**** OFFICIAL JETS v PATS THURSDAY NIGHT GAME THREAD ****

Pac

Fully prepared for a 3 hour heart attack. Patriots are a borderline elite defense compared to ours, and we have the most vanilla, predictable offense maybe in all of the NFL. They should crush our run game and force our 61 year old QB and the worst offensive coordinator in the history of the sport to beat them. I hope I am wrong and the crowd is revved up and so is the team, who is apparently, understandably, exhausted. (3 games in 11 days is criminal.)

I’m hoping Rodgers starts making more adjustments at the line to get away from Hackett’s playcalling lol. I noticed the first two weeks that they got most of their big plays when Rodgers was making audibles at the LOS

6 minutes ago, Dcronin said:

Fully prepared for a 3 hour heart attack. Patriots are a borderline elite defense compared to ours, and we have the most vanilla, predictable offense maybe in all of the NFL. They should crush our run game and force our 61 year old QB and the worst offensive coordinator in the history of the sport to beat them. I hope I am wrong and the crowd is revved up and so is the team, who is apparently, understandably, exhausted. (3 games in 11 days is criminal.)

I expect an ugly game -- similar to Tennessee.  And similar to Tennessee, we have the better QB, so if it comes down to a one score game in the 4th quarter, I like our QB to make a play or two.  Also their OL is pretty banged up, so hopefully we can force Brissett into some mistakes and can win a 24-13 type game, but I don't expect it to be pretty -- kind of like most Thursday night games.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Ill be keying in on Quinnen Williams tonight.  Guy has been invisible this season.  He needs a bunch of pressures and a sack or 2 tonight.  If hes invisible again, it is time to get leonard taylor some snaps in his place.

So they can single team Taylor and move the double teams somewhere else?

Oh Cap. Why do you hurt me like this 😭 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Ill be keying in on Quinnen Williams tonight.  Guy has been invisible this season.  He needs a bunch of pressures and a sack or 2 tonight.  If hes invisible again, it is time to get leonard taylor some snaps in his place.

The diseeeeeeeeze 🤢

Seahawks traveled from the west coast to face the Pats.  Always a disadvantage going in for a west coast team.
Geno took them apart in the air for over 300 yds. 

Need to see a creative attacking O from Hackett/Rodgers.  As good as our 2 backs are.. ‘ground and pound’ is not the way to go to win this one. Pats have been stout v the run.  Need to mix it up obviously and test them on the ground..but Rodgers ‘thru the air’ will win this game..provided our D plays like the top one..it’s supposed to be.

20 minutes ago, Lith said:

I expect an ugly game -- similar to Tennessee.  And similar to Tennessee, we have the better QB, so if it comes down to a one score game in the 4th quarter, I like our QB to make a play or two.  Also their OL is pretty banged up, so hopefully we can force Brissett into some mistakes and can win a 24-13 type game, but I don't expect it to be pretty -- kind of like most Thursday night games.

Yeah, plus these young D linemen are getting baptized by fire, so hopefully they keep making strides. Let's go, Will!

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, OilfieldJet said:

I like the change @Pac implemented. I mean, what tradition? 14 years of no playoffs? I’ll take change.

This is a good point. I would like to rescind my vitriolic criticism/downvotes @Pac*

*Vitriolic criticism will ensue if/when the Jets lose. 

I'm guessing that the CS is going to try once again to establish the run.  They will open the first half with run, run pass.  If it does not produce, they will revert to passing on 1st down late in the 2nd qtr. or to open the 3rd qtr.

The offensive line was getting a lot better towards the end of the Titans game and NE does not seem to play the run as well as the Titans front seems to, so they may very well have success on the ground this evening. 

I'd still like to see more creativity in the passing game with Williams and Conklin getting more calls. 

And, please... No black uni or green pants.  Keep it white pants with the green top or whit top.  This is national TV.  Even if they get handled, I want them to look slick doing it.

7 minutes ago, Larz said:

Ulbrich better have an answer to this 

IMG_0863.jpeg

Ya same as the last 2 weeks just hope the LBs and Ss can make plays. Which relatively they haven’t. We need to go big up front. Make Brissett beat us with the pass. I’ll take our CBs over there WRs all day 1 on 1.

• Sympathy 1

23 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I dare you to tell Braelon Allen that's a man purse.

I love watching that play.  Those corners, once A0 got a head of steam wanted NOTHING to do with him, they just stepped aside.  Can't really blame them.

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, JiFtheOracle said:

This thread disgusts me.  JN doesnt deserve @Pac.  Hands down the best Captain we've ever had.

4-1, here we come and none of you are invited to the celebration party.  NO ONE!  Just going to be me and Pac, slow dancing on an empty dance floor.  

Huh huh huh huh huh

I know this 

much is 

TRUE

• Haha 1