Three tidbits from Cimini’s pod yesterday

I know, I know. It’s fake news. He hates the Jets and the Jets are actually good and well run. So save yourself the time and stop reading. But he floated a few things he thinks he sees, one of which turned out to be true already:

1. Rodgers has been heroically nursing a hamstring. Team confirmed as much today. 

2. Cimini was asked about the young players choosing to walk away from the team because it sucks. He said Sauce and Hall will likely re-sign, but there’s a good possibility Garrett Wilson gets himself traded. Said that Wilson has been “frustrated” and generally unhappy. 

3. Rodgers is “most likely” gone after the season. Says that Rodgers is prideful, and the injuries and mediocre play will convince him to retire.

4. Kind of an allusion, but said that there’s a lot of unhappiness/disenchantment in the locker room. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Ugh 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I1. Rodgers has been heroically nursing a hamstring. Team confirmed as much today. 

Makes sense and his play shows that. Minnesota almost ended his season/career on that one hit.

2. Cimini was asked about the young players choosing to walk away from the team because it sucks. He said Sauce and Hall will likely re-sign, but there’s a good possibility Garrett Wilson gets himself traded. Said that Wilson has been “frustrated” and generally unhappy. 

GW5 is very good but not a true 1. I do hope we can keep him but not for Justin Jefferson $

3. Rodgers is “most likely” gone after the season. Says that Rodgers is prideful, and the injuries and mediocre play will convince him to retire.

Probably what’s best if this happens. Cap geniuses….what does his retirement do to us financially?

4 minutes ago, Pac said:

So the locker room is kind of unhappy about being 2-5? 

Look out Woodward, Cimini is dropping nuggets all over the place. 

Also reported that the players are livid about the loquacious internet chiseler that's been dooming them with his extraordinary jinxing powers every week. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Pac said:

So the locker room is kind of unhappy about being 2-5? 

Look out Woodward, Cimini is dropping nuggets all over the place. 

The reason I posted this is because Cimini was presenting this as things he thinks is going on, but today the team confirms that Rodgers is dealing with a hamstring and multiple leg injuries. So if Cimini was on the ball with that one, does he have inside info on the rest? 

Sauce is going to become the highest-paid cornerback in NFL history with a whopping two career interceptions in 41 games. I'm all for capitalism, but redistributing Woody’s wealth to the Jets fanbase feels like it might be the one exception worth making.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

The reason I posted this is because Cimini was presenting this as things he thinks is going on, but today the team confirms that Rodgers is dealing with a hamstring and multiple leg injuries. So if Cimini was on the ball with that one, does he have inside info on the rest? 

That part is true because it proves Rodgers is a warrior whose only weakness is how much he loves the Jets. Anything about how the team is a cesspool operated by incompetents and pissbabies is obviously false

• Haha 3

With Garrett Wilson potentially walking or demanding a trade, it really all depends on what he's looking for. If he's looking for that true WR1, $28mil+ territory, I don't know how that's justified as of today. He's had just as many mistakes as he's had big plays this year. I would like to see all of the top 4 of the 2022 draft class get re-signed.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Also reported that the players are livid about the loquacious internet chiseler that's been dooming them with his extraordinary jinxing powers every week. 

I thought Joe W was banned? 

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

So after the Broncos rag dolled him for 3 hours and the Vikings turned him into a contortionist you thought he was fine? 

12 minutes ago, Lith said:

I think everything he says is pretty obvious to anyone watching the team.  Rodgers moved well in the NE game, which was probably his best game as a Jet.  Got the crap knocked out of him by Denver -- was limping late in that game.  Went down and surprisingly didn't miss any snaps against Vikings.  He has been immobile last few games.  No surprise that he is hurt.

As to the other comments - speculating that a 40 year old may retire after a lousy season in which he is getting beat up physically is not exactly going out on a limb.  Neither is saying that players are unhappy -- team was expected to be pretty good and they are in the midst of a 4-game losing streak and are pretty much on the cusp of elimination from the playoff hunt in October. 

As fans - we may be used to that after decades following the team, but the players are probably shocked to have seen it all fall apart so quickly.

Sure, but I thought the most eyebrow-raising piece was offering that a Garrett Wilson trade rumor has some legs. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Pac said:

So after the Broncos rag dolled him for 3 hours and the Vikings turned him into a contortionist you thought he was fine? 

His leg hurts because he rushed back from an Achilles and has been running around on it like he’s 26.

41 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

there’s a good possibility Garrett Wilson gets himself traded. Said that Wilson has been “frustrated” and generally unhappy. 

Knew it the second he walked out in that pearl necklace at the draft, never seen a happy man wear a pearl necklace. 

Not that there's anything wrong with it.

• Haha 3

Just now, T0mShane said:

His leg hurts because he rushed back from an Achilles and has been running around on it like he’s 26.

Yeah nothing to do with the limbo contest against the Vikings. 

Extra Extra Read All About It:  Aarons leg hurts after multiple beatings and the locker room not happy about being 2-5.

I knew there was a reason the rest of the beat calls Cimini, "pulitzer". 

Funny how different people focus on different things when listening. The things that stuck out the most to me were:

1: Rodgers was consoling GW after the game with a hug - he was beside himself for his crappy play.

2. They are a roster but not a 'team.' 

3. Doesn't blame Brick - tough position to put him in.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Sure, but I thought the most eyebrow-raising piece was offering that a Garrett Wilson trade rumor has some legs. 

Agreed -- that and his reporting that Sauce and Hall likely to re-sign were the only items he reported that are not obvious from watching the team.   Although I think you can argue that something is going on with Garrett from watching him. 

• Upvote 1

In regards to Wilsons future. I think it all depends who the next HC is. And of course, QB. 
But if you some how get a guy like Ben Johnson - I think he would be more inclined to stay. 
Hire Vance Joseph? Well - yeah, see ya lol.
Welcome to the land of the franchise tag

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Lith said:

Agreed -- that and his reporting that Sauce and Hall likely to re-sign were the only items he reported that are not obvious from watching the team.   Although I think you can argue that something is going on with Garrett from watching him. 

Pretty sure the Jets have snatched his soul. 

Ya know, like when the Monstars in Space Jam took all the talent out from the NBA players.

Pretty much the same thing.

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

We’ve all known he’s had a hurt hamstring since Minnesota 

46 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Garrett Wilson being unhappy doesn't feel like something you need inside sauces to confirm.

• Haha 1