Fitzpatrick Fitzpatrick'd

Saul Goodman

15/24, 179 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT. 

Though I expect him to play better as the season goes on, we can win with performances like this. He's got the arm to get the ball to the receivers, contrary to what I've been reading for weeks. And he didn't kill us with turnovers. I don't see us needing Geno under center, ever again. 

Though I expect him to play better as the season goes on, we can win with performances like this. He's got the arm to get the ball to the receivers, contrary to what I've been reading for weeks. And he didn't kill us with turnovers. I don't see us needing Geno under center, ever again. 

Think Texan's fans would like to trade Hoyer for him back?

He's a pretty good QB. He would have been perfect for this team about 4-5 years ago.

The hyperbole with him on this place is amusing though. 

He's the perfect type of QB that this team needs NOW IJ. This is a team that in my humble opinion is good enough to beat the Patriots and the Bills and the Fins.

He's the perfect type of QB that this team needs NOW IJ. This is a team that in my humble opinion is good enough to beat the Patriots and the Bills and the Fins.

What I mean is I don't think we're an elite team with Fitz. It would take a Brees/Rodgers/Rivers to put us close to that bracket. We should be able to compete for a playoff spot.

If we had this version of Fitz on that 2010 team we probably win the division and would be one of the top seeds. 

His problem isnt necessarily his arm, though it isnt the greatest. His problem has always been his inconsistency. 

And trust me, that INT save by Brandon Marshall changed the game around for us. That would have been a crazy momentum booster, especially if they would have gotten any points out of it. 

If Chan Gailey can keep Fitz consistent then we have a shot. If Fitz blows it next week against the Colts then it will be the typical sh*t. Lets hope the guy can keep us going. 

It was a rocky start and I seen the impatience come pretty quick with fans, but by the end of the game we see what this team is capable of on both sides of the ball. It as turnover central today for the defense and the offense actually put up 30 points without the help of the defense having to score touchdowns. 

Today was a monumental day if you really think about that. I dont care if it was against the Browns, it was a pretty positive response. 

A very solid performance, very smart play at the position, Fitz threw the ball better than I thought he would, against a pretty tough pass defense...

Loved his play at the LOS, good pre-snap reads, made very good decisions for most part.  Don't know what happened on INT, maybe a communication breakdown on the route?

This team can be a playoff team with the offensive performance today.

Being able to throw an interception en route to a TD drive didn't hurt. Saw the lack of arm on a couple throws. Overall, good to see the game managing. 

its just nice to see a jets qb throw a football and it ends up where its supposed to be. even the interception was on target

A very solid performance, very smart play at the position, Fitz threw the ball better than I thought he would, against a pretty tough pass defense...

Loved his play at the LOS, good pre-snap reads, made very good decisions for most part.  Don't know what happened on INT, maybe a communication breakdown on the route?

This team can be a playoff team with the offensive performance today.

he just flat out didn't account for the safety,imo

Most sane posters realize Fitz is an upgrade for us. Just a few vocal morons like Jet Nut kept saying the season was over when Geno went down.

Sent from my Venue 8 7840 using Tapatalk

Absolutely no need to ever call out another poster with a personal attack. 

but all the experts on this board said fitz is absolutely horrible.

He beat the almighty Cleveland Browns but you don't get dumped by five different teams for playing great ... jus sayin'. 

More experts here (or maybe just one) said Mariota is garbage. He threw a laser on 3rd & 10 and the next play a 52-yd TD on his first ever NFL drive. 

And threw another TD on his second drive ...

He beat the almighty Cleveland Browns but you don't get dumped by five different teams for playing great ... jus sayin'. 

Hey, early on the Browns looked rather mighty, slicing up our defense and stuffing our run. But Fitz did his part keeping the passing game viable.  Teams win games and our QB did what I think we all hoped he would do today.

More experts here (or maybe just one) said Mariota is garbage. He threw a laser on 3rd & 10 and the next play a 52-yd TD on his first ever NFL drive. 

And threw another TD on his second drive ...

he didn't get dumped. he was traded by a team with a log jam of 3 or 4 non franchise qb's and this one coming off an injury. made sense for them. fwiw, cleveland has a decent defense.could care less about mariotta

His problem isnt necessarily his arm, though it isnt the greatest. His problem has always been his inconsistency. 

And trust me, that INT save by Brandon Marshall changed the game around for us. That would have been a crazy momentum booster, especially if they would have gotten any points out of it. 

If Chan Gailey can keep Fitz consistent then we have a shot. If Fitz blows it next week against the Colts then it will be the typical sh*t. Lets hope the guy can keep us going. 

It was a rocky start and I seen the impatience come pretty quick with fans, but by the end of the game we see what this team is capable of on both sides of the ball. It as turnover central today for the defense and the offense actually put up 30 points without the help of the defense having to score touchdowns. 

Today was a monumental day if you really think about that. I dont care if it was against the Browns, it was a pretty positive response. 

This. 

If that didn't happen I fear the game may have gotten away from us. The Browns looked very confident and capable up to that point in the game.

Taking nothing away from the win of course, and I'm happy we finally have a WR who feels as though the ball is his personal possession out there for a change, but we could very easily be singing another tune today if that play didn't happen.

Archived