprising. Not sure if true but I would think Joe would not let him dress for the game . He is big on culture and being team first. I would be surprised to see him out there after missing everything and having a  guy who gave it their all get cut days before the game 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Hmm surprising. Not sure if true but I would think Joe would not let him dress for the game . He is big on culture and being team first. I would be surprised to see him out there after missing everything and having a  guy who gave it their all get cut days before the game 

He still has a chance to have a bigger impact than Huff did for the Eagles.

• Haha 3

So if he shows tomorrow, he gets paid Monday even if he doesn’t play? All this crap for what? 
I guess we're under no obligation to add him to the active roster at this point?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

I'm still not convinced.

Lombardi is the first person I've heard about, that seems to have actually had some communication, with people inside of Reddick's inner circle.

I don't think Lombardi would make those kind of assertions on video, if it wasn't true.

I listened to Lombardi's video a few times & he said he's "been told reliably, by people inside Reddick's camp" that he'll come in either sometime today (which is now yesterday) or tomorrow (which is today) and he stated that those people are & have been, pretty frustrated with Reddick's stubbornness (in not so many words) of not being willing to come in - basically telling him he had to come in and report to the team, to try & get something done and it sounded like they've been telling him this, for quite a while now.

Assuming that's true, that shines some light onto Reddick, as being the real problem and not his agents.

Point being, Reddick hasn't been listening to them all along and he may very well choose, to continue not listening to them.

I agree with a lot of others here, at this point, I'm really hoping he doesn't show up, he deserves nothing from this team. I'm also concerned that he will be completely toxic inside the locker room. The good thing is, we have a boatload of veteran leadership in the locker room, that I feel will be able to keep his negativity in check.

We'll see what - if anything, happens today.

• Upvote 2
  • More Ugh 1

7 hours ago, Gaffneycatch81 said:

Shows on the Saturday before the first game, knowing he can’t play but requiring the Jets to cut someone (probably a D-lineman who would have been active for this game). So he gets in one last shot to hurt the team before he gets his game check and the rest of the season is guaranteed because he’s on the game one roster. Hard as I’ve tried to stay objective and realize that the NFL is a business, I’m really starting to dislike this guy.

Jets might apply to the league for a 1-week roster exemption for him. I've seen them granted in similar circumstances.

Agree it would suck if he turns up today and we have to cut someone to accommodate a guy who isn't going to play this week.

• Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

I agree with a lot of others here, at this point, I'm really hoping he doesn't show up, he deserves nothing from this team.

This is the attitude I can't agree with anymore.   It's not your money.  The days of loyalty to team are long gone (barring a small handful of players) now it's about building a winner.

I don't care about the past, if he can help this team win then I want him on the field.

(To be clear, I used to have similar sentiments so I get it but I think as I've gotten older all I want to see is a winner - watching teams win SB's with wife abusers, rapists etc - while the Jets are sitting home on their morals and taking stands)

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 3
  • Sympathy 1