I want ____ as GM and ____ as HC for the Jets.

oxscott

Play Woody (Johnson) and assemble your own dream team that will propel the Jets back into the playoffs.

My team:

GM

Scott Pioli

I want some one that has a proven track record with assembling winning teams.  Pioli's experience with the Pats and the Chiefs gives him the solid experience that the Jets need.  The Chiefs still had a very solid roster under Pioli with some unforseen (off the field) events and injuries that kept them down - but still a very good core of players.

Head Coach

David Shaw

Shaw is a rising star and has had some tremendous mentors in Harbaugh and Billick.  Coaching experience in the NFL with the Ravens under Billick and also having the experience of running a team (while being very succesful) at Stanford.  Shaw being a very well respected coach by the players, he will immedietly gain the respect of the locker room and smooth that transistion with a new found excitement and optimism.

Side note for OC.

Marc Trestman would be a tremendous fit as an OC with his ability to develop QB's - especially if Geno is going to be around for the near future (atleast another year on the roster).  He has also proven that he can bring in a journeyman QB and get production in his system.  While he was not well-suited for the HC position, I believe if you put him back in the OC spot, he will flourish.  (if for no other reason, his daughter will be on the sidelines! Helllllllooooooo)

This scenerio gives Shaw a very solid leadership group that has had success in their expert niche of the game.

Chalk it up.  Championship!

Shaw is an offensive guy, would not bring in Trestman who has his own system.  I want  a HC who has great knowledge of both sides of ball, doesn't need to rely on coordinators who leave for HC positions when team is successful.  Belly has had a slew of different DC's and OC's leave and the Patriots never miss a a beat.  Elliot Wolf sounds intriguing because he is young and has good pedigree but sons are rarely as good as their hall of fame type fathers.  My hope would be for deCosta from Baltimore, pay him a bunch and get his to stop waiting for Ozzy to retire.  Then let him hire a coach.

Play Woody (Johnson) and assemble your own dream team that will propel the Jets back into the playoffs.

My team:

GM

Scott Pioli

I want some one that has a proven track record with assembling winning teams.  Pioli's experience with the Pats and the Chiefs gives him the solid experience that the Jets need.  The Chiefs still had a very solid roster under Pioli with some unforseen (off the field) events and injuries that kept them down - but still a very good core of players.

Head Coach

David Shaw

Shaw is a rising star and has had some tremendous mentors in Harbaugh and Billick.  Coaching experience in the NFL with the Ravens under Billick and also having the experience of running a team (while being very succesful) at Stanford.  Shaw being a very well respected coach by the players, he will immedietly gain the respect of the locker room and smooth that transistion with a new found excitement and optimism.

Side note for OC.

Marc Trestman would be a tremendous fit as an OC with his ability to develop QB's - especially if Geno is going to be around for the near future (atleast another year on the roster).  He has also proven that he can bring in a journeyman QB and get production in his system.  While he was not well-suited for the HC position, I believe if you put him back in the OC spot, he will flourish.  (if for no other reason, his daughter will be on the sidelines! Helllllllooooooo)

This scenerio gives Shaw a very solid leadership group that has had success in their expert niche of the game.

Chalk it up.  Championship!

I agree and have proposed the duo you suggest a few times. Trestman (and his hottie daughter) would be welcome also. I don't blame Trestman for Cutler's poor season. No blocking and injuries to his top WR's hurt, but Cutler's attitude just seems bad. 

I just want the most qualified person available for both jobs.

That said, I do know some people that I don't want in the job, some of whom have been mentioned in this thread.  I certainly don't want to see Scott Pioli involved with the Jets in any capacity moving forward.

Archived