Joe Douglas moving heaven and earth to draft Malachi Corley

5 minutes ago, Trotter said:

One thing that is obvious

the more this coaching staff speaks the more ridiculous they sound

There’s an obvious disconnect. But the entire operation is broken. Corley was not a good prospect and these guys, who have been the most guarded and timid regime related to transparency, went out of their way to tell everyone they had to draft him. Just imagine what the conversations were about Becton, Zach Wilson etc. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Your an oc of an nfl team and you come up with it could be soon or later?

kind of saying he could be ok or he could suck

Good Lord

This regime treats every year like a redshirt year.  Especially the coaching staff.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

There’s an obvious disconnect. But the entire operation is broken. Corley was not a good prospect and these guys, who have been the most guarded and timid regime related to transparency, went out of their way to tell everyone they had to draft him. Just imagine what the conversations were about Becton, Zach Wilson etc. 

Why do you always feel the need to lie or misrepresent reality? 

Corey wasn't a good prospect? It's 2024, people can go back and look at people's analysis. I did it for you:

Screenshot_20241003_200858_Chrome.jpg

I almost never say this about draft picks until at least year 2 but I don't think this guy is ever going to do anything in the NFL. At most he'll be a special teams guy who gets a gadget play a few times a season. He just never looked like an NFL wr to me.

Would love to be wrong and preferably mocked for this take but I don't see it.

• Sympathy 1

This offense AR runs is obviously complex.  Adjusting routes on the fly, timing, etc. 

My guess?  Corley’s head is spinning. Combo of struggling to figure it out and/or thinking too much and getting “caught between minds.”  (A futbol phrase:  Needing to make a choice, missing the moment, and then choosing neither until it is too late.)

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

Why do you always feel the need to lie or misrepresent reality? 

Corey wasn't a good prospect? It's 2024, people can go back and look at people's analysis. I did it for you:

Screenshot_20241003_200858_Chrome.jpg

He averaged 11 yards a catch for Western Kentucky. You can go watch his college YouTube and try telling me he was a prospect worth jumping to get with a straight face. Zierlein works for the league and he’s not going to be negative. 

From little I've seen from Corely he looks like he be a really good player think it's your crappy OC that refuses to put him out there. Like to see this kid in the slot see what he could do but with  Hackett have ignored Corely entirely there is enough plays to get him out there just Hackett is to stupid figure how to use him.

Gipson has 3 catches for 22 yards and 65 snaps

Corley has 2 snaps

The entire thing about corely is jsut get him he ball he is a yac demon so the excuse of no pattern experience and such is silly.

The jets simply have garbage coaches a garbage scheme and a QB who is very particuar bout his wr knowing what they are doing except if they want to go to Egypt of course.

52 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

He averaged 11 yards a catch for Western Kentucky. You can go watch his college YouTube and try telling me he was a prospect worth jumping to get with a straight face. Zierlein works for the league and he’s not going to be negative. 

Steve Smith loved him (for whatever that's worth), and he's had some good calls over the years. Corley averaged 12.7 yards per catch on 180+ over the last two years of college. That isn’t so bad bad, especially for a volume receiver catching passes behind the line of scrimmage. He led the nation in screen yards and had 2,200+yards with 22 touchdowns during that two year span. 

He may end up stinking -- but his college production suggests he was worth a flyer. 

• Upvote 1