when did revis dump Geiger?

afosomf

this Geiger guy should've seen the writing on the wall and gotten his finances all set before Revis dumped him.  It was only a matter of time.  Only family sticks forever.  Revis agents were probably worried this guy was gonna talk Revis into some poor investments.

Geiger and Revis don't speak anymore, though, and it sounds like their rocky relationship might be beyond repair. Complex Sneakers caught up with Geiger recently to talk to the sneakerhead about the "Misplaced Checks" Air Force 1s that he just unveiled. During their chat with him, Geiger opened up about his falling out with his "best friend" and revealed that he believes Revis' agents played a part in it.

"It's still kind of hard to talk about," he told Complex Sneakers. "If you're really close to someone for 12 years, talk everyday, and actually worked for him, to not talk to him now is a little weird. When you're at that height of fame in sports and you just won a Super Bowl, there are so many people on the other side grabbing you and pulling you other ways. I think his agents didn't want me around him anymore, and everybody else that was around him didn't like that I was doing my own thing. We were going to start a store together, and that didn't happen. I worked on [the store] for six months beforehand. He told me he wanted to be a part of it. Then I was told they didn't want me to be a part of it."

Geiger also said that he didn't even realize there was a problem until right after Super Bowl XLIX ended.

"It hit me all of a sudden," he said. "I was at the Super Bowl. He won the Super Bowl, and I tried to get on the field after and I couldn't. I didn't talk to him for a week after that. When I did talk to him, it was like, 'I'm coming to get the keys to the store, and we're not talking.'"

Geiger said that he hasn't spoken to Revis since then. You can check out the rest of the Complex Sneakers feature on him here. Revis and Geiger once tried to get a Rob & Big style reality TV show off the ground, so it's crazy to hear that they're not even speaking anymore.

http://news.yahoo.com/darrelle-revis-former-manager-john-164507794.html

My guess is that Team Revis is positioning him for life after football.  Coming back to NY = great for his legacy.  60 minutes piece = great PR.  Some weird white dude with a sneaker fetish that fetches him weed and women = bad for the next life step. 

An "artist" who pays somebody else to cut and paste Nikes and sew on bonus checks and then sells them at a markup. Uh, ok.

The way I read some of the interviews with this guy is that they were going to open a retail shop together and Revis' agents wanted Geiger to design for the shop and Geiger wanted to design elsewhere. That's an indirect way of saying the guy wants to profit off his relationship with Revis and give nothing back. That's a dick move towards somebody you consider a friend of twelve years.

Actually, I just read an article about his sneaker designs and he was bragging about having 70 orders from Nike ID.  Does that constitute design?  Picking my colors and adding #27 on the tongue?

exactly, every "sneakerhead" thinks he's the Marc Jacobs of sneakers because Nike let's you pick your own colors on a website. I did about five years in product design and development in the fashion industry, and probably breathed enough fumes in Chinese pvc factories that my unborn children will probably be born as cyclops, and this guy thinks buying shoes like a woman makes him a designer. That's like max having eaten enough of my pulled pork to declare himself a pitmaster. 

Never hire your friends who are unqualified, to do real work for you.

That was the feeling I got. It seemed as though he wasn't any kind of legitimate financial advisor, but rather a buddy of Revis who raised his hand and said "I'll be your business manager."

Seems like a smart move to cut this prick loose.

Darrelle Revis' former business manager went on a Twitter rant Sunday night alleging the star cornerback isn't as squeaky clean as he was made out to be in a "60 Minutes" profile.

John Geiger, who was Revis' former manager and long-time close friend, blasted out a series of tweets in an airing of grievances for being pushed out of the inner-circle, including allegations of Revis using drugs. Geiger deleted the tweets but screenshots were taken showing the rant. The CBS program made reference to "Team Revis," the cornerback's support network made up of his agents and family.

"When Revis was getting drunk every night and smoking where was the 'team'," Geiger wrote in one tweet.

"The team was me. I made sure he was cool. I made sure the drugs came in. I made sure he was cool," the former manager tweeted.

According to an interview Geiger gave with Complex.com, he and the star cornerback had a falling out around the time of Super Bowl XLIX, saying Revis’ agents drove a wedge between the two Pittsburgh-area natives.

“I was at the Super Bowl. He won the Super Bowl (with the Patriots), and I tried to get on the field after and I couldn't. I didn’t talk to him for a week after that,” Geiger told Complex, alleging that Revis’ agents wanted to distance their client from the emerging sneaker designer.

The long string of tweets was diffcult to follow and bounced between subjects; from Revis' fashion to $500,000 supposedly missing to insults directed at Revis' agents to "60 Minutes."

"Revis is A f---ing liar. @60Minutes," Geiger wrote in one tweet.

"I have dm from Revis and the commissioner about hiring his uncle. Ppl fake," he wrote in another.

Revis' agents declined comment on the matter.

My guess is that Team Revis is positioning him for life after football.  Coming back to NY = great for his legacy.  60 minutes piece = great PR.  Some weird white dude with a sneaker fetish that fetches him weed and women = bad for the next life step. 

Exactly. Sooner or later a greenfly like this guy is gonna get his walking papers. Have zero sympathy . So Revis, his family and his agents party a bit. It's 2015 and they aren't monks and nuns. BFD. 

In case you guys didnt see the 60 minutes interview. 

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/jets-darrelle-revis-60-minutes/

That was AWESOME, thanks!

I don't know why, but watching him own Dez Bryant, who I think is an amazing receiver, made me laugh out loud. Revis is like Superman out there on the field. We are so lucky to be watching him play for our favorite team.

Archived