Looks like Goodell will hear the Brady appeal

Fed Hill Jet

OR.....

This whole thing was s set-up to begin with - from the very start.

Pats go crazy, say relationship with Goodel is shot - so Goodell hears the appeal - everyone thinks he's PO'd at Kraft.

He sides with Brady. Suspension dropped. Picks taken for obstructing, but not cheating (legacy intact)

Kraft wins, league can make a case Goodel wasn't being biased.

A set up to free the Pats.

Would anyone here be surprised?

I don't think this is that far fetched. The people cheering the fact that Goodell, of all people, will hear the appeal have some short ass memories.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

100% expected this based on how the Pats and Brady have conducted themselves throughout the process.  Remember Brady "laughing" on that radio show when they told him about the deflated balls being public knowledge?  Kraft demanding an apology from the league?  Saying they had no issue with the investigation until they didn't like the findings?  The Pats have slapped the league in the face at every turn.

Had they acted with a shred of dignity, commish would probably have granted their request for an independent arbitrator.  

Since they're being maniacal clowns, he probably wants to sit across from Brady and laugh at him when he tries to sell him a line of BS about deflation referring to weight loss.

Either way...Pats will win 12 games and the division, but they're just digging a deeper hole in terms of their organizational legacy.

Um. No. They are not going to do either.

Goodell tried to help the Baltimore Ravens cover up the brutal Ray Rice knock out of a woman.

Wells represented big tobacco and argued that second hand smoke doesn't cause cancer in children.

These are the people you guys are rooting for. lol.

You welched on donating to military veterans. Not sure what high ground you think you're standing on here.

Hmm...quite a turn of events.  Discuss...   Roger Goodell to hear Tom Brady's appeal

League confirms to NFL Media's Albert Breer that Goodell will hear Brady's appeal, which was filed Thursday.

If I'm Goodell, I INCREASE the penalty on appeal if Brady tries to give me that BS story.

Roger, he's trying to lose weight, I swear.  We were all sitting around, talking about shedding a few lbs, and he was all like....man I need to deflate my belly.  And BOOM!  The deflater nickname was born.  True story.  God's honest truth. 

I don't think this is that far fetched. The people cheering the fact that Goodell, of all people, will hear the appeal have some short ass memories.

Exactly, not even a week ago people were claiming he would get off with no penalty whatsoever due to Goodell and Kraft's relationship....

Now, 5 days later, some non-sensical rebuttal and a bit of anger - we're supposed to believe they're now enemies...I just don't buy it.

the NFL really built this storyline out very well. Looks like it could fill in from the draft to training camp. Throw in a few bizarre WWE like twists in the plot (needle dicked ballboy sought revenge on Brady for stealing his GF, equipment manager is secretly a Jets and Yankees double crossing fan, Brady goes to the dark side and berates the NFL and all fans as he turns heel). Can't wait until Sept.

OR.....

Pats go crazy, say relationship with Goodel is shot - so Goodell hears the appeal - everyone thinks he's PO'd at Kraft.

He sides with Brady. Suspension dropped. Picks taken for obstructing, but not cheating (legacy intact)

I'd buy that for a dollar!

Goodell tried to help the Baltimore Ravens cover up the brutal Ray Rice knock out of a woman.

Wells represented big tobacco and argued that second hand smoke doesn't cause cancer in children.

Your bitter victimhood makes my day. :biggrin:

the NFL really built this storyline out very well. Looks like it could fill in from the draft to training camp. Throw in a few bizarre WWE like twists in the plot (needle dicked ballboy sought revenge on Brady for stealing his GF, equipment manager is secretly a Jets and Yankees double crossing fan, Brady goes to the dark side and berates the NFL and all fans as he turns heel). Can't wait until Sept.

It certainly does have the feel pro wrestling.  Brady was the golden boy, beloved by all (except Jet fans) but then he becomes a bad guy...

It sure does feel like a great story line to keep the NFL in the spotlight during its dead time - from the draft until the camp starts.

smart move delegating the original punishment to Troy Vincent, allowing Goodell to be the appellate decision maker

This, and pats* fans don't understand. They keep saying goodell wants to be "judge, jury and executioner"

Your bitter delusion makes me smile in my heart - Thank You!!!!!  :sign0098:

I hope you're right, but I always just assume that's the way it's going to play out.

Understood. I just think that even before all of this, they would have their biggest challenge this year. The losses in the secondary are huge. But I am a little biased.

This is the dumbest post I have ever read. 

Understood. I just think that even before all of this, they would have their biggest challenge this year. The losses in the secondary are huge. But I am a little biased.

You're 100% right...on paper, the losses they've had should amount to a serious drop in production....but that  never seems to happen because they "find a way".  They had double-digit wins with a guy who hadn't played since HS when Brady got hurt, but that team did have a good defense.  What this team will be w/o Revis and Browner...we'll see.

You mad bro?

Anyone who brings up Ray Rice and tries to compare it to cheating is a complete moron. 

I would love to hear your evidence of a "cover up".  There was video of it!!  Just because the suspension was light is not evidence of a "cover up".  Do you realize that your irrational fandom makes you look so unintelligent?

I've been enjoying watching the meltdown at the Patsfan board.  The mix of whimpering with false bravado has been incredible.

That said it really is amazing that I have yet to see 1 objective post.  They have all deluded themselves into thinking Brady has done absolutely nothing wrong and hasn't lied about a thing.  They're so brainwashed they're convinced Goodell presiding over the arbitration is the best outcome and this is going to federal court.  It's like they're gearing up for Roe V Wade or something.

Watching the pandemonium there has been supremely gratifying but I can't help but feel a smidgeon of pity as they really are some of the stupidest mother****ers I've ever seen.

Well said.  It really gives me very little hope for humanity when I see how delusional an entire area of the nation can become.  Out of those that I have heard on radio or seen on blogs, not one has been remotely rational.  Very sad....

Roger, he's trying to lose weight, I swear.  We were all sitting around, talking about shedding a few lbs, and he was all like....man I need to deflate my belly.  And BOOM!  The deflater nickname was born.  True story.  God's honest truth. 

This literally made me laugh out loud at work!!

OR.....

Only if this scenario didn't end with Goodell and Kraft open mouth kissing,topless,at the 50 yard line of Gilette Stadium

OR.....

I think that would be a pretty hard sell. That would mean Goodell himself would be admitting he made an error in approving Vincent's penalties. Can't believe he would try to claim Vincent had not sought his approval of the penalties before issuing them.

According to the delusional asshats on patsfans.com this is good news because then it goes to federal court. Is it even possible the courts have any jurisdiction here to overturn punishment given out by the league to a player or team?

According to the delusional asshats on patsfans.com this is good news because then it goes to federal court. Is it even possible the courts have any jurisdiction here to overturn punishment given out by the league to a player or team?

I would think that could only happen if the rule being enforced could somehow be proven to be illegal, thus not enforceable, or if the penalties adminitered could be proven to themselves be in conflict with the rules, thus the league's actions could be deemed a breech of contract.

I am an attorney, though not a antitrust attorney or a litigator, so take this for what it's worth.  My understanding is that the only way the courts got involved during the lockout was because the Union de-certified allowing the matter to be brought in federal court.  I suppose there is a procedure for a team to bring an action (after all, Al Davis was notorious for doing it) but I am sure certain criteria need to be met for that suit to be brought.  However, I cannot imagine a situation whereby they bring such an action that does not open Pandora's box for everything they have been trying to keep a secret since this process started.  That's why I do not believe the threat of a law suit has any teeth because everyone knows they don't want anyone getting access to anything in that building.

Wow. The depths of your stupidity never ceases to amaze me. 

No one here is rooting FOR Goodell or Wells. 

Everyone is merely rooting against the Pats.  

OR.....

If that was the intent it would have been easier to declare that there was no smoking gun and ride out the expected wave of criticism.  What you are suggesting simply runs the risk of the whole thing spiraling out of control and results in a protracted front page story for weeks and months.

I think the punishment in this case is a very clear message from the majority of the other 31 owners to Robert Kraft that they are tired of his cheating organization and I think the Patriots are extremely unwise if they think that a scorched earth policy is going to win over those owners.  There are no good outcomes for the Patriots here but there are some outcome that are substantially worse than others.  I think the recent decision by the Pats has taken them a road which will inevitably lead to those outcomes regardless of whether or not the punishment is reduced.

Fun stuff.

Couldn't have happened to a bigger bunch of cheating scumbags or their low-IQ fan base. 

Archived