Brett Favre Is A Viking: MERGED

jaspegs

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9922912/The-vibe-at-Vikings-camp:-Favre-could-come-back

During my two days in Mankato, nearly everyone I talked to within the team talked about Favre joining not as an "if" but rather a "when."

Players, coaches, team employees ... you name it, they seem to believe it. The case for a Favre-Vikings marriage seems more likely than not when we look at the overall picture of clues.

Exhibit A) Acceptance within the team that it's pretty much already done.

When I say nearly everyone I talked to on the team is convinced he's coming, that is not an exaggeration. People from all walks of life within the organization talk about it as if it's no secret, almost an afterthought.

"I'm telling you it's already done," said one Viking. "Right after the Indy game (first preseason game). I don't think anyone here doesn't think that."

There's more at the link.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope he comes back...it will make for good comedy. My biggest fear was that he would come back and participate fully in training camp because that was the only chance he had to be a winning factor on the team. Now that it looks like that he is trying to avoid training camp and still come back....that's just going to be a disaster....I love it!

Oh, God, already. At least Testaverde was sitting on his livingroom couch eating chips and not making a purposeful spectacle of himself. He left that to everyone else, more or less.

It almost makes you wonder if Favre is doing this for parody's sake at this point - because it certainly is ridiculous.

WHAT??????

SHOCKED, I tell ya!

SHOCKED!! :shock:

Favre is coming out of retirement?????

he never changes his mind!

i cant believe he didnt want to be in TC in the dorms??? he isnt a team player?? selfish?? what a shock.

so out of character for brett!

:P

LOL! I said it the last few years with the Pack, I said it when he signed with the Jets and I'll say it now: Brett Favre is a huge piece of selfish sh*t. I hope he fails miserably and sets a record for most pick 6's in a season....that 'aint much of a stretch either.

Despite all the hostility over his tired act and his deliberately missing most of training camp, he is clearly better than Sage Rosenfels or Tavaris Jackson, and may do very well with the Vikings. He did get us to 8-3 before the arm got injured.

I think its BS that he missed half of camp, and the players should feel that way too.

But the man loves to play football, and he's an upgrade for them at QB. So more power to him.

I think its more the medias fault then his that everybody is so sick of this. The media jokes about not wanting to hear about him and yet its all they talk about. The second Vick is signed and becomes a non story, POOF they begin their Favre Saga, I mean its not that hard to see.

Archived