vick coming to visit today per twittah

Lizard King

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For what?   So we can tell him he's not going to be handed the starting job again?  

We've already told him that. He's shopped his talent throughout the NFL and no one is offering a starting job to an oft-injured 35 year old QB.

We've already told him that. He's shopped his talent throughout the NFL and no one is offering a starting job to an oft-injured 35 year old QB.

That's what I mean.  Maybe he comes and says " Hey I can play a mean press coverage. Can I start at CB?"   

I think Rex would go for that. 

His personal life aside. He's done as a football player. It's a ******* waste. First the dude from Jax no Vick.

This is my thoughts exactly.  I think the guy is complete scum, but that's not why I don't want him on this team.  I don't want him on this team because he has never been a particularly good passer, he could never stay on the field, and now on top of all of that, he's completely washed up.  The guy was never anything more than an injury-prone RB who lined up under center.  As far as this idea of him being some sort of veteran mentor to Geno, Vick is pretty much everything we want Geno not to be.

This is my thoughts exactly.  I think the guy is complete scum, but that's not why I don't want him on this team.  I don't want him on this team because he has never been a particularly good passer, he could never stay on the field, and now on top of all of that, he's completely washed up.  The guy was never anything more than an injury-prone RB who lined up under center.  As far as this idea of him being some sort of veteran mentor to Geno, Vick is pretty much everything we want Geno not to be.

This sounds so familiar and true. 

With the Eagles, Vick was a real good soldier behind Nick Foles.  He has seen the writing on the wall with no offers of a starting job.  Coming in and supporting Geno and getting himself prepared to start in a pinch is probably the best he is going to do at this point in his career.  This would be the first back up QB we have had who can actually play since the Parcells years.

Outside of his personal life, it's not a bad signing. Everyone wanted us to bring in someone to push Geno, someone who has enough left in the tank to actually compete for the job and not just hold a clipboard. Should Geno win, Vick is not the worst mentor (personal history aside) for him, considering his knowledge of the offense.  Additionally, you know that he could come in and help manage a game should Geno go down, which is exactly what you want out of your backup QB. 

Still don't want him, but it's pretty much the exact scenario everyone has been complaining about us not doing.

I know QB pickings are really thin, but Vick is just a terrible QB, even as a back up.  If it comes down to it, I'd rather have Hill or Fitz as realistic options.  Schaub would be my real preference, but that's not going to happen for all kinds of reasons.

I don't want Vick coming here.  I don't like Vick.  I love dogs.  There is no possibility of ever forgiving or forgetting this.  But if they sign him I will not abandon my team.  I probably won't mind seeing him get his head knocked off.  And he will, because he is shot.  And I think it is a bad football decision on their part.  But the jets are my team and I will just shut up and keep on rowing.  We fans are little more than galley slaves, when you come right down to it. Chained to our oars.

Archived