The INT at the end of first half lost this game. Completely reversed momentum.

CTM

I believe it was Sudfield wide open down the sideline. Jets driving to go up 28-9. Geno gets hit as he throws, releases a flutter ball and instead of 1st and goal or a TD, it' Packers ball w/all the momentum against a tired defense. And the crowd is back into it. Said it at the time it happened, but that was the shot they never recovered from.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree 100%....Sudfeld sucks though he's 6-7 he's gotta at least break that up he didn't compete at all

Yeah, he should've made more of an effort.. Decker too has a bad habit of waiting for the ball to get to him

That play cpletely changed the momentum when we had our foot on their throat. Idiotic call

I wouldn't say the play-calling was idiotic.  The receiver was wide open and a clean throw is likely a TD.  The hit on Geno is what ruined the play.

I believe it was Sudfield wide open down the sideline. Jets driving to go up 28-9. Geno gets hit as he throws, releases a flutter ball and instead of 1st and goal or a TD, it' Packers ball w/all the momentum against a tired defense. And the crowd is back into it. Said it at the time it happened, but that was the shot they never recovered from.

Yeah but if the D doesn't go into prevent and let Packers march 97 yards in 90 seconds......

Woulda, coulda, shoulda

Disagree completely. Interceptions happen sometimes.

What's not supposed to happen is a Top 5 NFL Rex Ryan Defense letting the Packers go 97 yards in 1:45 to effectively win the game. We are not built to win games 34-31. Ground-And-Pound and a Dominant Defense, remember? If a team is built to win on controlling the ball on the ground and shutting down opposing offenses, a 21-3 lead should stick like glue.

SAR I

I wouldn't say the play-calling was idiotic.  The receiver was wide open and a clean throw is likely a TD.  The hit on Geno is what ruined the play.

Under the circumstances you pretty much have 3 points and maybe 7, plus you can kill the clock. At that point you can go in up by either 15 or 19 points plus the ball to start the 2nd half. If you really must throw it down the sideline, Sudfeld should not be the receiver. It was a major turning point, although allowing the Pack to go 97 yards didn't help things

Momentum had already been lost by that point, as the Jets O had stalled, and the Pack had scored three times in a row unanswered.

The D needed in that spot to pick up their guy and hold.  They failed, badly, and allowed a VERY long drive for a TD.

Turnover Geno remains a problem, but this INT was a tough one, hit mid-throw the way he was (snapped in half).

The O was horrible in the second half, no excuses, but the D (and especially the pass D, i.e. D-backs) were attrocious, as expected, and Discount Doublecheck torched us as an All-Pro QB can.

Their QB was better (vs. our D-backs) than our D-line (vs. their O-Line), and so we lost.  Really that simple.

What's not supposed to happen is a Top 5 NFL Rex Ryan Defense letting the Packers go 97 yards in 1:45 to effectively win the game. We are not built to win games 34-31. Ground-And-Pound and a Dominant Defense, remember? If a team is built to win on controlling the ball on the ground and shutting down opposing offenses, a 21-3 lead should stick like glue.

SAR I

Everyone knew going into this game it was all about Rodgers/GB WR's vs. the Jets secondary.  There was an obvious mismatch and it showed.  Nobody expected that to be different.  The offense needed to keep sustaining drives and coming away with points.  After that fast start they couldnt move the ball.  That was the difference. 

Cant expect to shut down Aaron Rodgers with 10 days to prepare for his home opener after getting throttled on opening night.  Rodgers is just the type of QB to expose the Jets weaknesses on D.

SAR I

Thank you. They went 97 YARDS!!! Our defense should have been able to shut them down. It was not momentum, it was rotten defense. If they had intercepted on our 20 I might be inclined to agree, but they did not. Their field position was atrocious.

If Geno got that throw off the ball would have hit Sudfeld in the back corner. It lost a LOT of velocity and Sud had his guy beat by a few steps, that's why the defender was in great position to catch the flutter ball and Sud wasn't close enough to disrupt it.

That being said. The defense allowed the 97 yard drive before the half, not Geno.

Everyone knew going into this game it was all about Rodgers/GB WR's vs. the Jets secondary.  There was an obvious mismatch and it showed.  Nobody expected that to be different.  The offense needed to keep sustaining drives and coming away with points.  After that fast start they couldnt move the ball.  That was the difference. 

Cant expect to shut down Aaron Rodgers with 10 days to prepare for his home opener after getting throttled on opening night.  Rodgers is just the type of QB to expose the Jets weaknesses on D.

Agree with everything you say, but that was my point of view before the game.

Once we made some nice plays and took advantage of circumstances and built a 21-3 lead nearing the half, the expectations changed. The areas of supposed strength (ground game, front seven, coaching) should have had enough cushion with that score to make it stick.

SAR I

Prevent Defense, it amazes me how a team coached by Rex the fiery defensive genius who everyone wants to play for consistently lacks a killer instinct….Rodgers looked like he was out there vs. the University of Idaho on that 2 minute drive.  

GB just showed the Bears and everyone we play how to beat us

Stop the run so we have to win with Geno ...rattle him a few times and then mistakes start happen

Spread the jet defense and go no huddle

Gonna be a long season

No huddle, spread offense has been how to beat Rex's D all along. Nothing new was learned today, teams already know this, the key for them is to solve pass protection vs. Rex, all they need to do is buy the QB an extra fraction of a second, and they pick Rex D's apart.

Prevent Defense, it amazes me how a team coached by Rex the fiery defensive genius who everyone wants to play for consistently lacks a killer instinct….Rodgers looked like he was out there vs. the University of Idaho on that 2 minute drive.  

When it was 21-3 I turned to my wife, who looked happy for me, and said "Rex is afraid of having a lead, he's going to go conservative and they are going to **** this up completely."

When it was 21-3 I turned to my wife, who looked happy for me, and said "Rex is afraid of having a lead, he's going to go conservative and they are going to **** this up completely."

At no point was I confident, matter of fact, as the lead grew the more nervous I became.  Such a piss poor performance, so disappointing.

100% agree.

Ugh....I know the Jets weren't supposed to win but this one hurts. Just brutal.

SAR I

Meh, thats one of the best QB's in football, at home, and just got a huge shot of momentum.

Seattle's defense is all the rage lately, how'd they do against Rivers

Archived