Matt Simms is still the best QB on the roster IMO

CobraVerde

im still rooting for him. Im pretty sure he'll beat everyone during training camp and preseason and will be the clear choice again but politics and the GMs hard on for his draft pick will prevent him from making the team. They had better veteran leadership with Mark Brunnell. If Vick was any kind of a leader he's still be playing for Philly. I think it's another splash signing typical of the Jets organization trying to get fans and media off of their back till draft day comes and they decide to give up all their picks to go after Johnny Manziel. You dont' think it could happen?? if not, you dont know this team at all...

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im still rooting for him. Im pretty sure he'll beat everyone during training camp and preseason and will be the clear choice again but politics and the GMs hard on for his draft pick will prevent him from making the team. They had better veteran leadership with Mark Brunnell. If Vick was any kind of a leader he's still be playing for Philly. I think it's another splash signing typical of the Jets organization trying to get fans and media off of their back till draft day comes and they decide to give up all their picks to go after Johnny Manziel. You dont' think it could happen?? if not, you dont know this team at all...

Sound like an idiot... or crazy....hence your name.. best qb? Matt Simms?  lol

based on what? preseason vs scrubs or in season with big deficit again vs scrubs, LOL

Sound like an idiot... or crazy....hence your name.. best qb? Matt Simms?  lol

We'll see. you all act like you are sons of Nostradamus. all of you are puppets. goats with their heads in the guillotine while being distracted with a carrot. anything they throw at you, you swallow it gladly. if Geno succeeds we all win, and what youre gonna dangle that sh*t in my face like an idiot? Im not buying him like i bought into every QB we've been putting through the grinder on this thing. Like you i saw a QB that id like to see more of. Youre gonna use genos rookie year of "success" as proof he should remain starter? gtfo. 

Next year the Bengals will sign him and soon after he'll retire. 

How can Simms not be the best QB on the roster? You all witnessed the unfathomable talent he unleashed during preseason against Philly's 3rd stringers. That type of greatness comes along once in a life time. The stupid refs wouldn't put more time on the clock against the Dolphins after Geno was benched, otherwise it would have been the greatest come back since the Monday Night Miracle!

If Simms had played marginally better, he would be able to claim he is the best option. The Jets set a new season low in the passing game with 79 yards divided between Smith (29) and Simms (50).

Simms also threw an interception and was credited with a fumble after a miscue between him and Bilal Powell

based on what? preseason vs scrubs or in season with big deficit again vs scrubs, LOL

We don't know either way because despite having the best arm of any QB the Jets have ever had spare Testaverde Wrecks did not give Simms a full week with the #1s nor a start or 2. Instead they went out and won 2 bum fights and now act like they actually won something that matters. Also good job dropping a bunch of draft slots with said pointless wins. I would never root for them to lose,but let's be honest here. December should have been about finding out if you can catch lightning in a bottle with Simms. Instead they decided to put lipstick on a pig of a season.

Smith is not and will never be an NFL QB.

Vick is funding his retirement here and can no longer run the way he did.And basically Woody Johnson's Jets have become the last stop for washed up QBs in need of a payday or 2 on the way out.

Both are turnover machines. Good luck with that. Wrecks will have them running the wishbone by October.

That this team failed to find out about Simms in several pointless games last December is criminal mismanagement. Topped only by the news that the Raiders got Schaub for a wad of bubblegum and used tape while the Jets overpaid Vick.

We don't know either way because despite having the best arm of any QB the Jets have ever had spare Testaverde Wrecks did not give Simms a full week with the #1s nor a start or 2. Instead they went out and won 2 bum fights and now act like they actually won something that matters. Also good job dropping a bunch of draft slots with said pointless wins. I would never root for them to lose,but let's be honest here. December should have been about finding out if you can catch lightning in a bottle with Simms. Instead they decided to put lipstick on a pig of a season.

Vick is funding his retirement here and can no longer run the way he did.And basically Woody Johnson's Jets have become the last stop for washed up QBs in need of a payday or 2 on the way out.

Both are turnover machines. Good luck with that. Wrecks will have them running the wishbone by October.

That this team failed to find out about Simms in several pointless games last December is criminal mismanagement. Topped only by the news that the Raiders got Schaub for a wad of bubblegum and used tape while the Jets overpaid Vick.

Agreed.

Why dismiss the idea of Simms being good? Typical jets fan mentality (of which I'm guilty too).. If pats steelers or anyone else plugs in a late round pick as a starter , their genius.

If we do it.. We suck and are desperate.

3rd string w a great attitude and some upside and cheap. I hope he stays.

so u go from we dont know to he is best,,,, smh

so u go from we dont know to he is best,,,, smh

No. Merely we don't know because when we had the perfect opportunity to find out in real NFL games this idiot HC and FO decided not to out of....I really can think of  no sensible explanation for such stupidity.

No. Merely we don't know because when we had the perfect opportunity to find out in real NFL games this idiot HC and FO decided not to out of....I really can think of  no sensible explanation for such stupidity.

my mistake, u werent original poster, ,my comment was to him/her making blanket statement,, 

I still wish Matt Simms were given more of a chance last year.  I hope he remains on the roster.  I do think he's tough and has a good arm (and obviously outstanding pedigree).  I don't think it's a crazy idea to say he could - at least potentially - be the best QB on our roster. 

For the skeptics out there, Kurt Warner was a nobody when he got a chance w/ the Rams years ago. 

I still wish Matt Simms were given more of a chance last year.  I hope he remains on the roster.  I do think he's tough and has a good arm (and obviously outstanding pedigree).  I don't think it's a crazy idea to say he could - at least potentially - be the best QB on our roster. 

For the skeptics out there, Kurt Warner was a nobody when he got a chance w/ the Rams years ago. 

Geno/Vick and winner of Matt Simms and 'QB we draft in Round 6 or 7 or UDFA'..I think we draft late or acquire via UDFA Bryn Renner,, 

Archived