Chase Daniel or Drew Stanton = UFA

Richard318

Bring my choice-Chase Daniel or Drew Stanton or Matt Moore to compete with Fitzpatrick and cut Geno Smith---we know what Fitz is!... and its not good enough!! 

I DONT CARE ABOUT THE BS STATS--Fitz sux--OK?

First off your premise is wrong Fitz doesn't suck.  He broke the franchise record for TD passes; came within a hair of the passing yardage recoard; and won 10 games. 

Chase Daniel never had a chance to start--bring him in--like Fitz cant noisedive or get hurt in season 13?--come on Jets--dont count on him and Geno or the kid--I'm getting to old---I seen the last superbowl in 69-- I was 14--just one more time Jets--Fitz eats it--get a plan B please!

Chase Daniel never had a chance to start--bring him in--like Fitz cant noisedive or get hurt in season 13?--come on Jets--dont count on him and Geno or the kid--I'm getting to old---I seen the last superbowl in 69-- I was 14--just one more time Jets--Fitz eats it--get a plan B please!

I remember the last Super Bowl also!! How many more chances do we have??? But I don't think Fitz is as bad as you think he is!

Bring my choice-Chase Daniel or Drew Stanton or Matt Moore to compete with Fitzpatrick and cut Geno Smith---we know what Fitz is!... and its not good enough!! 

Yeah, because Daniel or Stanton is what has been missing here....GREAT IDEA!  When are you applying for a job with the front office?

What what what? I mean, I know Fitz is a barely average QB at best, but those that you mentioned? SMDH. 

When as a Jets fan you saw Joe Wille beat the Colts to win the Super Bowl in your teens or earlier, you know your running out of "next years".

So you become desperate to see one more championship, before the last call. You younger fans, 20 years or less, might have a difficult time grasping that fear.

Yet as much as I in that older group wish to see us get there, I

Personally don't wish anyone else scrub or cast offs.

Fitz did a hella of a job this year, an I say that as a fan who wanted to see what Geno could do. You can't argue that he was

Vinny like in many ways.

Yet this club needs a young gunslinger who we can develop, not sure if that's Geno after sitting and learning for a year. Maybe Petty who because of Fitz and Geno was not thrown to the wolves, and was given time to learn.

Fitz as good as he was this year is not a QB, you are going to build a long winning franchise with. He is a stop gap QB, a bet a good one, but we all must remember he was brought in as a backup and as we have seen from this year and his NFL history he is prone to injury.

So if we are going to trade for another QB, if the CS is not sure of what we have on the team already, he has to be a player with a big upside and young enough to stick around for the long haul. I know Villain will like this, a player like Glennon who even had starting experience.

The sooner we decide to go in this direction as opposed to keeping a older short term QB like Fritz, the sooner this team can be competitive year in and year out and be perennial playoff contenders.

It always gets me that people are looking at bringing in free agent QBs to unseat existing free agent QBs ... when in the past 30 years or so there's only been a handful of free agents that have actually won a Superbowl with their teams. In the 27 Superbowls since I started watching the game, I think there are only 5 times where the QB was not drafted by the team that won.

I'm not saying it can't happen, just that it's much less likely. 

So he never had a chance, therefore we should put our team in his hands?

You want to replace a decent to good starter with one of 3 pieces of hot garbage?

Look, sometimes I don't like what my wife makes for dinner.  But I don't go to the bathroom, take 3 big craps, and tell her to pick one cause we are eating that instead.

same crap I took when I told u saps Sanchez was a piece of syit --I know good QBs when I see one and Fitz blows vs good defenses and barely beats bad ones- --Bring Fitz back that's ok with me---BUT the Jets better have a "plan B" when Fitz sucks--which history tells us--he always does suck--it's a matter of time-that's why he's been cut from 7 teams  SAPS! ---same jerks that loved Sanchez make me laff lol-- and you the Lennon wanna be--I told you before--John Lennon hated "group think" a-holes like urself--so drop the avatar OK? ur a farce  

same crap I took when I told u saps Sanchez was a piece of syit --I know good QBs when I see one and Fitz blows vs good defenses and barely beats bad ones- --Bring Fitz back that's ok with me---BUT the Jets better have a "plan B" when Fitz sucks--which history tells us--he always does suck--it's a matter of time-that's why he's been cut from 7 teams  SAPS! ---same jerks that loved Sanchez make me laff lol-- and you the Lennon wanna be--I told you before--John Lennon hated "group think" a-holes like urself--so drop the avatar OK? ur a farce  

So, you know a good QB when you see one, and you want to try Stanton or Moore?

Lol. Read my posts about Fitz in other threads. I made the same point you're making here awhile ago - that they need to have a solid backup plan in place. Where I strongly differ is that Daniel, Stanton, or Moore is that plan. I'd rather they either struck gold in Petty, or find another QB in the draft this year. 

Chefs fans really like Chase and many think he is better than Smith. I would venture to say Chefs will lock him up

I think he's a fit for Reid's west coast offense.  We'd have to completely change our offense for him.  Donovan McNabb and Kevin Kolb became hot garbage once they left Philly

Matt Moore is probably worse than anybody thinks.  Either that or he/his family just like Miami.  He keeps taking fairly small short term contracts to stay there when he seems good enough to compete for jobs like the Jets, Browns and Texans.  Drew Stanton should have been our backup in 2012.  It is not 2012.

I never got a chance to start can you bring me in?  I'll even play for the league minimum.

and will lose out to Fitz just like the scrubs you want to bring in

Drew Stanton did a nice job in Arizona when Palmer went down. Beat some good teams, unlike fitz who just likes to pad his stats against weak teams and plays scared against good teams

Name those good teams.  Best team he beat was the Lions.  KC wasn't good neither were the Rams with Bradford out

Archived