Price for #1 pick

Joejet

No price at all, and I like Carson Wentz. 

We'd have to give up our 1st and 2nd along with probably our 4th. We need offensive linemen. I dont mind giving up a draft pick for a QB, but not half of our draft picks, especially for a rookie who imo shouldnt see the field this season. 

Spending that much doesnt mean that he must see the field, but your intentions are to spend that much then it should be for a person who is seeing the field this season. I'd rather see who we're looking at at #20. 

We need rookie Tackles and Centers more than we need rookie QB's. 

4 minutes ago, SayNoToDMC said:

If the front office where relatively sure about him I'd give them our entire draft. No big deal. We finally get a QB and I'll just pretend it's an Idzik draft where nobody other than our first rounder will be on the roster the following year anyway.

This. If they truly believe that one of the QBs is going to be great, I'd be fine giving up whatever we had to in order to get him. 

When it comes to a franchise QB, there's no such thing as too expensive. 

If the Jets are convinced that one of the QB's in this draft could be the answer for them, then they should do whatever it takes to make sure they land him, including trading up for the #1 pick.  The Jets need to go balls out to get a franchise QB each and every time the opportunity presents itself until they get one.

You guys are all wrong. 

The redskins had the 6th pick, and traded 2 more first round picks and a 2nd round pick... Just for the 2nd.. Like it or not they set the value for that pick.

In a draft with a bona-fide Andrew luck type prospect? Probably 3 first round picks, 2 second round picks and maybe two 4th's

JMO people are bashing Carson Wentz in this thread because we can't actually get him. If the Jets had let's say the 4th pick in the draft, we wouldn't be sh*tting all over Carson Wentz. 

as for moving up it takes a ton of ammo to get to 1, with 6 picks total the Jets don't have that type of ammo right now. But other teams do for example the LA rams have 2 2nds and Case Keenum is their starter. They could package their 15th, the 2 2nds and next year's 1 to get up to the Titans pick (using the trade value chart) 

58 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I personally think Wentz is overhyped. I think if a QB Macc like's drops he will take him.(Probably Lynch) but other than that there will be no trading up in this draft. We have too many holes and only 6 picks. I can actually see us trading down if anything.

"Too many holes" should never be a reason to trade down in a draft.  You don't draft for need.  Draft quality players, so you won't have those holes in the future.  Tannenbaum traded away picks like candy, then made awful selections with all of those picks in the post-Mangold/Brick year.  Idzik had 12 picks and blew it on nearly all of them. 

If Macc thinks we can stick and pick and end up with a QB we like, OR that there aren't any QB's in the first round worth taking, we should stick and pick.  IF he loves a QB we should move up to take him, though I can't possibly see us having the ammo to move up more than about 9 spots to do so.  But trading down makes little sense.  What player will be there at 20 that someone covets enough to move up?  A QB that we hate but someone else loves? 

1 hour ago, SayNoToDMC said:

If the front office where relatively sure about him I'd give them our entire draft. No big deal. We finally get a QB and I'll just pretend it's an Idzik draft where nobody other than our first rounder will be on the roster the following year anyway.

It's not like we always had a lot of pics under Mike T. anyway.

56 minutes ago, bitonti said:

JMO people are bashing Carson Wentz in this thread because we can't actually get him. If the Jets had let's say the 4th pick in the draft, we wouldn't be sh*tting all over Carson Wentz. 

as for moving up it takes a ton of ammo to get to 1, with 6 picks total the Jets don't have that type of ammo right now. But other teams do for example the LA rams have 2 2nds and Case Keenum is their starter. They could package their 15th, the 2 2nds and next year's 1 to get up to the Titans pick (using the trade value chart) 

You know, if the Titans could pull that off, they could actually be well on the way to fixing that team.

1 hour ago, ChuckkieB said:

If the Jets are convinced that one of the QB's in this draft could be the answer for them, then they should do whatever it takes to make sure they land him, including trading up for the #1 pick.  The Jets need to go balls out to get a franchise QB each and every time the opportunity presents itself until they get one.

Agree 

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

I actually agree with you completely.  I like wentz a lot and the biggest most glaring critique is he didn't play D1 but he looks great. If we had a chance to get him people would be salivating. 

1 hour ago, BurnleyJet said:

There isn't a QB in this years draft that's worth moving to 1, and if there was, no one drafting 1st would trade that away.

You're completely wrong!! The Titans just took a QB...They wouldn't take another one..

I would've paid "almost" any price to get from #6 to #2 last year for Mariota.   Moving 4 spots was possibly their best opportunity for another decade.

Picking in the mediocre team teens and 20s is almost a complete waste of time without a QB.

1 hour ago, RoadFan said:

I would've paid "almost" any price to get from #6 to #2 last year for Mariota.   Moving 4 spots was possibly their best opportunity for another decade.

Picking in the mediocre team teens and 20s is almost a complete waste of time without a QB.

Would you still do that?   I am not a Mariota believer (wasn't then either)

4 hours ago, SayNoToDMC said:

Agree this QB hungry franchise needs to deliver us all a QB who can win it for us. 

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Would you still do that?   I am not a Mariota believer (wasn't then either)

Absolutely.  Mariota played with either the worst or 2nd worst (Browns) group of offensive talent in the league.  He showed poise, leadership, accuracy, and the willingness to become a pocket passer on a really bad team with no running game and below average pass protection.  Tennessee is trying to surround him with some pieces.  You will see leaps and bounds better from him in years 2 and 3.

Archived