OL Still Sucks. JD has failed again

2 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Some of you don't understand what voice of Reason is... It's not having wild over reactions to any outcome... Sorry that I don't fall into the crowd here... 

This team is going to beat down a lot of teams... They were outclassed in their first game... 

yeah, “we” don’t.

• More Ugh 1

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Continuity. Really no turnover on their roster, plus they are calibrated to excellence given how high they’ve performed year over year. Jets start every season like an expansion team.

And end it like a contraction team

• Haha 2

I was disappointed as anyone but it’s week 1 and the team came out sloppy. The line play will get better as the weeks go on assuming we can stay healthy. We have talent on the line. 

Garrett Wilson had a bad game. He was a bit off last night. The Lazard dropped 3rd down pass and the breece fumble hurt us early. Even though we couldn’t get much going on offense, I saw flashes and have some confidence in this offense moving forward. The real issue here is the defensive front / run defense. Was that just a defense that got completely out coached by one of the best coaching staffs in the league or do we have a serious run defense problem?

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Really? Then why was sf in mid season form

because they played their starters in preseason.

in the 2nd preseason game Purdy went 2-6 11 yds.

in the last preseason game Purdy went 9-12 96 yds.

now i didnt watch these games but im betting he didnt play with the backups. Deebo and Kittle had 3 and 3 catches.

im willing to bet that teams who sat there starters all preseason looked like crap this week

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Some of you don't understand what voice of Reason is... It's not having wild over reactions to any outcome... Sorry that I don't fall into the crowd here... 

This team is going to beat down a lot of teams... They were outclassed in their first game... 

There is a difference between the voice of reason and calling yourself the voice of reason.  

Fan is short for fanatic.  Not over reacting isn’t a sign of reasonableness.  It’s a sign that you should be medicated because you’re probably a armed sociopath.

Thank you in advance for your downvote.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Teams were not getting blown off the ball in the trenches like that Jets were. QB receiver miscues yes- out of shape, soft, and heartless like the Jets were- no.

Teams were sloppy in a million different ways.  It wasn't just one aspect of the game where teams struggled.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Pass pro was solid.

Run game and all of the concepts for play design and the game calling was awful. Like, it looked so lopsided you’d wonder if SF had to be stealing signs. 

No need to steal when all we're doing is using the same sh*t they saw from the Packers for years 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, funaz said:

Interested in what you think Rodgers could have done better

Short answer retire 

Long answer he was 13 for 21 with 1 td 1 int and admitted he missed inside on the int. He did not play all that great. 

More than that it's just a lack of basic mobility. If he receives any pressure he's toast. The jets line only gave up 5 pressures but we need zero because Aaron is basically a jugs machine at this point 

The whole thing is just dumb. 

20 minutes ago, Mr. Rogers said:

No need to steal when all we're doing is using the same sh*t they saw from the Packers for years 

The toss play invented in 1910 gee wonder why it didn't work 

Nate Hackett isn't qualified to wash the laundry, he's drawing up run plays from the wishbone era 

• Upvote 2

Last night was one of the best coaching staffs in the league vs one of the worst. Jets will win a good amount of games this year based on talent but just enough to keep you engaged and disappointed. This coaching is one of the worst. 

best you can hope is a momentum lead run at end of the season and Rogers getting into the zone and just taking over. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • More Ugh 1

1 hour ago, British Jet said:

Yet the o-line only allowed 5 pressures in 21 drop backs. 

Least of the problems last night, but don’t let facts spoil your chance to moan. 

Not to mention that Rodgers finished with 14-21.  And there were four passes that were dropped ( Lazard and hall) and two passes caught but out of bounds by Wilson.  That would’ve put Rodgers at 18-21 and over 200 yds.  Best jet qb outing in a long time.  IMO the run game will happen.  Hall is too good to stay bottled up.  Allen showed some nice runs.  I think the biggest thing was Lazard doing so well after that first drop.  These are all good signs for the offense.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Short answer retire 

Long answer he was 13 for 21 with 1 td 1 int and admitted he missed inside on the int. He did not play all that great. 

More than that it's just a lack of basic mobility. If he receives any pressure he's toast. The jets line only gave up 5 pressures but we need zero because Aaron is basically a jugs machine at this point 

The whole thing is just dumb. 

Ridiculous.  Rodgers had four passes that should’ve been completions. Hall and Lazard each had a drop.  Wilson went out of bounds on two.  The oline will get better and Rodgers is plenty good.

38 minutes ago, Mr. Rogers said:

I was saying it was lopsided as if they were cheating. I know they weren’t actually doing it. To your point, it is antiquated and predictable.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

None of these guys got preseason reps. Smith barely practiced. What did you expect?

Saleh's soft approach has failed over and over.  You have to get all your key players some playing time together before the regular season begins. The pre-season games are a waste of time if you don't get your starting unit synchronized.  We understand that you want to protect the players from injuries, but the pampering and over-protection has not paid dividends under Saleh's approach. 

28 minutes ago, rangerous said:

Ridiculous.  Rodgers had four passes that should’ve been completions. Hall and Lazard each had a drop.  Wilson went out of bounds on two.  The oline will get better and Rodgers is plenty good.

He's mediocre and injury prone 

Derek Carr looks about a million times better 

They could have kept Sam Darnold or signed baker Mayfield for this level of play 

He's closer to a top 20 qb than a top 5 

This Aaron Rodgers experiment is going down as an all time bad trade 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Too early to panic. Week one with three new starters on the o-line, against a great D, and on the road. Seeing as the preseason is sh*t these days the advantage is with the team that isn't still coming together as the jets are. New o-line, essentially a new qb that was out last season.  The Jets kept the 49ers from scoring TDs at will, and scored a couple themselves. If the Jets struggle against the titans panicking will be far more appropriate at that point. 

33 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I was saying it was lopsided as if they were cheating. I know they weren’t actually doing it. To your point, it is antiquated and predictable.

Yeah I know, I was just saying it was so bad that efforts at cheating would be wasted haha

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, British Jet said:

Yet the o-line only allowed 5 pressures in 21 drop backs. 

Least of the problems last night, but don’t let facts spoil your chance to moan. 

The pass pro wasn’t that bad last night.  Smith gave up 1 sack to Bosa.   Hall averaged 3.5 ypc but he didn’t look explosive I thought Allen actually looked faster and hit the creases harder.

We need another wide receiver fellas.  I’m gonna keep saying it.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

21 minutes ago, bitonti said:

They could have kept Sam Darnold or signed baker Mayfield for this level of play 

Rodgers wasn’t bad last night he wasn’t great either.  The pick wasn’t his fault it came off a broken pass and the ball bounced up in the air.  Again, we need another WR.  The book is out on how to stop us just bracket cover GW and Hall isn’t anything special

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, doitny said:

because they played their starters in preseason.

in the 2nd preseason game Purdy went 2-6 11 yds.

in the last preseason game Purdy went 9-12 96 yds.

now i didnt watch these games but im betting he didnt play with the backups. Deebo and Kittle had 3 and 3 catches.

im willing to bet that teams who sat there starters all preseason looked like crap this week

The problem is, it's not an exact science.  There are multiple teams who played their starters in preseason but also looked like sh*t in week 1.  I think the bigger factor as to why San Fran was ready to go is because they are arguably the best team in the NFL returning, everyone. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

26 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Meh, Rodgers was showing vintage Rodgers and the team let him down on multiple series.  Drops, fumble, penalties, bad paly calling and they were all untimely.  The Jets had 14 first downs, 11 were through the air, they were 6 of 10 on 3rd down, all Rodgers.  The stupidity was trying to put the game in Hall's hands when clearly they couldnt move San Fran's DL and Hall was moving like he had rocks in his shoes.   Rodgers was clearly ready to cook but only gave him 21 attempts. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

I think Hackett’s cookie cutter playcalling is a bigger culprit then the OL….

WTF are we fooling with Outside zone on 1st down and A toss on 2nd down. 

OL kept Rodgers clean for the most part in pass pro. 9ers swarmed us on our basic ass run calls though 🥴

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Ghost420 said:

1 sack and 4 pressures vs one of the best defenses and pass rushers kn the league. Ya the oline was the issue. 

Pass blocking was adequate. Run blocking? Was awful. I’d say defense was a bigger disappointment because of expectations built over last couple of seasons but the O line could not move San Fran off the ball at all! 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

I think Hackett’s cookie cutter playcalling is a bigger culprit then the OL….

WTF are we fooling with Outside zone on 1st down and A toss on 2nd down. 

OL kept Rodgers clean for the most part in pass pro. 9ers swarmed us on our basic ass run calls though 🥴

Playcalling early on was extremely conservative 

• Upvote 3