Free Agency Twitter Updates

DaBallhawk

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why would they do it now?  Why not wait?  Are we just being nice?  I don't get it.

Possibly a few reasons. 1) They want Jets fans to believe they are genuinely going to make an offer to Revis, 2) Maby they are going to try to sucker the Patriots into picking up Harvin making it harder for them to compete for Revis. 3) They could just be stupid and not realize they had until the 19th of March to get rid of Harvin without losing our 4th round pick.

Why would they do it now?  Why not wait?  Are we just being nice?  I don't get it.

Sometimes it's good to keep relationships "open".  These agents have other players in the league and sometimes its best for business to walk away on a good note.  They may have already inquired on his trade value and came away with nothing.  

FWIW - its going to be awesome when the only FA signing worth a sh*t is Revis, who comes in first day sporting his Cheatriots SB ring, wearing a Cheatriots SB champ hat, laughing at the Jets when Woody coughs up 15 mil a year for his services, until he holds out next year for 16 playing like a middle of the pack corner. 

I was wondering the same thing...there are only two reasons I can see ...

1) They're working on a  trade and by leaking this it'll put pressure on the team to move so as not to get into a bidding war (which seems highly unlikely)

2) They're just being nice - Probably not a bad thing to do - garner some goodwill with players.  If you really have no intention (under any circumstance) of keeping him just let him go now.

FWIW - its going to be awesome when the only FA signing worth a sh*t is Revis, who comes in first day sporting his Cheatriots SB ring, wearing a Cheatriots SB champ hat, laughing at the Jets when Woody coughs up 15 mil a year for his services, until he holds out next year for 16 playing like a middle of the pack corner. 

Leave the trolling to Tom Shane. He is better at it than you. 

I wouldnt discount this team. There will be a third team in the mix. Cleveland has money, a defense Revis likes and close to home.

Cleveland can have anything they want. They're Cleveland. That cancels out everything they have going for them.

Thats what concerns me he already won a superbowl he is going to get paid what's his motivation to play like the top CB in the league. He has the Patriots stench on him, wouldn't be upset if we didn't sign him and spent wisely elsewhere.

Josina Anderson ‏@JosinaAnderson 5m Source: I'm told the #Jets are interested in CB Buster Skrine and that "there's a good chance he could end up in N.Y." [The Jets] need corners and Skrine is one of the few out there still." It sounds to me there's an understanding of mutual interest, as of this point, but Skrine will stay weight offers.

This intrigues me

Josina Anderson ‏@JosinaAnderson 5m Source: I'm told the #Jets are interested in CB Buster Skrine and that "there's a good chance he could end up in N.Y." [The Jets] need corners and Skrine is one of the few out there still." It sounds to me there's an understanding of mutual interest, as of this point, but Skrine will stay weight offers.

He would be a great slot corner. Revised/Cro/Skrine/Milliner nice .

She the one with the skinny on the Jets news?

She's been on the money about the jets. Good newss

I have to get used to the increased rates.  5 mill/yr for a middle of the pack starting guard.

That's even a lot for this year.

Sounds to me like we kept losing out on the guys we wanted so we now have to way overpay to get anyone.   Was really hoping people would want to come play for Bowles and our new GM could close.

For me, it's time to worry.

Archived