Fans in Attendance Yesterday

BallinPB

Not sure if this was mentioned already but I was at the game yesterday and it was probably the loudest it has been in a very long time.  I try to go a couple games each year and have been to a few home openers.  The energy in the building was awesome.  It wore away as the game went on mostly due to injuries.  I think Fireman Ed back in his role also played a key part.  I just thought it was worth mentioning.

Was there, decent crowd, but more empty seats than you would normally see for opening day.  Those in attendance were loud.  Think the fact that the Offense put up points and the D created turnovers had more to do with the noise.  Parking was an abortion for us commoners who park near the arena. 

Was there, decent crowd, but more empty seats than you would normally see for opening day.  Those in attendance were loud.  Think the fact that the Offense put up points and the D created turnovers had more to do with the noise.  Parking was an abortion for us commoners who park near the arena. 

Those empty seats that people see in the middle of the field are for the coaches club.  Probably because the fan is down in the club stuffing their face and not in their seat.  That's why we see alot of empty seats in the middle of the field.  If that's what you are referring to of course.  

TV showed the crowd with 5;17 left in the game the place looked half empty. 

A lot of people left at about 7:00 in the 4th qtr when the deal was sealed.  Then it was also beginning to rain. 

There were more empty seats than I can ever remember for an opening day.  The two seats in front of us and two to our right were unoccupied.  We are talking about Lowers on the 30 too.  Huge portions of many sections in the uppers were vacant.  The Mezz clubs were, as usual, well under 50% filled, in fact it looked like about 75% empty.. and of course the Coaches Club, directly across from my seats, was more than half empty too.  Overall, very sad.

A lot of people left at about 7:00 in the 4th qtr when the deal was sealed.  Then it was also beginning to rain. 

There were more empty seats than I can ever remember for an opening day.  The two seats in front of us and two to our right were unoccupied.  We are talking about Lowers on the 30 too.  Huge portions of many sections in the uppers were vacant.  The Mezz clubs were, as usual, well under 50% filled, in fact it looked like about 75% empty.. and of course the Coaches Club, directly across from my seats, was more than half empty too.  Overall, very sad.

Agreed, a lot of empty seats.

It was a very important religious holiday for a significant portion of our fanbase, that's the reason for the abundance of empty seats.  I'll stick to that theory until proven otherwise, we'll see what the Eagles crowd looks like.

SAR I

It was a very important religious holiday for a significant portion of our fanbase, that's the reason for the abundance of empty seats.  I'll stick to that theory until proven otherwise, we'll see what the Eagles crowd looks like.

SAR I

SAR I do you have breakdown of the religious beliefs of Jets fans or season ticket holders id be interested in seeing that in pie chart form. Thanks 

SAR I

we have had games on that Holiday throughout the years and the building has been full.  it's much more than the Holiday.

SAR I

Eagles game is a terrible barometer.  There will be tons of Iggles fans in the building.  Happens every time we play them at home.  They snatch up tickets for sale here like there's no tomorrow.  Very Ravens-like or Steelers-like group of fans only they live a hell of a lot closer.  Most of South Jersey are Eagle fans.  

SAR I

There will be the same amount of Jets fans at the Eagles game, but the empty seats will be filled with people rooting for the other team.   Come to think of it, there may be fewer actual Jets fans at that game.  Regardless, place will be filled.  The Eagles are more popular in the state of New Jersey than the Jets.

SAR I do you have breakdown of the religious beliefs of Jets fans or season ticket holders id be interested in seeing that in pie chart form. Thanks 

There are 1.1M people of Jewish faith in NYC alone, that's roughly 15% of the population of the City. 

There are 2.6M people of white ethnicity in NYC per census information, meaning that Jews make up 42% of those who declare themselves white in NYC.

Add to it another several hundred thousand from the suburbs and factor in the overall racial mix of MetLife Stadium and I'd estimate that about 30% to 40% of the NYJ season ticket fanbase is of Jewish ethnicity.  So if we were, say, 8,000 people short of a sellout yesterday with a very enthusiastic crowd, yeah, I'd say it was because of the High Holidays.

The Giants and the Jets both petition the league each year to not have a home game on Rosh Hashanna or Yom Kippur:

http://www.tabletmag.com/scroll/190597/giants-geoff-schwartz-to-play-on-rosh-hashanah

SAR I

There will be the same amount of Jets fans at the Eagles game, but the empty seats will be filled with people rooting for the other team.   Come to think of it, there may be fewer actual Jets fans at that game.  Regardless, place will be filled.  The Eagles are more popular in the state of New Jersey than the Jets.

rich-guy.jpg

Oh my, I'm going to list my 2 open seats for the Eagles game at 3X face value on StubHub pronto.

PSL Gold.

SAR I

That dump is not ever really going to be "loud" until the day it's blown up to build the next one.  Not built for sound at all. Built only to suit the wants of Woody and the Maras.

Yeah, because what makes a stadium louder is to make it smaller.

The Jets and Giants built a stadium with 82,500 seats because that's what the market will allow.  The Jets are #1 in attendance in the AFC, #3 overall in the NFL.  Blow it up?  LOL.

SAR I

Yeah, because what makes a stadium louder is to make it smaller.

The Jets and Giants built a stadium with 82,500 seats because that's what the market will allow.  The Jets are #1 in attendance in the AFC, #3 overall in the NFL.  Blow it up?  LOL.

SAR I

what an exceptionally dumb thing to say. More people means more noise. Its not rocket science. Arrowhead is the same size and is much, much louder due to better acoustics (also fewer know-nothing snobs) Ever attended a game at Auburn? Ohio State? Michigan? Larger, louder stadiums.and yes, it will inevitably be blown up, just like all stadiums are. 

Those empty seats that people see in the middle of the field are for the coaches club.  Probably because the fan is down in the club stuffing their face and not in their seat.  That's why we see alot of empty seats in the middle of the field.  If that's what you are referring to of course.  

That's exactly what happens there. That and most of the people who sit there don't give a **** about the game.

what an exceptionally dumb thing to say. More people means more noise. Its not rocket science. Arrowhead is the same size and is much, much louder due to better acoustics (also fewer know-nothing snobs) Ever attended a game at Auburn? Ohio State? Michigan? Larger, louder stadiums.and yes, it will inevitably be blown up, just like all stadiums are. 

MetLife Stadium is only 5 years old.  By the time it is "blown up" you'll be dead so better spend your time enjoying the facility we have.

SAR I

Archived