Broken Leg For Wilkerson

Maxman

One has to wonder if it will bring his price tag down a little. He should be brought back, but I don't think he's as vital to the Jets defense as many others do. If they could take his money, replace him on the cheap and upgrade OLB or RT or another position of need, it has to be discussed. 

He got hurt?  I didn't realize he played today.biggest game of season and he once again fails to make a big play in a big spot. God forbid he get a sack in 1st half on a big 3rd down.  The elite d linemen make their impacts felt in these games.  Mo rarely does.  

He ain't worth jj watt type money.  

One has to wonder if it will bring his price tag down a little. He should be brought back, but I don't think he's as vital to the Jets defense as many others do. If they could take his money, replace him on the cheap and upgrade OLB or RT or another position of need, it has to be discussed. 

Even Sheldon said post game it's sad because this defense will be missing some guys next year..He's right

Well at least a clean break of a leg is often better than a ligament injury, as it can fully heal.  Hopefully that is the case here.

Regardless I think Wilkerson should get franchised.

Agree though that even before he injury he wasn't doing much today.  He's not a JJ Watt type for sure.

He got hurt?  I didn't realize he played today.biggest game of season and he once again fails to make a big play in a big spot. God forbid he get a sack in 1st half on a big 3rd down.  The elite d linemen make their impacts felt in these games.  Mo rarely does.  

How'd Mo play in last weeks must Win situation against NE?

How'd Mo play in last weeks must Win situation against NE?

3 tackles and 1 QB hit. Yeah, he's good/very good. I like having him, but he is not ELITE. That is the point. Elite players make elite plays in big games. 

Did he even get a tackle for loss today against back up RBs? Did he force Tyrod taylor to make a bad pass? Maybe I missed it, but I don't recall seeing Mo having an impact in the game. At least Snacks forced a fumble. 

First instinct is thank god just a broken leg but I think it was Leon Washington or something and it was worse than a knee it seemed. It basically ended his career. So prayers that this is an old school run of the mill broken leg and not some anomaly.

As a Jet yes but he played until 2014..

They guy gave it his all this season like he normally does. I hope this doesn't screw up his payday.

This is why players hold out because I'm any given play you never know how it will effect your future.

I hope it does screw up his payday. He's going to be more of a millionaire than he already is. I'd rather it just wasn't too much. We need lots of players.

JJ Watt aint worth JJ Watt money

he made some plays. wilkerson is one of the part of this team that shoudl be bitched about, he played pretty damn good football this season. bringing him back for huge deal? idk about that but he's a great player

true, I know Seattle for a bit but from what I remember never the same player. I just remember thinking how weird it was how much Leon lost or seemed to lose from just a broken leg. Just reminded me of that. 

In fairness, the bone came out on that one. 

Glad it is not a soft tissue injury, those are much worse to come back from.

Does anybody actually know if a broken leg ever completely heals 100% ?  Or how likely a full recovery is from an injury like that ?  I've torn a ligament in my ankle before and I know ligament tears are usually worse than broken bones....

Wilk was great all year and he was very impactful today prior.

This sounds like a tib/fib fracture - wide spectrum of how bad this could be.  He's not a RB like Leon was so I don't think it'll be as career altering.

Poor guy.   True pro who deserved a payday but as a Jets fan I want Mac to get the best players for the best price.  But I think we all feel for Mo.

I hope not. We don't need him

Sent from my Venue 8 7840 using Tapatalk

We don't need him? yeah right. He is the jets best defensive player. He plays the run well and had 12 of the 20 or so sacks that we had this year. He also seems to be a good guy and a leader on the defense. We absolutely need him and letting him walk would be a big mistake.

We don't need him? yeah right. He is the jets best defensive player. He plays the run well and had 12 of the 20 or so sacks that we had this year. He also seems to be a good guy and a leader on the defense. We absolutely need him and letting him walk would be a big mistake.

I'd rather have a guy like Vilma than Wilk.  He's pretty replaceable and doesn't make a huge difference when compared to other D linemen around the league.

I'd rather have a guy like Vilma than Wilk.  He's pretty replaceable and doesn't make a huge difference when compared to other D linemen around the league.

IMO he is one of the top D lineman in the league. How could you say he is replaceable when he has over half of the teams sacks and is stellar against the run? This team doesn't get enough sacks and you want to take away their top sack guy?

Archived