Tracing Your Jet Roots

Johnnybones

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who is the earliest QB you can distinctly remember? I turn 25 on Sunday and the guy I have earliest memories of is

obrien.jpg

The GREAT Kenny O'Brien

The thought of Ken O'Brien makes my knees buckle. Hehehe. He got a bad rap in some ways. We used to have his yearbook photo cut out, 2" x 2" or something, with his front teeth overlapping, wedged into the corner of our medicine cabinet. He looked confused. Every morning when we'd brush our teeth we'd say, "Blitz!" We had that up for years. True story.

My earliest is Joe Namath. Richard Todd. Ken O'Brien. As to backups, Pat Ryan (:)). He always looked like a stuttering b*stard for some reason.

to88.jpg

"There was a little girl who had a little curl,

Right in the middle of her forehead

When she was good she was very, very good!

When she was bad, she was horrid."

Remember when some fans set the seats on fire? Signs that said, "Richard and Walt, it's all your fault!" Pandemonium.

We always got to LOOK UP to the drunks, as opposed to LOOKING DOWN. Har. Not stellar moments, of course. And who can forget Todd's "turf toe", incurred in his very own livingroom?! HolyJesusGod.

I feel sassy. Make way. Hehehe.

Well I just turned 18 so the first one I distinctly remember is Vinny T, but I do remember a bit of Boomer Esiason and Neil O'Donnell, and...dare I say it...Bubby Brister?

Dude, we're the same age if you don't remember Boomer, Neil & BUBBY then I don't know about you anymore.:P

It was all about Bubby on Xmas Eve 95 against the Saints.

I would have to say............

New England 56

New York Jets 3

Seriously, that is the first game I remember being a Patriots fan. Of course, that was the watershed moment for the first 22 years I was a Patriots' fan.

I would have to say............

New England 56

New York Jets 3

Seriously, that is the first game I remember being a Patriots fan. Of course, that was the watershed moment for the first 22 years I was a Patriots' fan.

How about that awsome QB Hogeboom? Remember that piece of S- - -t?

Being just over 40, I still have faint (and unfortunately growing fainter as I get older) memories of Dad bringing me to Shea to watch Joe Willy who he described as the best QB ever. To my delight I can now return the favor, bringing my Dad to every home game with my season tickets. Most of my clearer memories are the cast of characters that came later, ugh. Always loved O'Brien though, and still believe he could've been special with better coaching and line play...

Archived