Brady is Better than Romo

Romo has become a parody of himself, but when he first started, he was a breath of fresh air. Actually had insights into the playcalling and knew how to translate them for most of the audience watching.

Brady offered nothing in the booth. No insight and plenty of inanities. Greg Olsen started poorly but grew into the role. Brady better do the same thing, but in today's game, Burkhardt had to carry Brady pretty hard.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Thoughts ? The Tom Brady Broadcast is pretty damn good. That's Kevin Burkhardt w him ?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

This is such a Dunnie take. I’m impressed by the consistency. 

Everyone else on the internet: Brady is a disaster

Dunnie: he’s pretty good! 

• Haha 2

This is such a Dunnie take. I’m impressed by the consistency. 
Everyone else on the internet: Brady is a disaster
Dunnie: he’s pretty good! 
Hey... I never said I'm right ...

I think I was so relieved to not hear the giddy manchild Romo that maybe I overvalued Brady's contribution... Still ... He didn't annoy me nearly as much as I had anticipated.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ghost420 said:

Bring Greg Olsen back 

I agree Olsen is much better. Maybe Brady will improve but it wasn’t a great start. I don’t remember ever doubting Romo or Olsen when they were rookie broadcasters, they were much more natural right from the start. 

• Upvote 2

I agree Olsen is much better. Maybe Brady will improve but it wasn’t a great start. I don’t remember ever doubting Romo or Olsen when they were rookie broadcasters, they were much more natural right from the start. 
I agree on Olsen .. but Romo ... Ptui.

5 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Thoughts ? The Tom Brady Broadcast is pretty damn good. That's Kevin Burkhardt w him ?

I could not disagree more. Brady was awkward and had no energy. Romo gets blasted but he has fun and seems excited. Romo does a much better job educating viewers compared to what Brady did today.

• Post of the Week 2

7 minutes ago, docdhc said:

I don't remember what I thought about Olsen initially but Romo seemed like a natural right from the start. 

Let's hope Brady can improve over time (and I'm guessing he will) because I think he's on a 10 year deal so we're stuck with him.  He needs to find his niche.  I'm sure he has some great stories and insights but, from the parts of the broadcast I heard, he didn't go into that stuff.  Instead, we got a lot of surface level stuff and a wooden delivery.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

I could not disagree more. Brady was awkward and had no energy. Romo gets blasted but he has fun and seems excited. Romo does a much better job educating viewers compared to what Brady did today.

All of this.  Maybe he takes things too far for most people but at least you can tell that Romo is genuinely brimming with enthusiasm.  That comes across on the telecast.  Brady didn't seem to be enjoying himself and he didn't seem to be very insightful either. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

All of this.  Maybe he takes things too far for most people but at least you can tell that Romo is genuinely brimming with enthusiasm.  That comes across on the telecast.  Brady didn't seem to be enjoying himself and he didn't seem to be very insightful either. 

When they mentioned sam Darnold he didn't say anything at all.

• Haha 1

Romo's voice is like Quint's fingernails on the chalkboard to me.

• Upvote 1

I tuned in to the last twenty minutes of the Cowboys game and the first thing I heard was Brady saying “That’s what the great coaches do; they put their best players in position to make plays.” Then he started in on some business about how he used to work with his arm and his body but now he uses his voice and that Mike Strahan told him he won’t be sore tomorrow haha. Dude won’t last the year in that job. 

• Haha 1

The day after he's drawing mixed reviews .. mostly from awkward to atrocious with an understanding that this was his first go ... It will be interesting to see if Robo-Tom gets better as the season moves along.

In the meantime .. It's Go Time gents let's f'ing go ... J E T S .. Jets Jets Jets ... This team can match up with SF ... Let's f'ing go !

• Upvote 1

His voice face and entire personality is irritating. I tried to watch the cowboys game but had to flip to another game because of how god damn aweful Brady is

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
Do you think some of your annoyance comes from him reaching God status in our division for decades? ... I hated Brady as much as anyone as the enemy .. it was annoying how dominant he was. But once he went to TB .. my opinion of him mellowed a bit. I mean clearly he's was not good in the booth yesterday ... My opinion was tainted by my Romoless broadcast relief.

Do you think some of your annoyance comes from him reaching God status in our division for decades? ... I hated Brady as much as anyone as the enemy .. it was annoying how dominant he was. But once he went to TB .. my opinion of him mellowed a bit. I mean clearly he's was not good in the booth yesterday ... My opinion was tainted by my Romoless broadcast relief.

Absolutely. I hate that man and will with every fiber of my being until I die.

**** Tom Brady, I refused to watch any Super Bowl he played in and so happy he’s retired.

I will refuse to watch any game he comments on. When he has the jets I’ll listen to the radio

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Sympathy 1

He’s got to talk the game as if he’s playing. Call out miscommunications, bad calls, poor effort etc. I think that’s what everyone was expecting. If he’s going to be a bland Joe Broadcaster then what’s the point of it?

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Aussie Jet said:

Romo has become a parody of himself, but when he first started, he was a breath of fresh air. Actually had insights into the playcalling and knew how to translate them for most of the audience watching.

Brady offered nothing in the booth. No insight and plenty of inanities. Greg Olsen started poorly but grew into the role. Brady better do the same thing, but in today's game, Burkhardt had to carry Brady pretty hard.

Brady has to get use to talking about something other than himself. I don’t see it happening, 

• Sympathy 1

53 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

He’s got to talk the game as if he’s playing. Call out miscommunications, bad calls, poor effort etc. I think that’s what everyone was expecting. If he’s going to be a bland Joe Broadcaster then what’s the point of it?

This.

There are two fanbases that have affinity for Brady because he QB’d the team to SB victories there. The other 30 fan bases find him insufferable, so he’s going to have to bring something more to the table than his name:

“I mean, if you can't be at least mildly interesting, then shut the hell up.”

IMG_0047.jpeg

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Dunnie said:

It's not that he's Tom Brady (heck, I really enjoy listening to Bill Belichick), I just didn't think he was good in his debut.  It doesn't mean he can't get better but he has a long way to go.  I'm not optimistic that he's going to be any good but it's probably unfair to say that after his first broadcast.  

16 hours ago, Dunnie said:

not even close .... still too earlyu he had some nerves going on so wait for him to settle down first