Geno Smith Trade Speculation Rumors: MERGED

AFJF

Five pages pages of pure hate that I chose not to read.

For Geno's sake, I hope now that they do trade him. He needs to get away from this fan circus that is beyond anything I have ever seen in my near 50 years of following this team.

The young man has talent, and he will never get a chance to show it off here.

To those of you who think Petty will do just as well as Geno, pray Fitz stays healthy.

If not, I look forward to reading the mass whining for all his bandwagon supporters as they jump ship and express there thoughts that " maybe it's time to give Hack a chance" and ruin him as well.

Now don't get me wrong, I like what I have seen from Petty in pre season ,the kid a gun slinger. Yet, I damn well know that the regular season is a whole different level and he won't be playing against backups and third stringers.

So there is a large possibility that should Fitz get hurt, very high odds this season, he will be thrown to the wolves too early and we will ruin another young talent.

So Geno good luck where ever you land, I have a sinking feeling you are going to come back and bite us in the butt.

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

That's the key, it was a good read, and if the player he threw to wasn't a bum, then no pick-6. 

I'm shocked that people jumped off the bandwagon from 1 play. ******* nancies.

You're shocked?  

Im not

1 hour ago, jfmckenna said:

Not literally. Figuratively.

I know someone will post some sort of story sailing that their mother had cancer and their brother had AIDS.

Not interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you knew but yet you still thought you'd go for it.

kind of makes it even dumber

11 minutes ago, fltflo said:

For Geno's sake, I hope now that they do trade him. He needs to get away from this fan circus that is beyond anything I have ever seen in my near 50 years of following this team.

To those of you who think Petty will do just as well as Geno, pray Fitz stays healthy.

If not, I look forward to reading the mass whining for all his bandwagon supporters as they jump ship and express there thoughts that " maybe it's time to give Hack a chance" and ruin him as well.

Now don't get me wrong, I like what I have seen from Petty in pre season ,the kid a gun slinger. Yet, I damn well know that the regular season is a whole different level and he won't be playing against backups and third stringers.

So there is a large possibility that should Fitz get hurt, very high odds this season, he will be thrown to the wolves too early and we will ruin another young talent.

So Geno good luck where ever you land, I have a sinking feeling you are going to come back and bite us in the butt.

I agree GREAT POST 

19 minutes ago, fltflo said:

I was a geno optimist until the Raiders game. He lost me that day even though he had an ok stat line.  The two bone headed losses after running out of bounds were inexcusable for a third year quarterback. Even my wife who is a casual football fan was screaming at the tv to "throw it away!!"

I was curious this pre season to see him play but still he looks uncomfortable or confused,  I cant place it.  

Petty looks like he has some command and confidence. Maybe it was the redshirt year that geno wasn't given but it is what it is. 

Time for geno to move on. Good luck to him. 

I was a geno optimist until the Raiders game. He lost me that day even though he had an ok stat line.  The two bone headed losses after running out of bounds were inexcusable for a third year quarterback. Even my wife who is a casual football fan was screaming at the tv to "throw it away!!"

I was curious this pre season to see him play but still he looks uncomfortable or confused,  I cant place it.  

Petty looks like he has some command and confidence. Maybe it was the redshirt year that geno wasn't given but it is what it is. 

Time for geno to move on. Good luck to him. 

Just a thought, I agree there were a few bonehead plays. Too often Geno has held the ball

too long in hopes of making a play, very bad habit.

You know what's funny though, this year before running out of bounds he threw the ball away and the haters still gave him crap about it and booed him. B

24 minutes ago, fltflo said:

I'm leaning towards the 4 QB route, at least to begin the season, for the reason that you mention of giving Petty the "kid glove" treatment and not force him into "on the job" improvement in 2016 ... And let him have 2017 to go out there and show what he's made of ... Possibly in competition vs. Hack at that time.

not because Geno has shown much to indicate his 2016 performance will be better than Petty's if called upon ... But I'll still give him a 1/2 step lead ... But it was about 15 steps (although still very slow) at the beginning of training camp.

whoever we have to cut to get to 53 man roster at that point will have a 1000% better chance of "coming back to bite us" than letting Geno go will.

if Dallas does offer us a 6 or better pick I think I do roll the dice though ... JMO

And, good luck wherever you land.

Because if you are still supporting Geno Smith, after all we've seen, then you are clearly doing so for non-football reasons.

So take your agenda elsewhere.

And, good luck wherever you land.

Because if you are still supporting Geno Smith, after all we've seen, then you are clearly doing so for non-football reasons.

So take your agenda elsewhere.

Your hate and biased has been clear from the start. One wonders what's the root of all same crap that you continually post over and over.

So take your agenda and put it where the sun don't shine

44 minutes ago, fltflo said:

Good post.

I'm not a Geno fan, but some of the hate he's gotten has been ridiculous. A change of scenery is needed. Don't know if it will do him any good. But I don't root for QBs to fail so best of luck to him wherever he goes.

All this has me pissed that we didn't draft Teddy Bridgewater and even more pissed missed out on Jameis Winston and Marcus Mariota.

Wasted our time with Geno. Oh well, it is what it is :(

Your hate and biased has been clear from the start. One wonders what's the root of all same crap that you continually post over and over.

So take your agenda and put it where the sun don't shine

What a clever retort.

You are clearly supporting Geno Smith for non-football reasons.

Because if you're supporting him for football reasons, then you haven't got a clue.

Carry on, son.

27 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

Great thread.  Personally, I think the asking price starts in the third round.  Maybe a fourth that bumps to a third if he exceeds expectations.

Is this a joke?  Geno might, MIGHT, fetch a conditional 6th or 7th.

31 minutes ago, fltflo said:

Just a thought, I agree there were a few bonehead plays. Too often Geno has held the ball

too long in hopes of making a play, very bad habit.

You know what's funny though, this year before running out of bounds he threw the ball away and the haters still gave him crap about it and booed him. B

Yeah, because it took him 4 years to figure out that's the smart thing to do... And his fans like to position it as an 'improvement'.

The over-focus this offseason on Geno Smith has been nothing short of bizarre. "He needs a change of scenery"- who F'ing cares? He wasnt a high pick, he wasnt good against good teams in college. Why is there such a concern over a forgettable player? Did Kellen Clemens need a change of scenery? For ****s sake guys...

19 minutes ago, King P said:

Good post.

I'm not a Geno fan, but some of the hate he's gotten has been ridiculous. A change of scenery is needed. Don't know if it will do him any good. But I don't root for QBs to fail so best of luck to him wherever he goes.

All this has me pissed that we didn't draft Teddy Bridgewater and even more pissed missed out on Jameis Winston and Marcus Mariota.

Wasted our time with Geno. Oh well, it is what it is :(

Some of it. Not nearly all of it. Most of us see a sh*tty football player. The hate narrative is mostly reactionary from his supporters, since they have run out of valid defenses of how bad he sucks.

Just like when patriots fans ran out of excuses for the cheating, they began the 'stop hating' narrative, for lack of better arguments.

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Yeah, because it took him 4 years to figure out that's the smart thing to do... And his fans like to position it as an 'improvement'.

So, now that Petty is in his 2nd year and still can't apparently beat out Geno for the backup job, when do we get to label Petty as a bust? Is it next year? Or will we hear an endless litany of how Petty never got a fair chance?

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Some of it. Not nearly all of it. Most of us see a sh*tty football player. The hate narrative is mostly reactionary from his supporters, since they have run out of valid defenses of how bad he sucks.

Just like when patriots fans ran out of excuses for the cheating, they began the 'stop hating' narrative, for lack of better arguments.

So being a subpar football player is enough to warrant all the crap people give him? I don't think so. If you want to criticize him for his subpar play, fine. I don't take issue with that. I do however take issue with some of the rude, nasty, uncalled for comments he constantly gets. Booing him before he even takes a snap? That's ridiculous. You would think he's a Patriot with some of the stuff spewed at him.

Even if he sucks, he's still a Jet. Wouldn't you want to root for him to do better? As a Jets fan, I root for the name on the front of the jersey, not the back. Rooting for a Jet to fail for the most part doesn't make sense to me.

It is what it is, I'm over it

So, now that Petty is in his 2nd year and still can't apparently beat out Geno for the backup job, when do we get to label Petty as a bust? Is it next year? Or will we hear an endless litany of how Petty never got a fair chance?

Take your act elsewhere.

1 minute ago, jfmckenna said:

Take your act elsewhere.

I'm just wondering when we can label a guy as a bust whose whole career consists of a decent game against a mediocre team's 3rd stringers. 

I hope we don't waste time with Hackenberg like we did Geno

If we miss out on Deshawn Watson & Brad Kaaya next year to build up Hackenberg and he flops, I might personally drive to Florham Park and personally kick Maccagnan in the nuts (if he's still employed)

I hope we don't waste time with Hackenberg like we did Geno

If we miss out on Deshawn Watson & Brad Kaaya next year to build up Hackenberg and he flops, I might personally drive to Florham Park and personally kick Maccagnan in the nuts (if he's still employed)

I agree with you on this one.

I think reaching for Hackenberg was a mistake

What a clever retort.

You are clearly supporting Geno Smith for non-football reasons.

Because if you're supporting him for football reasons, then you haven't got a clue.

Carry on, son.

Son, you've got to be kidding me, " kid," oh sorry, wouldn't want anyone thinking I was trying to elicit sympathy for you, I mean young man. I have shoes older then you, I have followed this team for almost 50 years, how about you.

The reason I support Geno is because I think the kid has talent. I don't count the first two years he played because he was in over his head. I think if he gets more time under the center he can be a viable starter in the NFL.

I think we would both agree that yes he has made bonehead mistakes. Yet, there have been many NFL quarterbacks giving more playing time were able to correct this.

At this point, I think the best thing for Geno is to be traded to another team and get a fresh start. Yet don't be surprised if we sorry at some point we let them get away.

3 hours ago, jfmckenna said:

You just answered the question.

If a team wants Geno Smith, they will wait for him to be cut.

No one wants Geno Smith, just like no one wants cancer wrapped in AIDS.

I could say this is low even for you but that wouldn't be accurate. It's right on par for you. 

Son, you've got to be kidding me, " kid," oh sorry, wouldn't want anyone thinking I was trying to elicit sympathy for you, I mean young man. I have shoes older then you, I have followed this team for almost 50 years, how about you.

The reason I support Geno is because I think the kid has talent. I don't count the first two years he played because he was in over his head. I think if he gets more time under the center he can be a viable starter in the NFL.

I think we would both agree that yes he has made bonehead mistakes. Yet, there have been many NFL quarterbacks giving more playing time were able to correct this.

At this point, I think the best thing for Geno is to be traded to another team and get a fresh start. Yet don't be surprised if we sorry at some point we let them get away.

Son, I have socks older than you.

Show some respect, you piece of sh*t.

That said, you're right. Geno does need a change of scenery. Get him out of here.

12 minutes ago, jfmckenna said:

Geno Smith can't read this.

WTF is the matter with you?

Geno sucks, Geno's stupid, Geno's the worst, you're one obsessed fan who just can't get enough of Geno 

If Geno is traded (not saying he will be, but if) it would be for the same reasons a team trades for a player 'likely' to be released:

1. the Team may NOT release the player (maybe they carry 4 - not likely but maybe)

2. the salary; Geno is scheduled to make 1 million; it may sound like a lot, but he would likely get more in open market if a team wanted to sign him as a #2

3. the trading team either doesn't want to compete (or thinks they will loose) for signing the FA

4. they don't want to wait the extra week (or 2 since the jets could wait until Sheldon gets back) to get the player

If it is for one of these reasons, the trade won't be great. Maybe the send a 7th, maybe they send a player where they have depth. But, just because a player is 'likely' to get cut, doesn't mean a team won't trade for him.

35 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

imagejpeg

SAR I

Son, I have socks older than you.

Show some respect, you piece of sh*t.

That said, you're right. Geno does need a change of scenery. Get him out of here.

Pretty brave behind your IPhone keypad aren't you. Wonder how brave you would be in the s**t.

Yet like a lot young men on these boards who still live in

Mom and Dads basement and talk crap you don't faze me.

Your youth and hate shines clear enough for everyone to see exactly the type of person you are.

And on that note, I will allow you the last personal insult, so you can feel better about yourself that you won.

Archived