Dee Milliner Is Sick, Didn't Practice

Maxman

On the injury report…

Not practicing was Dion Bailey, Dee Milliner and Sheldon Richardson. Everybody else was full.

On if he’s concerned about Milliner being available…

Yeah, he’s been sick for a couple of days. He’s been under the weather, has a high temperature and everything else, so it’s been two days now.

On if Milliner just has a fever or something beyond that…

I don’t know. He’s got an illness. He’s got everything going right now and hasn’t been able to practice, hasn’t been well, had to send him home.

I think he has Johnny Mitchell disease, which is he doesn't really WANT to be an NFL football player at all, Vern had it too, he had a plan and the Jets fell for it hook line and stinker. Let me see how high I can get myself picked, get a few million and buy myself a house and a car, set momma up and say thanks suckers.

I think he has Johnny Mitchell disease, which is he doesn't really WANT to be an NFL football player at all, Vern had it too, he had a plan and the Jets fell for it hook line and stinker. Let me see how high I can get myself picked, get a few million and buy myself a house and a car, set momma up and say thanks suckers.

I don't know - the guy isn't making all this up.  He's actually torn/broken everything. The wind blows and he breaks something.  He may be a bust but most of it is real injuries.  However, he doesn't strike me as especially bright plus Rex did question his conditioning last year so perhaps he doesn't have what it takes personally.  Either way the odds of this kid living up to his draft status are extremely low after his start.

When we signed  cro, revis, and skrine I always felt this was going to be a red shirt year for Milliner.  Now that cro has played himself out of his contract with no dead money to concern our cap situation, Milliner's value or lack there of will be next year when he likely battles Williams for Cro'a #2 spot.  This is a recovery year for Milliner.  I don't expect anything from him.

When we signed  cro, revis, and skrine I always felt this was going to be a red shirt year for Milliner.  Now that cro has played himself out of his contract with no dead money to concern our cap situation, Milliner's value or lack there of will be next year when he likely battles Williams for Cro'a #2 spot.  This is a recovery year for Milliner.  I don't expect anything from him.

Isn't every year a recovery year?

His last meaningful snap was in 2013. If he gets no real reps this year, and he shouldn't, he wouldn't have really seen the field in 3 years! He's not battling for a #2 CB job, he's battling McDougle for a roster spot.

It's probably just the flu or something but I sure hope it isn't that sh*t like Fells got.  How much of the facility do the Giants and Jets share?  I don't think this is anything, but I have been worried about that since Fells went down.  The Bucs and Browns have had big problems with it over the years.  I think Winslow had some issues with it and played for both teams.

I don't know - the guy isn't making all this up.  He's actually torn/broken everything. The wind blows and he breaks something.  He may be a bust but most of it is real injuries.  However, he doesn't strike me as especially bright plus Rex did question his conditioning last year so perhaps he doesn't have what it takes personally.  Either way the odds of this kid living up to his draft status are extremely low after his start.

No, I'm sure you're right DH but there comes a point where you have to WANT to get better, you have to want to get back to work and somehow we are able to almost heal ourselves. We hear about these miracle cures that happen to oh say, cancer patients, where with the right mind set and positive attitude they sometimes can become cancer-free. 

I think that Milner needs to WANT to play football and needs to get sick of always being hurt because you can actually start to dread leaving the house and the drive to work. Look, I'm talking from experience here.

It's probably just the flu or something but I sure hope it isn't that sh*t like Fells got.  How much of the facility do the Giants and Jets share?  I don't think this is anything, but I have been worried about that since Fells went down.  The Bucs and Browns have had big problems with it over the years.  I think Winslow had some issues with it and played for both teams.

I hope it isn't the sh*t that Charlie Sheen got.  I weonder if they shared any of the same hookers.

Vernon did it before the new collective bargaining rules.  He killed it.

His last meaningful snap was in 2013. If he gets no real reps this year, and he shouldn't, he wouldn't have really seen the field in 3 years! He's not battling for a #2 CB job, he's battling McDougle for a roster spot.

we will see.  I appreciate your crystal ball prediction though.

We have no idea if he can play well anymore, what we do know is that Cro can't play.

I'm not certain Milliner played well then or ever - certainly wouldn't bet on him doing it now. 

Cro was bad when he left here and since his return has been downgraded to horrible. I'm not disappointed in him - was close to positive he's be this bad when we signed him.  

Archived