The entire sports media has our offense in the toilet...but

lancemehl

I even heard Colin Cowherd say we may be a 3 win team. lol I would agree with them, except you have to wonder how explosive ANY offense would be playing the best D in the league WITHOUT THEIR #1 #2 and # 3 receiver! And if their #4 didn't play with a QB that can throw. lol Gimme a break. It's far from panic time.

True, we are the laughing stock of the league at back up QB --- and trading a fourth rounder for Tim Tebow (when not one other team wanted him...for football reasons at least) WILL eventually find it's place along with Sam Bowie, Hershal Walker, and Babe Ruth------- But that is the ONLY thing you can possibly take from these two games.

Not to say RT isnt a major concern tho.

Any chance this guy from the Panthers gets that job? He can't be any worse. lol

The Tebow trade won't go down as a trade like Hershel Walker. Let's not overrate a 4th rounder.

Our offense is close to the worst in the league. I'm scared that by time they figure something out, it may be like Miami last year and we're 1-7.

I came to the realization when I started my "what if the offense explodes vs. the Panthers" thread that this is just the way it is now. With 365 days of NFL coverage, real time updates on if a QB trips over his shoe laces in practice, tweets from 10 beat writers covering the same practice, the NFLN reporting everything and anything, this is just what the NFL has become. These media outlets need ratings, so every little thing that happens is blown out of proportion to create the proper amount of hysteria for all the world to go, oh an ah, hit the message boards, tweet their opinions, blog about it, and then its all of a sudden "news" worthy.

The NFL talking head media type experts love to whip on the Jets especially Rex....we are a hated team face it. The bravado from Rex is the end result of why we are a poster boy/whipping post.

Looking at the game on saturday I was really worried about how many games we would actually compete in. Then I remembered, teams looking like absolute crap in the preseason and being good-very good to great during the season.

I don't care one bit for any of the sport media experts who say we are looking like a 3 to 4 win team that is horse crap.

The one thing that must be done, is Rex needs to be a head coach and coach his ass off.

The next thing that needs to be done, is Sanchez needs to cut down his INT's/fumbles lost total in half! That's 50% less mistakes from our QB.

We need Tebow to do what Tebow does best when he is in there. And if he does (compliment Sanchez), we should score more than last year.

We need Shonn Greene to run, run run. And stay healthy!

We need the special teams to play smart and aggressive.

We need our defense to be a top 5 NFL defense.

If the above happens, we will win the division!

Have Faith people and stop listening to the talking head NFL experts who hate us no matter what we do!

If you weren't a Jets fan and you looked at this offense, what would you see?

It's a pile. There's no sugarcoating it.

Exactly, that was our problem last yr and it hasn't improved; more like it's dismantled.

The NFL talking head media type experts love to whip on the Jets especially Rex....we are a hated team face it. The bravado from Rex is the end result of why we are a poster boy/whipping post.

Looking at the game on saturday I was really worried about how many games we would actually compete in. Then I remembered, teams looking like absolute crap in the preseason and being good-very good to great during the season.

I don't care one bit for any of the sport media experts who say we are looking like a 3 to 4 win team that is horse crap.

The one thing that must be done, is Rex needs to be a head coach and coach his ass off.

The next thing that needs to be done, is Sanchez needs to cut down his INT's/fumbles lost total in half! That's 50% less mistakes from our QB.

We need Tebow to do what Tebow does best when he is in there. And if he does (compliment Sanchez), we should score more than last year.

We need Shonn Greene to run, run run. And stay healthy!

We need the special teams to play smart and aggressive.

We need our defense to be a top 5 NFL defense.

If the above happens, we will win the division!

Have Faith people and stop listening to the talking head NFL experts who hate us no matter what we do!

Thank you Captain Obvious.

The Tebow trade won't go down as a trade like Hershel Walker. Let's not overrate a 4th rounder.

Our offense is close to the worst in the league. I'm scared that by time they figure something out, it may be like Miami last year and we're 1-7.

How could we lost out on Philip Blake?!?! I guess they could have drafted Massie there. We'll see if he starts in Arizona, they don't have a RT either. Don't get the Herschel Walker reference in conjunction with Ruth. If he were going to exaggerate he could have gone for Ricky WIliams.

Exactly, that was our problem last yr and it hasn't improved; more like it's dismantled.

What did they dismantle? The only players missing are Plaxico, Tomlinson and Mulligan. Maybe you can count Mason and Brunell.. That's three or four geriatrics and the false start king. Great loss. They may suck, but it won't be because they lost anybody. Their most significant offseason "loss" was Schottenheimer.

I even heard Colin Cowherd say we may be a 3 win team. lol I would agree with them, except you have to wonder how explosive ANY offense would be playing the best D in the league WITHOUT THEIR #1 #2 and # 3 receiver! And if their #4 didn't play with a QB that can throw. lol Gimme a break. It's far from panic time.

True, we are the laughing stock of the league at back up QB --- and trading a fourth rounder for Tim Tebow (when not one other team wanted him...for football reasons at least) WILL eventually find it's place along with Sam Bowie, Hershal Walker, and Babe Ruth------- But that is the ONLY thing you can possibly take from these two games.

I don't agree with your statement about Tebow or the trade. One of the better draft picks the Jets ever made was a 4th rounder they spent on Brad Smith. Smith was an impactful player as a special teamer and a wildcat QB. He was listed as a wideout, but was a below average receiver who earned his roster spot through his other contributions. The Jets spent the same 4th rounder to acquire Tebow who is a vast improvement over a 40 year old Mark Brunell at back up QB. How many teams have a back up QB who has started and won a game in the NFL? But, Tebow's biggest impact (similar to Smith's) will be as a wildcat QB and a special teams player. From what I have seen over the last year, Tebow is a far better passer than Smith (not saying much) and tougher to bring down when running between the tackles. If you believe the combine times, Tebow is faster than Smith and has the build to absorb more punishment. Don't fall for the media hype, let Tebow show you what he can do and then judge whether it was worth a 4th round pick or not.

If you go back to 2009 Colin Cowherd stated we'd be lucky to win one (1) game. He even suggested the Tampa Bay game would be our only competitive game. The talking heads get paid to create drama because drama sells radio ads, TV ads, newspapers. It is all noise. Ignore it.

Worst case scenario, I think the Jets win only 6 games. Best case scenario, 11...unless they completely underachieve and win 2 games or inexplicably dominate and win 14 games, but either of those possibilities are pretty far fetched.

I don't think they're as bad as we saw last week, but until I see otherwise, I have no real choice but to believe that.

What did they dismantle? The only players missing are Plaxico, Tomlinson and Mulligan. Maybe you can count Mason and Brunell.. That's three or four geriatrics and the false start king. Great loss. They may suck, but it won't be because they lost anybody. Their most significant offseason "loss" was Schottenheimer.

I meant it in the General sense O-Line looks horrific.

In 56 drop-backs, they've allowed 12 sacks. :badmood:

How many teams have a back up QB who has started and won a game in the NFL?

Oh, I don't know? Let's see:

Bills - Tyler Thigpen

Dolphins - Matt Moore

Bengals - Bruce Gradkowski

Browns - Colt McCoy

Steelers - Byron Leftwich

Texans - TJ Yates

Colts - Drew Stanton

Jaguars - Chad Henne

Titans - Matt Hasselbeck

Broncos - Caleb Hanie

Chiefs - Brady Quinn

Raiders - Matt Leinart

Chargers - Charlie Whitehurst

Cowboys - Kyle Orton

Giants - David Carr

Redskins - Rex Grossman

Bears - Jason Campbell

Lions - Shaun Hill

Vikings - Joe Webb

Falcons - Chris Redman

Panthers - Derek Anderson

Buccaneers - Dan Orlovsky

Cardinals - John Skelton

Rams - Kellen Clemens

Seahawks - Tavaris Jackson

the easiest way to look like an ass is to watch a pre-season game and make a prediction. especiually the first two or the last one

lots of asses around here and in the media

A couple weeks ago, someone posted that article from The Onion, "Insane Moron Draws Conclusion from NFL Preseason Game" and we all laughed about it. 2 weeks later, most of the posters here are acting like the "insane moron."

Thank you Captain Obvious.

Hey Thanks for making me the captain...coming from a General like you I feel honored!..all kidding aside, preseason doesn't mean a thing and many here are panicking like its the end.....

Archived