Titans are a trash team

The next game will show us what this team is actually made of and if today was an "over reaction"

The Titans are a trash team-the Bears D beat up their offense like they stole something and managed to win even with their rookie QB looking every bit like a rookie making his first start. 

The niners game we all knew would be a hard game although most did not think it would be a total beat down like it was.

The Titans are a team the Jets should easily beat if any of the hype of our talent is actually true. The time for excuses is over. The time for results is now-wins matter- "hello you play to win the games"

If this game gets out of hand and we lose-it will be panic time.  

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

A loss to the Titans and I am bringing the Defcon thread back.

I predicted an 8-9 record and yes, we should beat the Titans. Expect a series of losses thereafter, because other teams will bring the ground and pound on our weak run D. 

Let's not start dissing the titans now. Every NFL team can compete (okay except maybe the Panthers). The jets have 0 wins too, in my mind we are no better.

Their defense is looking stout, particularly on the back end. They don't allow a lot of chunk plays. Doesn't bode well for the Jets when it looks like we may have difficulty establishing the run with Hacketts antiquated dog sh*t.

It will likely be another tight game even if the Jets do win. If the defense can't bounce back, I'm not so sure they will. I can't see the Jets scoring more than maybe 24-27 points at best. 

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I'm not a fan of the "oh, 49'ers game means nothing, showed us nothing, Week 1, we're gonna rip off 4 wins now easy, etc." attitude.

If the Jets are supposed to be a Super Bowl contender, there is every reason to expect them to compete against a fellow Super Bowl contender like the 49'ers.

Last night simply was not competitive.  It showed, at least for right now, that the Jets are not remotely on the same level as the 49'ers.

So the next few weeks will help us see what level, exactly, the Jets actually are at.  Not on paper.  Not in fan hype.  But in reality.  

Are we the pushover we saw last night?  Or no?  Very much TBD right now.

fair points.  imo it was actually good, in a way.  the defense has been getting pumped up for a couple of seasons and now they've been exposed.  saleh's defense has been exposed.  they really haven't been that strong against the run for a couple of seasons. and it was even worse because the secondary seemed to be confused.  there were too many wide open pass receptions.  i think they'll be able to work this out but the bigger point is; does saleh even know what his team's vulnerabilities are?  this guy brought in the defense.  he should know how to attack it.  maybe reddick will be a big help.  maybe they'll be able to bring in a good run stopper.

I’d be careful with that expectation….they were up by 17 on the road….If Levis doesn’t make that bozo toss for a pick 6 they may have very well hung on to win that game….

I don’t think they’re very talented but they’re gonna put up a fight in their home opener. If the Jets are the team ppl think they are they should still win….

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Mr. Rogers said:

Let's not start dissing the titans now. Every NFL team can compete (okay except maybe the Panthers). The jets have 0 wins too, in my mind we are no better.

Their defense is looking stout, particularly on the back end. They don't allow a lot of chunk plays. Doesn't bode well for the Jets when it looks like we may have difficulty establishing the run with Hacketts antiquated dog sh*t.

It will likely be another tight game even if the Jets do win. If the defense can't bounce back, I'm not so sure they will. I can't see the Jets scoring more than maybe 24-27 points at best. 

Yea, the more I look at this game, the tougher it looks on paper. 

We have to prove we can stop the run. I need to see how this defense responds before assuming anything. 

• Upvote 3

If the Jets are who folks say they are -the should walk through the Titans- I personally never bought into the fact that they are a top 5 roster and I think the coach is trash.

I believe this game is HUGE for the jets and will say lots about their character and their ability to compete this season

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Pac said:

Prepare for a get right game.  They needed a reminder that they haven't done anything yet which I'd much rather have happen now then December. 

My expectations for the season have not changed. 

I agree with this. This organization in the past would get puffed up by silly press clippings saying how good they are, etc. I didn't think they would win last night, but I didn't think they would get pushed all over the field on D.    IF they had won last night they probably would lose in Tennessee. Typical Jets that would be.

47 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

JJ the double digit sack master got pancaked.  Get Reddick in here now

He got mugged, frankly. If nobody else in the front seven can penetrate, then JJ will get held/mugged and double teamed every week.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, kmnj said:

The next game will show us what this team is actually made of and if today was an "over reaction"

The Titans are a trash team-the Bears D beat up their offense like they stole something and managed to win even with their rookie QB looking every bit like a rookie making his first start. 

The niners game we all knew would be a hard game although most did not think it would be a total beat down like it was.

The Titans are a team the Jets should easily beat if any of the hype of our talent is actually true. The time for excuses is over. The time for results is now-wins matter- "hello you play to win the games"

If this game gets out of hand and we lose-it will be panic time.  

I see what you are trying to do here.