#6 picks based on the value chart

Nice picture ; Sons of Anarchy ; don't mess with August Marks

2 minutes ago, KRL said:

Mentioned on Francessa's show today, supposedly DAL wants to jump
back into the bottom of the first round and has talked to the 
Jets.  If it goes down DAL would have to give us their #2, #3 and

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Wilkerson and the #20 for the #4. Jerry Jones can bite my sack otherwise. 

I was thinking the same thing (not about your sack) but I think the OP is saying Dallas wants to add a late first round pick, not give up their own first round pick.  

Just now, AFJF said:

I was thinking the same thing (not about your sack) but I think the OP is saying Dallas wants to add a late first round pick, not give up their own first round pick.  

How about #20 for their 2016 2nd rounder and their 2017 1st rounder.

Just now, AFJF said:

I got that, but the only way you do that is if you get their 2017 first in exchange. If Jones has a player he wants at the end of Rd 1, you gotta hold him up for it. Dropping back into the 2nd for an extra third is crap.

14 minutes ago, KRL said:

It's essentially moving back 16 spots to get an early 3rd rounder.  I would pass on this...

15 minutes ago, KRL said:

no way unless their 2017 1st round pick is included.  Without that...  no deal.

17 minutes ago, KRL said:

Francessa didn't by chance let us know the source of his little rumor, did he?

Francesa also reported on Friday that Dallas traded up for the #1 pick, as his source was Minko.

However Minko at the time was listening to a live mock draft on NFL Radio with trades so he got confused. This actually happened.

I like the idea of Mac being open to moving either direction depending on how the action plays out on draft day ... Or even sooner, if he believes the benefit is large enough to make the move worth it .

that being said , isn't a year later's pick supposed to be one round better for equal value? ... So in addition to the lower picks, I would def push for the 2017 1st rounder over the 2016 2nd rounder.

2 hours ago, KRL said:

If thats true and depending on how the draft breaks this would be great. Im always a fan of trading down for the right price. 

5 hours ago, AFJF said:

If we trade out for anything less than next year's first and a pretty decent haul this year, I will have a stroke. 

1. we are in win now mode, no way we trade out

2. trading down sucks. people think its "smart" but the truth is the further down you go the sh*ttier the picks end up being in the long run. look at Bellicheck....guy has been picking in the second round forever and only won once he spent some first rounders on D and payed a lot of money for free agents

1. we are in win now mode, no way we trade out

2. trading down sucks. people think its "smart" but the truth is the further down you go the sh*ttier the picks end up being in the long run. look at Bellicheck....guy has been picking in the second round forever and only won once he spent some first rounders on D and payed a lot of money for free agents

1) The 4th oldest team in the NFL without a legitimate QB is not in a "win now" mode. They need as many draft picks as possible to get younger and faster.

2) BB and the Pats are near the bottom of the league in FA spending over the years.

1) The 4th oldest team in the NFL without a legitimate QB is not in a "win now" mode. They need as many draft picks as possible to get younger and faster.

2) BB and the Pats are near the bottom of the league in FA spending over the years.

Right, but they went 10 years without winning a SB until they spent money on FA's and stopped trading down.

25 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

this would make sense for the jets since i continue to believe they would take cook early 2nd round.  it would be interesting to see the demand for the jets pick if teams are bidding for lynch.

Wouldn't teams want to jump AHEAD of the Jets if Lynch were still on the board after pick #18??

13 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Francesa also reported on Friday that Dallas traded up for the #1 pick, as his source was Minko.

However Minko at the time was listening to a live mock draft on NFL Radio with trades so he got confused. This actually happened.

No way.

This type of thing would happen on the draft floor, if all top 3 qbs are gone by some chance and the top lt's and pass rusher is gone the jets might be faced with the top for or 5 guys on their board being dline or 2nd tier corners or wr they may not love.  Dallas might like cook better than the jets or a dlineman. Might make sense to trade down in that scenario.

16 hours ago, KRL said:

So, based on that Dallas would keep the fourth pick and then have the number 20 pick for 2nd, 3rd and 6th picks. F THAT. I know Mac wants more picks, but that is not a trade I would make. T0m Shane's idea of Mo and the number four for the 20 pick sounds better than fair and it helps both teams. Dallas gets the DL they need and at 20 can still add a decent player. Meanwhile the Jets would get Jared Goff or Wentz, which I would be ecstatic about. Would mean a season of losing with Geno while the two young guys develop and battle it out in 2017, but at least there might be a light at the end of this long tunnel. They could still sign Fitz back, but he would know it is basically a one year deal.

The talk out here is that they would do it to get a running back to go with that O line.  (I live in Dallas).

But there hasn't been much talk about it, just some possibilities.  The only thing Jerry keeps saying is that they aren't going QB with the #4 pick.  Which, means.. well, nothing.

2 hours ago, Ex-Rex said:

So, based on that Dallas would keep the fourth pick and then have the number 20 pick for 2nd, 3rd and 6th picks. F THAT. I know Mac wants more picks, but that is not a trade I would make. T0m Shane's idea of Mo and the number four for the 20 pick sounds better than fair and it helps both teams. Dallas gets the DL they need and at 20 can still add a decent player. Meanwhile the Jets would get Jared Goff or Wentz, which I would be ecstatic about. Would mean a season of losing with Geno while the two young guys develop and battle it out in 2017, but at least there might be a light at the end of this long tunnel. They could still sign Fitz back, but he would know it is basically a one year deal.

Dallas plays a 4-3 now, so Mo isn't a great fit.  I don't believe Dallas has the cap space to sign a 16 million dollar DE.  They could draft someone, Bosa maybe, who might be as good as Mo in their system and cost 1/3 as much.

On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 7:14 PM, KRL said:

It's a no brainer the Jets should take that offer if it's true.

Paxton Lynch has BUST written all over him.

Archived