### Jets \ Titans -- Preseason Is Here, Game Thread ###

Maxman

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Yes my post was a gentle reminder for him!! :) 

Fitz was throwing INTs like they were X-Mass candy and we are blaming Hack for playing a solid essentially mistake free game!!  

We are nuts... 

I really love my fellow Jets fans but we are a little crazy!!

He also carried on how Maccs 8 mil offer was offensive to Fitz and he might just get pissed and leave, lol

11 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Hack was 18/25. You know who else was 18/25 this weekend.  Trubisky.  And he was practically fellated by people on this board.  Watson was 15/25.  Kizer 11/18.  Just to put some perspective on things.

Well we did have a thread saying Hack had to be as good as those QBs otherwise, who knows what.

Hack also did a lot of his work against 1s and 2s without a run game

Hack has 3 weeks to learn how to successfully run an offense. I hope he accomplishes it but it doesn't look like he's ready. Putting zero points on the board isn't a good performance. Just because a Qb has a big arm doesn't mean he's going to be a big player. As a Jets fan I hope he makes it. 

We talk a lot about "how guys look" in terms of the sort of vibe they put off when they're on the field... I'm pretty confident the majority of us aren't body language experts, nor do we have any idea what it's like to stand on a football field like that...

But, I do think we all know when someone looks comfortable and when someone looks uncomfortable in life in general. If you're at a bar or a restaurant or grocery store I think we all have at least the most basic radar to seeing who looks out of place and uncomfortable and who makes it look like they want to be there. We can see the people who's body language looks off and uncomfortable and like they want to be anywhere else but there. We can see the people that are itchy and tense and a little spastic with their movements... 

We can see the people who are on a mission and ready for what comes, and the ones who are all thrown off, insecure, and look like they don't belong. 

And from everything I'm reading as well as a few of the pictures I've seen - Hack and a lot of the Jets out there tonight, looked like they were not overwhelmed. They looked focused and ready for the most part. They did not look like deer in the headlights. They were not over-matched. They did not look like teenage boys showing up at the playboy mansion. 

Can you read into that at all? No, probably not. Does that translate to anything? No, probably not.

But I at least feel slightly better tonight seeing a lot of these guys just look like they were ready to play and look like guys who look confident and poised on the field. They looked hungry and unafraid and for the most part comfortable.

Again, I know being comfortable doesn't translate to wins and success... But it's a step in the right direction. It's a small thing and who knows if it's real or if it'll last, but it was just really nice to see some confidence back there tonight. 

2 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Hack has 3 weeks to learn how to successfully run an offense. I hope he accomplishes it but it doesn't look like he's ready. Putting zero points on the board isn't a good performance. Just because a Qb has a big arm doesn't mean he's going to be a big player. As a Jets fan I hope he makes it. 

Relax. He wasn't even playing with the 1's. Would like to see him with the full offense instead of scrubs

10 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Todd Bowles acts like he won the Super Bowl. 

Come we have to be fair!

Bowles coached like crap last year, folks like you want him fired immediately and the team is predicted to be Kotitie level bad this year; and yet the team looked quite competent tonight.  

How would you expect him to act?

Think...

Bowles wasn't carried off the field or laughing and screaming after the game.  

All that happened was Bowles was given a five by one of his players and now during his post game he seems quite subdued to me and saying "we" have to build on the play of tonight and correct our mistakes.

Just now, T0mShane said:

got home from the wedding and turned on Sharknado 5. I legit feel like I learned more about shark biology from five minutes of this film than I learned about 2017 Jets football by reading this homer-infested circle jerk thread.

You do realize that being a fan does make you a homer?

10 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Are you waiting for him to put up 6 Picks to go with his Big arm? Or is that only for real leaders of men with small arms? LOL

If you dont see the difference and improvement the guy showed tonight vs last year, then we cant help you.

I think Hack will make an excellent long term #2 to Darnold or Allen....

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

got home from the wedding and turned on Sharknado 5. I legit feel like I learned more about shark biology from five minutes of this film than I learned about 2017 Jets football by reading this homer-infested circle jerk thread.

Good then go swim with the sharks or did you bring home a sheep. 

2 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Come we have to be fair!

Bowles coached like crap last year, folks like you want him fired immediately and the team is predicted to be Kotitie level bad this year; and yet the team looked quite competent tonight.  

How would you expect him to act?

Think...

Bowles wasn't carried off the field or laughing and screaming after the game.  

All that happened was Bowles was given a five by one of his players and now during his post game he seems quite subdued to me and saying "we" have to build on the play of tonight and correct our mistakes.

CB I hope you are right and I will eat crow.

Just now, joewilly12 said:

CB I hope you are right and I will eat crow.

Myself I'm just happy we weren't embarrassing!!

Last year IMO we didn't look like a professional football team so the bar is quite quite low.

I just want competent football anything beyond that and I will be ecstatic!!

14 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

And after 3 weeks what? If he isn't ready to start, a strong possibility for week 1, what? Cut him?

It's called development. 

4 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Are you waiting for him to put up 6 Picks to go with his Big arm? Or is that only for real leaders of men with small arms? LOL

If you dont see the difference and improvement the guy showed tonight vems last year, then we cant help you.

I think Hack will make an excellent long term #2 to Darnold or Allen....

He's going to have to play this season. Because McCown who did look like an NFL Qb tonight is injury prone and he's 38. So the learning curve is right now. 

16 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This is what happens when you have a whole bottle of lube, a box of tissues, and your internet goes out.

9 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Kimberly Jones (@KimJonesSports)

8/12/17, 10:53 PM

Todd Bowles: Deep shots called but #TEN D took them away, so #NYJ Hack went to other reads & got rid of ball. Did "good job doing that."

He'd know better than we would since he's privy to the play calls. At least we know Hack made the right choices more often than not. That bodes well.

29 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Good. I'm giving you 3 weeks to understand what it is you're actually talking about.

9 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Good. I'm giving you 3 weeks to understand what it is your actually talking about.

Ok then. What I'm saying is that you have to be able to move the ball, score points right now in 2017. That is if you want to win games. 

1 hour ago, Kevin L said:

Hack did a solid job running a vanilla offense. I noticed him locking on to his primary receiver early on, but as the game wore on he did a better job of looking at the entire field. Cautiously optimistic for now.

I was at the game and tbh Hack was not as good as everyone here is letting on.  He refused to even attempt a downfield throw, even when he had ASJ wide open crossing over the middle.  He checked down and dumped off the entire game. The play calling also completely coddled the guy.  He didn't suck.  That's about it.   

Archived