Brandon Marshall on Mike&Mike: "Geno did nothing wrong"

nj meadowlands

Yeah. He's unstoppable really. It's like in The Blob, where the only thing that worked was Steve McQueen realizing that it was afraid of the freezer.

Guy, he says.

Lmaoo you got it man .. I Don't even feel like debating this .. If coaches could stop players from doing things first then there wouldn't be all these NFL players with off the field problems ..

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm gonna celebrate this one place where we agree.

Jets Fans "Brady is Gay" Meme is literally the dumbest thing int he great wide expanse of dumb Jet Fan things.

Not only is it stridently homophobic (shocked from predominantly liberal New Yorkers in this day and age) but it's so illogical and sad as to embarrassing.

Words change over time.  Gay doesn't necessarily mean he's homosexual in that meme or context.  It means he is a pansy ass bitch that whines and complains about everything when he doesn't get his way.  Just like Fag doesn't infer anything homosexual and the word has changed over time.

and I do think ppl that ride harleys in packs are fags :D

Lmaoo you got it man .. I Don't even feel like debating this .. If coaches could stop players from doing things first then there wouldn't be all these NFL players with off the field problems ..

No no. I agree. Bowles shouldn't be held responsible in any sort of capacity for what has been a disastrous camp and the fact that he made them run wind sprints is proof of said absolvement.

A good friend jumps in and opens up a can of kickass no?

Not when that friend (who everyone is waiting to label a locker room controversy) needs to protect his own reputation.  Nothing here says that Marshall wasn't one of the guys that jumped in after the punch and broke it all up.  Bowles did say a bunch of teammates jumped in to break it up, no names though but if Marshall was that close I'd imagine he was one of the first to help out.

He witnessed it but didn't try to stop it?? :confused0088:

well, it WAS a one punch knockout.  A haymaker from out of the blue.  These guys probably do not know IKs history of explosive behavior.  Probably just figured it was two guys talking smack.

I'll take the public support over the anonymous one's who do not. 70+ guys in that locker room, you're not going to have everyone like you, regardless of who you are.  Also, lets not pretend that Ryan Clarke's information is coming from anyone other than Colon,

People who put their name to quotes are given less credence than anonymous sources out here. 

Just amazing!!

Hate Geno if you wish, but don't knock a man who says that he was there!

Well when I ran a bar in the 70's a guy I threw out tapped me on the shoulder and when I turned  around he hit me in the jaw with a tire iron.. I spit out around 5 teeth and put him in the hospital does that count?? LOL I do agree IK shouldn't have hit him and Bowles was right to cut him.. The difference is we seem to disagree on what a sucker punch is..

In truth man that is scary!!

You could have been killed!!

In truth man that is scary!!

You could have been killed!!

I don't know how I managed to keep upright I saw stars and colors then adrenaline and rage took over.. The guy was 20 years old and his father paid my medical and dental bills plus 5 grand.. He was a spoiled rich kid and since he spent 2 weeks in the hospital  I figured I would let it go.. No he never tried to come in the Bar again..LOL

Not when that friend (who everyone is waiting to label a locker room controversy) needs to protect his own reputation.  Nothing here says that Marshall wasn't one of the guys that jumped in after the punch and broke it all up.  Bowles did say a bunch of teammates jumped in to break it up, no names though but if Marshall was that close I'd imagine he was one of the first to help out.

Wait what?

Dont get me wrong. I like IK for flattening the punk but he did get out of thet room without so much as a scratch. Who are Geno's friends again?

Well unfortunately I don't think Bowles can change the culture as quickly as needed. That might take a season or 2 and some success. Rex likely would have done sh*t about this situation.

What has Bowles done about it?

What has Bowles done about it?

Ummm kicked one player off the team and basically isn't letting the other one come back to meetings or film room work until I guess he deems Geno worthy (last part is imo).  Also refused to get into specifics honoring his locker room and his word to both participants.  What else would you like him to do?

Words change over time.  Gay doesn't necessarily mean he's homosexual in that meme or context.  It means he is a pansy ass bitch that whines and complains about everything when he doesn't get his way.  Just like Fag doesn't infer anything homosexual and the word has changed over time.

and I do think ppl that ride harleys in packs are fags :D

Lol ... Bike-curious ... Well played!!

Wait what?

Dont get me wrong. I like IK for flattening the punk but he did get out of thet room without so much as a scratch. Who are Geno's friends again?

I guess we'll approach this differently.  In any instance where someone "jumped" any of my friends the only thing we cared about was the safety of our friend.  We didn't "jump" the guy hitting our friend, we removed and restrained him and made sure our friend got the immediate help they needed.  Physically harming the assailant does nobody any good, nothing is gained from it.  And I don't like IK for "flattening the punk" as it just shows me IK is irresponsible and has no self control.

Ummm kicked one player off the team and basically isn't letting the other one come back to meetings or film room work until I guess he deems Geno worthy (last part is imo).  Also refused to get into specifics honoring his locker room and his word to both participants.  What else would you like him to do?

He should be holding candlelight vigils on a nightly basis in Geno's honor. Post on Facebook every couple hours how Geno is truly missed. Perhaps call HBO and ABC to do a documentary and nightly special on Geno's story.

No way in HELL should he or any of his players be supportive of the backup QB. In fact as Fitz is playing in Geno's place, he should be wearing a sign saying "I suck. This is Geno's job."

Even then Cimini and many fans would knock Geno because practices weren't cancelled until Geno was ready to play.

Sure he did.  He didn't pay his debts.  He didn't act like a leader acts.  He didn't defuse the situation.  

He basically did what he does on the field, mishandled the situation start to finish.

What Marshall, a documented nutbar and attention whore, thinks is utterly irrelevant and if he was so close to the situation, why the **** didn't HE step in, as a veteran leader and offensive player with a big mouth, and defuse the situation since Geno couldn't, eh?

LOL, spoken like a true fan that hates a player for personal reasons and not football reasons...

You've been a fan for a long time Fish, you do realize players cancel out of off-season events all the time, and there is never any debt that is paid by players to other players, players usually fork the bills for their own events.  This was IK's event that he asked Geno to attend.  We all know the reason why he had to back out. 

Why don't Marshall's comments matter?  Why would he lie?  He has been the only player to put his name on any of this. Isn't it even more curious he wants nothing to do with the local media who have been the biggest instigators in the PR mess this has become because of their irresponsible and agenda driven reporting?   Everything they've done covering this topic happened has been based on agenda to drive the team apart, or go after Geno.

I'm sure Geno could have done more to prevent it, but in the middle of training camp, players are busy pretty much around the clock with camp, practices, meetings, little to no free time the first couple of weeks.  Could Geno have paid him off, probably, but as Anthony Becht said, it was ridiculous for Geno to have to pay him back at all.  IK is the one with the checkered past, his anger issues, temper, and it was said he keeps his money tight.  Geno, a millionair, IK also a player that makes $750K, I'm pretty sure he figured IK wasn't hurting for $600, but IK made a big deal of it, which probably set things off for Geno a little bit that morning.  Players are now coming forward and saying he didn't do anything wrong.

Does Geno need to mature and develop, and grow up, yep, Marshal is saying exactly that, what 24 yr old QB are mature leaders of any team?   It has to be earned, Geno was working on that, doing all the right things over the off-season and the first two weeks in camp.  Marshall is also a documented player with an emotional disorder, calling him an attention whore is a bit disingenuous.

Bowles should have suspended IK this way no team could pick him up and he wouldn't have made anyones 53 man roster. STRIKE 1 Bowles 

LOL, spoken like a true fan that hates a player for personal reasons and not football reasons.

Ray, my old pal, my only reasons for my view on Geno are on-field performance reasons.

The day Geno Smith doesn't suck, the day he's not the worst QB in the NFL, ON the field, is that day I'll start "supporting" him for whatever thats worth.

Till then, I'm going to root for who I think is the best player who gives us the best chance to win and compete for the offseason.

IMO, that's been, and continues to be, Fitz.

IMO it'll never be Geno.

Archived