Clown show

11 minutes ago, kmnj said:

Only the Jets would replace their OC but keep him on 

Woody should thank god the browns owner exists as he is the only one that is more clueless 

hackett should have been let go if he is not capable ( I don’t think he is )

we have seen this movie play out 

Joe will be extended ( he should not be) He will then hire a new coach for next year or Woody will -  at the end of next year Joe gets fired and a new GM will get stuck with a coach he didn’t pick 

Thanks Woody 

I wanted to respond with why the negativity? Think positively and not be the same ole jets.

but then history tells me that would be a big mistake

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, kmnj said:

Woody should thank god the browns owner exists as he is the only one that is more clueless 

Joe will be extended ( he should not be) He will then hire a new coach for next year or Woody will -  at the end of next year Joe gets fired and a new GM will get stuck with a coach he didn’t pick 

Thanks Woody 

Oh relax. Theres no one else there to massage Aaron's sore feet, to caress his facial muscles... Hackett must stay.

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Oh relax. Theres no one else there to massage Aaron's sore feet, to caress his facial muscles... Hackett must stay.

Exactly, if Aaron insists on this guy being present to placate him, it’s really no problem. Just remove him from having any influence on the rest of the offense and we’re good.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Exactly, if Aaron insists on this guy being present to placate him, it’s really no problem. Just remove him from having any influence on the rest of the offense and we’re good.

I mean why are worrying about how Woody spends his money? There's no salary cap on coaches...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, kmnj said:

Thanks Woody 

image.gif.47fe9206b9099bd0f0a7a4c9558a8a9d.gif

14 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I’ve seen dozens of teams demote a coordinator without firing him. Happens all the time. Jim Fassel famously demoted Sean Payton . . . 

How many teams have u seen fire the head coach but keep and demote the OC ? Jim was the head coach who was an offensive guy 

11 minutes ago, hawk said:

None of us know what kind of guy he is within the locker room, and he may be a good coach.  

He just has zero ability to call plays.

Two different animals.

Yeah sure the players love a guy that created one of the worst offenses in the league lol 

he showed he can’t be a head coach - see Denver and can’t call plays see the jets 

maybe he could be a host or assistant to the traveling secretary like George 

1 hour ago, kmnj said:

Thanks Woody 

Sometimes when i come to JetNation and see posts like this I wish that I was on a small plane that crashed on a desert island and I had to endure water birds sh*tting all over my dehydrated dying body. 

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, kmnj said:

How many teams have u seen fire the head coach but keep and demote the OC ? Jim was the head coach who was an offensive guy 

Well, you didn't mention firing the HC first. 

We all know why Hackett is still employed. 

8 hours ago, hawk said:

None of us know what kind of guy he is within the locker room, and he may be a good coach.  

He just has zero ability to call plays.

Two different animals.

It is also like benching a QB to get a spark. Giving another offensive coach the game plan and play calling duties may shake things up and get the O more on track. It may have worked better with Hackett if there weren’t so many dumb presnap penalties and turnovers by the O and you can’t blame game plans and play calling on that.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

1252540D-4199-4BD0-8CD4-4E6C578877B8.jpeg.7ac6412f502a9548a3cd957e79999dab.jpeg

He is at least making an effort to turn things around in the right direction. But if Ulbrich doesn’t work out as a long term solution we are in trouble with the overall situation between GM and getting another HC since we can’t rely on Woody or JD to pick a good one.

35 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

He is at least making an effort to turn things around in the right direction. But if Ulbrich doesn’t work out as a long term solution we are in trouble with the overall situation between GM and getting another HC since we can’t rely on Woody or JD to pick a good one.

I am afraid if that happens he will fire JD and then we'll REALLY be in trouble! 

54 minutes ago, Frankie Green said:

I am afraid if that happens he will fire JD and then we'll REALLY be in trouble! 

He”ll fire the GM and leave the coach in place. Then hire a GM and say you can’t hire your own coach you’re stuck with this guy. Sound familiar?

• Upvote 1

An OC has more responsibilities within an organization than just calling the plays.

Hackett still does everything else, it is only one thing that he won't do now. This has happened on lots of other teams (both successful and unsuccessful) where play calling duties are altered. HCs have often taken over calling plays on O / D but retained the coordinators that they took these duties away from.

We're trying to course correct via some smaller adjustments - not abandon ship. As mentioned above, a few differences here and there and we're 4-1 right now. No point going nuclear on it all and starting over - that's the sort of thing you do when the season is lost. This season is far from lost.