Complete this sentence: "If the Jets get beat by the Titans this Sunday, ......................"

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

I could maaaaybe see it at 0-3, if we get embarrassed by the Pats on national TV. With the extra few days to prepare for Denver, I wouldn't totally rule it out. It would have to be really bad. And I agree that it is very unlikely, regardless. 

if they lose the next 2 games that regime is on life support.  

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

If the Jets get beat by the Titans this Sunday, then RS should be fired immediately.

The team may not be perfect, but it isn't devoid of talent as was the case in prior seasons. For the holes that they do have the team is pretty talented, and shouldn't lose to the titans. People will make a case for JD being fired, and he isn't safe either, but a good coach could take this team and win a lot of games. I don't see JD fired after this season, but I do see RS getting the axe if things go sideways. At some point you expect the HC to show some worth aside from being a cheerleader/ spokesperson. The D is good, or it was, but it also has a lot invested in it talent and money wise.

this is right.

Saleh should lose his job if things go sideways, but it wont be after 2 weeks or even in season. and there is no way Ulbrich gets hired over Hackett as long as Rodgers is here. 

Saleh vs Hackett? i take Saleh any day of the week.

24 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

The only thing that has been common throughout all the failed regimes and disaster seasons and on field embarrassments is.... WOODY.

I happen to agree with this.

The organizational culture will never change enough, regardless of what GM/coaching staff & players that are brought in, until there is a change in ownership.

Woody Johnson is NY/NJ's version of Daniel Snyder, as such he is a completely clueless owner, who doesn't know how to let his football people, handle football operations.

Woody has a propensity to mettle, where he should absolutely be hands off and he simply can't help himself.

Until Woody sells the team, I feel like we're destined to fail.

• Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

The organizational culture will never change enough, regardless of what GM/coaching staff & players are brought in, until their is a change in ownership.

Woody Johnson is NY/NJ's version of Daniel Snyder, as such he is a completely clueless owner, who doesn't know how to let his football people, handle football operations.

Woody has a propensity to mettle, where he absolutely should be hands off and he just can't help himself.

Exactly.  If they have success on the field, it will be a product of chance and not intelligent design.  And as we all know, winning by chance/luck only happens on rare occasion. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, doitny said:

this is right.

Saleh should lose his job if things go sideways, but it wont be after 2 weeks or even in season. and there is no way Ulbrich gets hired over Hackett as long as Rodgers is here. 

Saleh vs Hackett? i take Saleh any day of the week.

I doubt it as well, but a man can dream. I don't hate RS either. I'm just sick and tired of incompetence not being addressed. When you can coast for years and not show much of anything that's a problem. I get context too, as a coach needs talent to work with, and the Jets weren't a talented team when he got here. However, his teams seem to always be soft and not prepared. We'll probably beat up on some bad teams, but that doesn't mean much. I'm not happy, but not pissed either, about losing to the 49ers as they're a great established team, it happens. However, to lose to the titans, particularly if it's a pathetic showing, better start the gears of change in motion. I'm sure after going 0-2 to start they'll run the table and all will be well, but if they don't get to the playoffs at a minimum... Heads need to roll.    

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

The organizational culture will never change enough, regardless of what GM/coaching staff & players that are brought in, until there is a change in ownership.

Woody has a propensity to mettle, where he should absolutely be hands off and he simply can't help himself.

Woody could lose every game for the next 10 years, he's still not as bad as Dan Snyder.

Woody may in fact be inept, no question. 

But Snyder was actively, aggressively, a bad human being who loathed his own fanbase.

7 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

But you’ll remain calm, because you’re the bestest, most manly Jets fan of them all, right?

No its just a game and at the end of the day my weed is green and my beer is cold so I wont have too many concerns if the jets fail.  I am used to it. 

• Upvote 1

If the Jets lose to the Titans Sunday, their chances of making the playoffs will have drastically decreased.  Only 31 of 270 teams who have started 0-2 have made the playoffs since 1990.  For those trying to do the math, that's 11.5%.  Not good and while the Jets have a favorable schedule ahead, a loss to the Titans would make it very hard to have any confidence that the Jets can turn it around.

• Upvote 3

Just now, JiFtheOracle said:

If the Jets lose to the Titans Sunday, their chances of making the playoffs will have drastically decreased.  Only 31 of 270 teams who have started 0-2 have made the playoffs since 1990.  For those trying to do the math, that's 11.5%.  Not good and while the Jets have a favorable schedule ahead, a loss to the Titans would make it very hard to have any confidence that the Jets can turn it around.

That stat means nothing.  There are 17 games now.

3 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Typically, when you give the better coaches more time to prepare, their record reflects it.

Guys like Reid, Harbaugh, tend to dominate in week 1, after bye weeks, etc.

Interpret it as you like, but the fact is the opposite has been true of Saleh.

He should know that 9er offensive scheme inside out.   He had 3 months to prepare, and that's what we got.

Agreed!  That 4 wide DL got abused, and we never adjusted during the game.

Love your avatar.  

2 hours ago, Alka said:

For me, "If the Jets get beat by the Titans this Sunday, then Woody Johnson should think about firing Robert Saleh, and making our Defensive Coordinator the interim head coach."

Yes, 0-1 is nothing to get bent out of shape, but this is a "win now" team, and there must be a sense of urgency, before the season gets out of control.

Things will seem normal.

• Haha 1