Pats lose RB Dion lewis for the season

faba

Dion Lewis has a torn ACL and will miss the remainder of the season, according to ESPN and the Boston Globe. Lewis finishes the season with 234 yards and two TDs on 49 carries. He was 3rd on the team with 36 receptions.

Oh great   Now they will grab some no name running back off a practice squad and he will be the next no name superstar.  

Pretty much.  I just feel bad for the kid because he's more than likely done when they upgrade the position next year.

truthfully, that's a big loss for them.  Doesn't mean they'll suck but he's been a legit weapon.

O-line in shambles.  Most dangerous RB done.  Somebody needs to dive at the knee of Brady... not Mariota.  Yeah, that means you Olivier! Only injury that will make a big difference.  Gronk would make a moderate difference. 

One of 4 likely candidates: James White, Brandon Bolden, Travaris Cadet or Dri Archer.

I would speculatively guess the last two.

White has not done sh*t for two seasons.  Why expect something now.  Bolden is a great on Special Teams, but he to could have stepped up.  He did have a nice catch though.

No one is going to replace Lewis' elusiveness.  Production can be compensated by more throws to LaFell not that he is back.

The Patriots are not as good, but it is not like they lost Brady or Gronk.  I am more concerne3d with the OL.

White has not done sh*t for two seasons.  Why expect something now.  Bolden is a great on Special Teams, but he to could have stepped up.  He did have a nice catch though.

No one is going to replace Lewis' elusiveness.  Production can be compensated by more throws to LaFell not that he is back.

The Patriots are not as good, but it is not like they lost Brady or Gronk.  I am more concerne3d with the OL.

You should be. Brady might get killed out there.

No big deal. As we saw when they played us, they don't need a running game. Dumpoff passes to Edelman, and Welker before him, is their primary means of "running the ball" anyway. Anything they do from the RB position is supplementary.

The Patriots figured out a long time ago, that with the way the new rules are constructed, a WR in the flat usually has 1 man to beat on his first move, and has the benefit of the rules providing a few yards for the receiver-turned-runner to beat his man. Every advantage goes to the WR. There's no reliance on run blocking, just the occasional pick-play. Far better chances for YAC as a "running game", when compared to running the ball up the middle into a team's front-7. 

That's why their offensive line holds for 2 seconds, and Brady gets the ball out in 2 seconds. Far fewer holding calls when this is your offenses equivalent to a handoff or running play. When they run the ball, the traditional way, it's usually just to get the game over with. 

I think Bolden can do the job.

He is a plodder like the Law Firm but with solid hands.

That would mean Powell is healthy. I think Bailey is on the chopping block. Bowen as well. Depends on what they decide to do at kicker. 

bailey is safe, he played well and they are thin at safety.  ridley didn't get in the game, neither did mcdougle.  your boy got 10 reps ahead of mcdougle.  I think they IR folk. 

you were right, milliner can be transferred to IR, ending his season.  that would be something, a 1st round pick getting put on the shelf. 

bailey is safe, he played well and they are thin at safety.  ridley didn't get in the game, neither did mcdougle.  your boy got 10 reps ahead of mcdougle.  I think they IR folk. 

you were right, milliner can be transferred to IR, ending his season.  that would be something, a 1st round pick getting put on the shelf. 

Bailey has a high ankle sprain and will be out for an undetermined amount of time. He's expendable at this point. 

I don't think the can afford to keep Milliner on the IR. They need bodies in the secondary with Cro 50/50 and Skrine obviously still hurt. Milliner could probably at least be a body on specials. 

Bailey has a high ankle sprain and will be out for an undetermined amount of time. He's expendable at this point. 

I don't think the can afford to keep Milliner on the IR. They need bodies in the secondary with Cro 50/50 and Skrine obviously still hurt. Milliner could probably at least be a body on specials. 

damn, is anybody healthy ?  if pryor and bailiey miss the bills game it could be a horror show for the jets. maybe ronald martin gets brought up ?  rontez looked pretty crappy

Archived