Free Agency Twitter Updates

DaBallhawk

Checked over at reddit looking at some seahawk fan opinions on carpenter:

He never developed as a zone blocker despite playing it in College and in the NFL for 4yrs (only stared 1 or 2 full seasons tho) Seattle ran power sparingly and I can't tell you the difference in the results of his play. Night and day. He'd move and hook anyone not named Aaron Donald on a called power play. But he's outmatched in zone for a number of reasons.

Improved in pass pro, but still fodder against DTs that have a developed skill set. That's really his main issue--he still has no handwork and is slow to react against non-bullrush heavy DTs.

Wonder what blocking scheme we are doing this year.  If I remember we got away from zone blocking over the last 2 yrs or so I think.

He definitely sounds more like a stop gap.  Guessing small contract 4-5mil over 2 yrs or something.  Something that isn't too bad to stomach if Oday starts to blow up and we need to bench carpenter.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remember he played in the toughest division in football. 49ers 2x... Rams 2x...cards2x

I'm watching the Broncos vs Seahawks game on NFL Network. Carpenter just got beat like a drum which led to Wilson throwing a interception.

Checked over at reddit looking at some seahawk fan opinions on carpenter:

Wonder what blocking scheme we are doing this year.  If I remember we got away from zone blocking over the last 2 yrs or so I think.

He definitely sounds more like a stop gap.  Guessing small contract 4-5mil over 2 yrs or something.  Something that isn't too bad to stomach if Oday starts to blow up and we need to bench carpenter.

Gailey doesn't have a set system like other coordinators may have. He's an adaptive guy and changes it up based on opponent and the players on his roster.

Not sure how to feel about the Carpenter signing, if it does happen. Haven't seen him play but he's being ranked right up there with Boling and Blalock so I guess he can be a decent starter and probably would be an upgrade over Colon. I was hoping for a clear cut upgrade but again, have no clue what he brings to the table, maybe he'll wow us.

I give him bonus points for Being in the Super Bowl twice in the playoffs the past few years. always nice to have that experience

Bowles knows him too well from the Cards/Hawks games and had to gameplan for him each time. I'm sure he sees/knows a little more about him and in him than the rest of us. Plus he is very young, not a 1-2 year stopgap solution like Blalock would be. And at 6'5, 330 pounds he's got the perfect size to play guard or even RT. The more I think about it the more I'd want this move to happen. Would have been much happier with Iupati of course but no need to panic and overpay for the next best 30+ year old guard, when you can get a talented young guard who you played twice a year instead.

A lot of people still forget that we're not one player away from winning the superbowl. Or even the division. There's a reason why we have so much cap left, it's because we don't have too many good players. Fans want to see Suh type signings just to have something to be thrilled about but we're not the Dolphins, they have a lot of the pieces together already. God knows where they pull out the cap space to spend so much money on another Pro Bowler. I'm getting tired of this cap thing anway. Has there ever been a team in the history that went over the cap? Seems like the dumbest thing there is. You can always do something to get under the cap, what the hell is the point. Disciplined teams get punished for not signing all these Pro Bowl type players, and the teams that do pick them up figure out a way each year how to lower their cap number by turning salary into bonuses. Just a joke.

I haven't allowed myself to get excited about the possibility of signing Revis, but now that D-Day is here, I can't help it. That son of a bitch has my heart in his greedy hands once again. This is it, boys. Either he comes home or the Jets are done with him for the rest of his career. Today is the Last Temptation of Revis.

Now, let's sign that piece of sh*t!

I haven't allowed myself to get excited about the possibility of signing Revis, but now that D-Day is here, I can't help it. That son of a bitch has my heart in his greedy hands once again. This is it, boys. Either he comes home or the Jets are done with him for the rest of his career. Today is the Last Temptation of Revis.

Let's do it! .. Hey no possibility we can pry Iuptia away from AZ before he signs.. Huh?

LMAO

You're losing your religion.  Just like a bad Johnny Cash song!

Props to Tony Pauline who had Carpenter news back in February

2015 NFL Combine- Saturday

21FEB

Dupreee-232x300.jpgThe quarterbacks and receivers take the field today as do the running backs. But we’re always looking ahead. Here are a few preview notes on tomorrows workout of defensive lineman and linebackers, the latest free agent news as well as our first supplemental draft candidate.

Over the past 24 hours sources have told me two bits of free agency news. The first is the New York Jets will be in the running for Seattle Seahawks offensive lineman James Carpenter. And the second, which may be old news for some but comes from sources involved in the situation, is the belief that Julius Thomas is done in Denver.

I really really really really think he's just going to use the Jets to drive up the price and then head to New England.

And that's not the worst thing in the world, either.

Yeah...not sure how I feel about it.  I honestly wouldn't want him back all that much if he was going outside the division.  I hope he shocks everyone by going to Jax for $20 million a year.  Between us and NE though, I want him here.

Archived