Jeff Ulbrich confirmed new HC

This better be an itnerim until the end of the year hire.

He is part of the existing regime.

He is a defensive head coach

Though the D has not been as good as hoped this year it is STILL the offense that is holding this team back.

Just what have we changed with the offense?

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

This better be an itnerim until the end of the year hire.

He is part of the existing regime.

He is a defensive head coach

Though the D has not been as good as hoped this year it is STILL the offense that is holding this team back.

Just what have we changed with the offense?

The D has been elite despite losing its top two edge rusher, CJ Mosley, and corners being banged up all year. The best thing that can happen to this franchise is it Ulbrich is a good HC and we can continue the defensive culture we’ve created. The Ravens and Steelers don’t have offensive head coaches either 

• Thumb Down 1

18 minutes ago, sciond said:

Here is the thing. This team has a ton of talent and that is why we are all so angry at this point. Remember where the roster was before JD?

That’s ridiculous. He’s made way too many blunders and this is a cheap “all in” roster. He hasn’t built a sustainable success roster like he preached and made a bunch of panic moves after being atrocious for the first few years. I’ve seen enough. Any GM can hoard resources and go all in or spend money on talent. It’s not how you build long term winners and stability with constant roster turnover from all the band aids. There’s a reason this was considered a Super Bowl or bust season. When you go completely all in, you expend all your ammo and it’s a Hail Mary. That’s not due to being a successful GM. 

1 hour ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

GREAT NEWS 

We keep the defensive system and culture we’ve built but now have a true leader of men who was a great player and players will actually respect 

https://x.com/PSchrags/status/1843656502336467452

This is actually horrible news on an otherwise excellent top notched decision. Ulbrich is another Saleh, and the Jets are stuck again with another defensive coordinator pretending to be a HC.

52 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Well when JD is fired I will say that. Only half of the job is done. He’s needed through the trade deadline then they can dump him. 

Don't think they are firing JD think they want to get a head start on evaluating coaches and roster isn't the problem this is very talented team they should at least be 4-1 right now.  I think JD gets a 2 year extension and if ulbrich doesn't work they immediately go after guy like Ben Johnson.

I see either Mike Ruttenberg (LBer's coach) or Aaron Whitecotton (D-Line coach) taking over as Interim Defensive Coordinator.

Tony Oden (Senior Defensive Assistant/CB's) would be my dark horse candidate for interim DC.

I think any of them will be quite capable, under Ulbrich's watchful eye.

39 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

That’s ridiculous. He’s made way too many blunders and this is a cheap “all in” roster. He hasn’t built a sustainable success roster like he preached and made a bunch of panic moves after being atrocious for the first few years. I’ve seen enough. Any GM can hoard resources and go all in or spend money on talent. It’s not how you build long term winners and stability with constant roster turnover from all the band aids. There’s a reason this was considered a Super Bowl or bust season. When you go completely all in, you expend all your ammo and it’s a Hail Mary. That’s not due to being a successful GM. 

SMH... LOL talk about ridiculous. Seriously

Any GM? Remember Idzik?

Look at the players they have under 25

25-9 year old players

Don't be a fool

Some people just don't get it. 

2 minutes ago, sciond said:

SMH... LOL talk about ridiculous. Seriously

Any GM? Remember Idzik?

Look at the players they have under 25

25-9 year old players

Don't be a fool

Some people just don't get it. 

Idzik didn’t go all in. Anyone can do that. It’s not sustainable and JD talked a good game but couldn’t execute that part. What you see now is desperation, not long term planning. We just have to agree to disagree on this one. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Idzik didn’t go all in. Anyone can do that. It’s not sustainable and JD talked a good game but couldn’t execute that part. What you see now is desperation, not long term planning. We just have to agree to disagree on this one. 

agreed

2 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Look man, I’m just happy as hell right now. That’s all that really matters. We should be celebrating and enjoy our victories when  we get them haha. 

Now that we agree on!

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

He fires Hackett or hired a new OC after the season. Ulbrich is a GREAT get as HC 

Is Ulbrich the interim HC or has he been given a 3-4 year contract?  If he's the interim, then what's that mention of his hiring a new OC after the season?

2 hours ago, JetPotato said:

I see everyone is excited that we have a defensive minded coach in the head role.

Team probably rallies a little. Woody gives him extension. Antonio Piercey.

This team will never be functional on offense. Ever.

I was thinking the same thing but hopefully he has the people in place to take care of the defense while he oversees the whole team.  I'll worry about next year, next year but if he can manage both sides of the ball, holds people accountable, and the players respect him he will probably get extended.  (With some level of success that is).

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

7th coach in 20 years. That's maybe the most insane stat of this franchise when you think about it. Hard to fathom.

Not one of them has a winning record back to Herm, and Groh only bc he timed the market

3 hours ago, The Gun Of Bavaria said:

I feel for Salah. I have a ton of reasons I was rooting for the guy. Michigan roots through and through……. I hope JU fires Hackett immediately. - at a min takes play calling away from him, 

Same, I can’t cheer for anyone losing their job, it’s just a game and these are human beings with families, always came across as a class guy and hoped he’d succeed but he became more famous for Ill-advised slogans than quality coaching. Kudos to Woody for making what many would consider a bold move and I like Ulbrich, so hoping he can turn this around but can only wish Robert Saleh and his family the very best going forward and thank him for trying his best