Look Fellas, It Simply Doesn't Matter.

The Gun Of Bavaria

It's that time of year again.

The Jets are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs and we turn our attention towards the possible replacement of the head coach, the replacement of some or all of the coaching staff, the upcoming draft, next year's position battles, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera.

Let me save you the trouble: None of it matters.

It doesn't matter who the Head Coach is. It doesn't matter who the starting Quarterback is. The owner. The General Manager. The Schedule. None of it matters. None of it matters because this franchise, this entire organization is poison. It is an oozing, puss-filled sore for which there is no cure. You can flush the personnel out of the body and replace it with new blood, but the body itself is still a rotting corpse, devoid of football life.  

This organization will never, ever, amount to anything in our lifetime. They will never reach a Super Bowl, let alone win one. This organization is simply incapable of executing any and all facets of football operations with the remotest amount of competence. We replaced one owner who pretended to care with another one who pretends to care. We're replaced countless General Managers, Head Coaches, and Assistant Coaches, only to discover that the new ones aren't any better. We've drafted and/or signed through free agency the "answer" at QB so many times I simply don't have time to count, only to realize they're just as bad, if not on some occasions, worse. Our draft history reads like a Greek Tragedy, with a history of so many personnel misses that the team name has become synonymous with how not to draft. 

Certain people or in this case, organizations, simply can't do certain things others can. For example, I can try to run a marathon all I want, but I'm simply not built for it.  The Jets can try to be an upper-tier football organization, but like my running talents, they're not built for it. It's just not going to happen. 

Find a Genie in a bottle and use his 3 wishes. Replace the owner. Replace the GM. Replace the Head Coach. Stock the team with the entire 1972 Dolphins roster in their prime. I don't care what wishes you asked for, it wouldn't matter. None of it matters. 

Say what you want, I truly don't care. The fact is that many of you who won't admit it, know I am right. 

This team, this entire organization will continue to amount to nothing for as long as there is professional football. Enjoy the off-season debate and have fun with it, but come next December and January, you'll look back at this thread and realize that as predicted, the cruel and inhuman cycle of Jets Football life will have brought you right back to this very spot. 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Jets are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs and we turn our attention towards the possible replacement of the head coach, the replacement of some or all of the coaching staff, the upcoming draft, next year's position battles, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera.

It doesn't matter who the Head Coach is. It doesn't matter who the starting Quarterback is. The owner. The General Manager. The Schedule. None of it matters. None of it matters because this franchise, this entire organization is poison. It is an oozing, puss-filled sore for which there is no cure. You can flush the personnel out of the body and replace it with new blood, but the body itself is still a rotting corpse, devoid of football life.  

This organization will never, ever, amount to anything in our lifetime. They will never reach a Super Bowl, let alone win one. This organization is simply incapable of executing any and all facets of football operations with the remotest amount of competence. We replaced one owner who pretended to care with another one who pretends to care. We're replaced countless General Managers, Head Coaches, and Assistant Coaches, only to discover that the new ones aren't any better. We've drafted and/or signed through free agency the "answer" at QB so many times I simply don't have time to count, only to realize they're just as bad, if not on some occasions, worse. Our draft history reads like a Greek Tragedy, with a history of so many personnel misses that the team name has become synonymous with how not to draft. 

Certain people or in this case, organizations, simply can't do certain things others can. For example, I can try to run a marathon all I want, but I'm simply not built for it.  The Jets can try to be an upper-tier football organization, but like my running talents, they're not built for it. It's just not going to happen. 

Find a Genie in a bottle and use his 3 wishes. Replace the owner. Replace the GM. Replace the Head Coach. Stock the team with the entire 1972 Dolphins roster in their prime. I don't care what wishes you asked for, it wouldn't matter. None of it matters. 

Say what you want, I truly don't care. The fact is that many of you who won't admit it, know I am right. 

This team, this entire organization will continue to amount to nothing for as long as there is professional football. Enjoy the off-season debate and have fun with it, but come next December and January, you'll look back at this thread and realize that as predicted, the cruel and inhuman cycle of Jets Football life will have brought you right back to this very spot. 

Are you sure of all this?

To an extent, he has some very valid points, but If I didnt have the Jets, I would have to drink without an excuse, and drinking without an excuse means its time for those boring meetings where you tell your lifelong sob story to a bunch of strangers who dont care.

Nah, I need the Jets to have an excues, Oh wait I am also a Rangers, Knicks, and Yankee fan. Forget all I just said, as I am late for my Boring meeting.

Love this song. Listen to Mick Ronson on this one. Bowie and Ronson achieved something that very few artists have been able to do since The Beatles and George Martin did it a few years before. That is to make records that sound fresh, clear, and relevant even today. I met Mick Ron son in a little bar in Woodstock one snowy night that his wife's band Arabesque was opening for Tom Pacheco. I managed to insult Ronson and I think he wanted to punch me in the mouth. I was trying to give him the best compliment that I could think of but it just came out sounding wrong. I told him "Hey Mick you and me are the only 2 people in this whole bar who have all of your solo albums. His face kind of scrunched up and his lips kind of snarled as he looked at me and turned and walked away. I was TRYING to tell him that I was perhaps his biggest fan IN the place...oh well...sorry Mick maybe we'll meet again in a jam session in Heaven and I can explain what I meant. Ronson was right up there with Jimmy Page IMHO as my..."MY" favorite rock guitarists from the early to mid-70's

Oh yea, I'm starting to feel the same way as Pat here does. Then again, who knows maybe we are the Boston Red Sox, just look at how many generations of Sox fans died without ever getting a chance to see them win a world series. It may take guys like me. Jet Fan13, and Southern Jet to enter the great beyond before they ever do what we got to see them do in January of 1969. 1-3 was actually THERE in the stands at the old Orange Bowl in Miami

GOB you sound upset.  It's ok bro.  Crusher ain;t built for no marathon either. 

How old do you think I am / how many Jet games do you think I've been to?  Curious.

I die as hard as everyone, but at the end of the day it's a goddamn game.

Don't know, don't care, but I'm 29 and have been going to almost every home game for 20 years (save for college) and I concur that nothing ever changes. 

I don't buy this one bit.

It's pretty simple, we have been very poorly run for almost 50 years, hence the bad results.

Get some good people in here and things will change, it's really that simple.

When our fan base is in love with a clown like Rex Ryan because we have beaten spouse syndrome, and are yearning for Rex to stay on it tells you how bad we have been historically.

We constantly make horrible decisions as an organization, like bringing in a WCO and a Tampa Cover 2 to a championship caliber vertical passing game and a 3-4 defense.

Firing a HC and insisting the new HC keeps the OC.

Firing the GM and insisting the next GM keeps the HC.

Keeping a HC who basically can call defensive plays and nothing else.

Things most definitely change, but they most definitely wont until we get a frickin clue on how to run a franchise.

Archived