Incarcerated Bob: Hackett isn’t close to being safe

3 minutes ago, Drums said:

I'd say this wake up call would do something but honestly, he just isn't good. This is his last OC job and I'm tired of being the team that helps the rest of the league realize someone sucks. Actually scratch that, everyone knew before he came here except us apparently. (We all knew though)

Not saying Hackett is very good, but his plays and the drives have a much better chance to work consistently without presnap penalties and so many dropped passes. If those two things were extremely minimized Hacketts offense would look much better, even the run game since the penalties kill the run game since it puts you in long down and distance requiring much more passing then running, and dropped passes also make you lose downs and make you have to throw even more since running can’t usually give you quick and as much yardage like passing.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Is jd completely neutered?

He would have been fired if not for the Aaron Rodgers Hail Mary. His decision to hire Hackett and having that fail miserably, along with another badly built OL, definitely lost what little 🏈 🏀 he had left..

2 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

He would have been fired if not for the Aaron Rodgers Hail Mary. His decision to hire Hackett and having that fail miserably, along with another badly built OL, definitely lost what little 🏈 🏀 he had left..

How do we know JD "decided" on Hackett?  It might have been a condition for getting Rodgers that Woody approved. We don't know the details, only speculating.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Dcat said:

How do we know JD "decided" on Hackett?  It might have been a condition for getting Rodgers that Woody approved. We don't know the details, only speculating.

It certainly wasn’t Saleh who was on board with sending his buddy packing in favor of Hackett. If JD didn’t decide on the hire of Hackett, then he had already lost all power even before the season started.

12 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

He didn't build a bad OL.....he hired the knucklehead who can't coach OL and the knucklehead who can't design offensive schemes. 

• Upvote 3

44 minutes ago, Drums said:

I'd say this wake up call would do something but honestly, he just isn't good. This is his last OC job and I'm tired of being the team that helps the rest of the league realize someone sucks. Actually scratch that, everyone knew before he came here except us apparently. (We all knew though)

I don’t know. I’d say 60% of this board went on and on about how “maybe he’s not a good head coach but he’s a good coordinator.” Even tho his track record as a coordinator sucked too

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

30 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

I don’t know. I’d say 60% of this board went on and on about how “maybe he’s not a good head coach but he’s a good coordinator.” Even tho his track record as a coordinator sucked too

I'll admit I said this. Rodgers had good seasons with Hackett and got considerably worse after Hackett left. I thought he would be ok as an OC with any of the vets the team was reportedly chasing and good if the team ended up with Rodgers. Clearly I was totally wrong. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

It certainly wasn’t Saleh who was on board with sending his buddy packing in favor of Hackett. If JD didn’t decide on the hire of Hackett, then he had already lost all power even before the season started.

People always throw that around but Hackett was with Marrone and these guysbinbJacksonville.   TmHe  has as much link to Salen as LaFleur