My thoughts and prayers to Lorenzo Mauldin

joewilly12

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sitting in the stadium watching them working on him, I was sick. I still am, I couldn't even get back in to the game. Terrible.

I was 11 when Byrd went down. I still remember my dad trying to explain to me what happened and why it happened and it was not a pretty sight. I'm happy that no parents are having to figure that one out today.

I was 11 when Byrd went down. I still remember my dad trying to explain to me what happened and why it happened and it was not a pretty sight. I'm happy that no parents are having to figure that one out today.

That is my worst memory as a jet fan, I still see that play over and over again in my head.  Byrd was such a good person, but I was always troubled how he would put his head down and drive it into the QB when going for a sack, that time Kreig kind of swerved out of the way leaving Byrd spearing head first into Scott Mersureau's chest and boom he was down and out....Ill never forget the movie starring Peter Berg (playing Dennis) what a miracle it was for him to recover.

Was just thinking, you know Mauldin's parents/family/GF/close friends were watching his first game (on TV or whatever, if his folks are out of jail). Just imagine what it was like for them to see that happen, and so long before any positive news came out. Awful.  

its official !!

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- New York Jets linebacker Lorenzo Mauldin, who was knocked unconscious Sunday against the Cleveland Browns and taken to a local hospital after a frightening fourth-quarter pile up, was awake with feeling in his extremities at the conclusion of medical tests, according to a team spokesman.

Mauldin was diagnosed with a concussion, but there was no neck injury, the spokesman said. The initial announcement said he left the game with head and neck injuries.

its official !!

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- New York Jets linebacker Lorenzo Mauldin, who was knocked unconscious Sunday against the Cleveland Browns and taken to a local hospital after a frightening fourth-quarter pile up, was awake with feeling in his extremities at the conclusion of medical tests, according to a team spokesman.

Mauldin was diagnosed with a concussion, but there was no neck injury, the spokesman said. The initial announcement said he left the game with head and neck injuries.

Great news thanks for the information. 

Archived