Mike Williams DNP

10 minutes ago, JKlecko said:

I love how Jets fans like you run your mouth and show your ignorance.  Rodgers didn't underthrow it.  If you read the threads and saw the videos that Dan Orlovsky and Emmanuel Acho did, they clearly showed that Williams ran the wrong route.  Rodgers said that it was supposed to be a no look pass, he only looked at Williams after he started his throwing motion, saw that Williams had run inside instead of outside, and then tried to redirect the throw mid-throw.  It's amazing that he was able to get it anywhere near dumbass Mike Williams.

I watched the reply and he actually didn't run the wrong route. Williams just got funneled inside the hashes due to his inside release and then didn't stack up onto the CB to get back outside the numbers. So yes, he wasn't rightfully position where he needed to be but it wasn't the WRONG ROUTE. Mike Williams has been making plays for a while now. So in general get him the 50/50 chances. This isn't about one damn play. Get him the rock Rodgers aka the Offensive Coordinator. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

3 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

He screwed up. Ran the wrong route at the wrong time.  These guys make a fortune to play a game. One game and any of us would be set for life. I have no pity on any of them. Do your damn job. That goes for Rodgers as well.

He didn’t just run the wrong route he tripped over himself and let the bills DB strip the ball from him ending the game.  MW easily could have still made that catch, had a 30 yard reception for a first down and been a hero helping setup a game tying fg

MW is making $15 mil this year and his poor play cost us 2 games.  He sucks.  He’s done and I hope he enjoys playing with Massage Watson in Cleveland the rest of the season and probably his career because the sh tshow browns are the only team left messed up enough to actually start him.

82AB86BA-E4FD-4780-BDE2-E9F4896B3CEC.thumb.jpeg.2259e9ef5c15e22485d177dfbb092f3a.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, BroadwayRay said:

Cimini and Costello both implied in their reporting today that there might be some resentment building in the Jets locker room about how much focus Rodgers places on “his guys.”

The post mortem articles on this Rodgers era is going to be way more enjoyable than the on field product.

• Upvote 1

Thought he had a head injury 

Are we sure it was “personal reasons”?

BTW “Dov Kleiman” has got to be a freaking bot someone uses to make money off of retweeting someone else’s scoop

I have the account blocked but it still manages to pop up everywhere in mentions

Pretty scummy 

6 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

So we’re 2-4, fired the HC, the CS is a man short (two actually because Hackett has been neutered), the Reddick situation is comical, Tyrod is shot, and now they’re dumping Mike Williams.

All in, baby.

Yeah the Tyrod bit is the killer, we’re fooked 

• Upvote 1

I may be in the minority but I actually thought that MW had been coming along, albeit gradually, as one of our better players in recent weeks and it’s notable that with the game on the line the last two weeks, Rodgers went to him in those clutch situations.
I’d hoped he might increasingly become a weapon in the passing game but it’s such a shambles on offense that it’d be tough for anyone to shine. Personally I’ve no problem with Rodgers comments, visibly frustrated, in the immediate aftermath of another tough loss but lost in all this is that Williams nearly made an unbelievable grab despite the crazy adjustment he needed to make, he was a gnats chuff away from scooping that up off the ground. Maybe if AR had called him out for running the wrong route but acknowledged he nearly made a heck of an adjustment to make the play, there’s less of a sense of throwing Williams under the bus and the the fuss around this blows over.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

The post mortem articles on this Rodgers era is going to be way more enjoyable than the on field product.

Russini will be killed by Jets fans protecting the organization that has shat on their heads for decades.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, redlichtie said:

I may be in the minority but I actually thought that MW had been coming along, albeit gradually, as one of our better players in recent weeks and it’s notable that with the game on the line the last two weeks, Rodgers went to him in those clutch situations.
I’d hoped he might increasingly become a weapon in the passing game but it’s such a shambles on offense that it’d be tough for anyone to shine. Personally I’ve no problem with Rodgers comments, visibly frustrated, in the immediate aftermath of another tough loss but lost in all this is that Williams nearly made an unbelievable grab despite the crazy adjustment he needed to make, he was a gnats chuff away from scooping that up off the ground. Maybe if AR had called him out for running the wrong route but acknowledged he nearly made a heck of an adjustment to make the play, there’s less of a sense of throwing Williams under the bus and the the fuss around this blows over.

Always thought that he was high risk.  He didn’t get a lot of looks in FA and we signed him for pretty cheap money on a prove it deal coming off a major injury. 

Still thought he would be a lot better as a No. 2 than Lazard.  He’s obviously done here.  He’s not one of Rodgers Super Friends so unlike Hackett who still retains the title of OC, he’s done here.

Who are his guys? Lazard? He’s the only one. 
Exactly.... and Lazard is not as good as Mike Williams or Garrett Wilson ... His number are being inflated in an ocean of dropped passes due to Uncle Aaron.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

FO owes it to MW to sit him down today and be transparent with him. IMO they shouldn’t trade him. But if we do want to. Be honest with him about it. Reports are that we’re listening to offers. But don’t let that be his source of communication. Be men and sit and talk with the man.

We did as an organization really want him to sign and knew he’d take a bit to get healthy and on the same page. And now we can’t be pissed that that’s what’s happening. He signed with us knowing our pitch was that we had Rodgers and we’d give him time to bounce back.

Maybe he wants out 100%. Which I wouldn’t blame him. He was in essence signed as WR2. And now is WR4. Let’s not forget he’s on a 1 year deal and wants stats for his next contract. He’s not getting that as WR4. Likely getting very little RZ looks with the 3 guys ahead of him.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

You’re crying over nothing

Is that what you call it when someone smarter than you discusses something objectively and doesn’t leave room for your child-like stupidity?

Is so, then …

Sad Tears GIF

9 hours ago, Pac said:

Don't care that ARod called him out.  Run the right route. 

He'll be OK. 

I have zero empathy for this ******* guy. Zero. You’re a vet and you’re getting paid a ton of money. Do your job and run the right route. 

I pray we trade this guy. 

• Upvote 1

I have zero empathy for this ******* guy. Zero. You’re a vet and you’re getting paid a ton of money. Do your job and run the right route. 

What a poor take.

• Upvote 1

MW has a couple spectacular contested long balls so far. Was hopeful too.

• Upvote 1

The team is crashing and burning. Woody, in his infinite stupidity, has created a horribly toxic environment by giving absolute power to one player. 

JD, Saleh, their predecessors.....they weren't the root of this team's myriad of problems. Woody is. This team will never amount to jack sh!t as long as he is the owner. 

6 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

The team is crashing and burning. Woody, in his infinite stupidity, has created a horribly toxic environment by giving absolute power to one player. 

JD, Saleh, their predecessors.....they weren't the root of this team's myriad of problems. Woody is. This team will never amount to jack sh!t as long as he is the owner. 

Normally I’d agree but it’s Aaron Rodgers so it’s worth a shot. Saleh and Douglas were never doing jack sh*t here either.

• Post of the Week 1

He’s making 10 million dollars this season . It’s the only take. 
He's coming off an ACL, on a new team in a new offense ... You're surprised that he's not running Aaron's secret routes yet ? That like baking the perfect cake and having Crusher sit on it before eating it because the candle wasn't lit yet.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

5 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

He's coming off an ACL, on a new team in a new offense ... You're surprised that he's not running Aaron's secret routes yet ? That like baking the perfect cake and having Crusher sit on it before eating it because the candle wasn't lit yet.

He doesn’t know the plays! He dropped two passes before that too.

10 million dollars. Figure it the **** out. 

29 minutes ago, Ghost said:

100% should be accountable. But is that what we're doing now? Trading every guy that makes a mistake.

We'd have 0 players if that's the case. As would every NFL team

• Sympathy 1

Just now, Matt39 said:

He doesn’t know the plays! He dropped two passes before that too.

10 million dollars. Figure it the **** out. 

I’m guessing that rodgers hasn’t been happy with MW for a while and used that one play as the proverbial ‘straw’.  Also, i assume if rodgers rightfully thinks this may be his last real chance this season, he’s going to to down with his favorite wr.  Not saying it’s all right or wrong, but that’s what i think is happening.

in the end, we’re 2-4, the hc was fired, the OC was demoted, and this may well be rodgers’ last season in the nfl.  Or not.  We’re also one win away from having the worst record in the nfl and possibly looking at another qb rebuild.  

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, BroadwayRay said:

Cimini and Costello both implied in their reporting today that there might be some resentment building in the Jets locker room about how much focus Rodgers places on “his guys.”

Cimini and Costello. Dumb and Dumber.

• Upvote 2

I’m guessing that rodgers hasn’t been happy with MW for a while and used that one play as the proverbial ‘straw’.  Also, i assume if rodgers rightfully thinks this may be his last real chance this season, he’s going to to down with his favorite wr.  Not saying it’s all right or wrong, but that’s what i think is happening.
in the end, we’re 2-4, the hc was fired, the OC was demoted, and this may well be rodgers’ last season in the nfl.  Or not.  We’re also one win away from having the worst record in the nfl and possibly looking at another qb rebuild.  
This is possible I guess.

53 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Woody: Welp, I can't find a good GM or coach to run things, let's just let the malcontent QB run the show going forward!

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

Does this rule also apply to a QB who throws a pick-6 to a linebacker who’s standing five feet in front of him?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

He picked up a ton of yardage from yards after the catch, and that’s only because the middle of the Bill’s defense is absolutely terrible.

Here I was thinking that hitting a receiver in stride and YAC was a good thing after not having seen that here for years.  I also thought that attacking the other teams weak spot was one of the objectives of football.  Who knew that this was a negative. 

• Upvote 1
  • En Fuego 1

10 hours ago, BroadwayRay said:

Someone posted a stat here that Wilson has the most targets in the league so far this year.  I guess that makes him one of Rodgers guys, which I guess is a good thing.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

29 minutes ago, Green DNA said:

Here I was thinking that hitting a receiver in stride and YAC was a good thing after not having seen that here for years.  I also thought that attacking the other teams weak spot was one of the objectives of football.  Who knew that this was a negative. 

It is a good thing. It’s not a negative. It’s also not a case where he is universally “hitting them in stride”. 

The inevitable debate was going to be “look at his stats”, so I was preempting that line of reasoning. His receivers did a lot of work for him. He was rather ordinary, regardless of whether we’ve had that kind of play here in a while.

Rodgers is basic. Nothing he’s doing elevates the team to wins or inspires confidence.

The fact that fans are splitting hairs over who to blame for a desperation heave that puts us in the red zone where Rodgers had already gone 1/4 or whatever should make this evident to everyone. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Who are his guys? Lazard? He’s the only one. 

It’s not just Lazard.  Rodgers is getting on with hall and Wilson.  Funny how Lazard was suddenly rejuvenated when Rodgers came back.  And Wilson started out slow but ow is making some great catches.  I think if Rodgers leveled any criticism at Williams it’s more because he wants to win and Williams didn’t run his route correctly. Had he caught the ball the games outcome might’ve been different.  And remember Williams came here after being one of the lead guys on the chargers.  He has to earn his chops with the jets.  I think Williams will come back strong.

And over the past few seasons just who was holding players accountable. Saleh?  The kicker just cost them a game and that’s two already this season.  But the word is he’s a fine kicker?  He might be fine person but two games is a lot to lose.  There needs to be accountability and it sounds like Rodgers is calling the players out.  Not such a bad thing especially if the coaches don’t.

• Upvote 1

shipping him out just because he's in Rodgers' doghouse seems counterproductive. I saw someone here make a point about having too many guys who don't play specials at WR, so maybe that's a factor but it seems silly to erase depth in the "all in year" 

• Upvote 1

Sick Kid? Personal means personal, who knows really

Look MW was shatty last game and he may be trying to get back his confidence in his knee. ok I'll give him that but the mental side of his game seems to be not where it needs to be. He can still have a role here in this offense if we know how to use him. He is the third best WR on the roster NOT 4th. Lazard is not better than MW.

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Normally I’d agree but it’s Aaron Rodgers so it’s worth a shot. Saleh and Douglas were never doing jack sh*t here either.

The Jets wouldn’t have been in this mess if JD and Salad showed one shred of competence over the 3/3.5 years respectively that they ran the team before the AR trade.