Revis: Merged

Freemanm

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Take out the blown coverage (which will happen in the first few weeks and with younger players) and that sick catch he made with Revis hanging all over him, how bad did he really look. I hate the soft cushion thing too, but except for the missed tackle (Revis is normally very good tackler) and the stupid face mask (by another player) we MIGHT have pulled this out.

He clearly isn't the player he used to be, but even the old (really new) Revis had games where elite WRs beat him. Certain WRs always game him trouble - he did better on big strong dominating WRs as opposed to shifty fast WRs.

Either way, not sure what people are expecting; if your bar is NEVER get beat by an Elite WR, then not sure who would meet your expectations. It was my understanding that Revis could be cut by the 3rd year (or maybe 4th); so, soon enough you will have your precious cap space back; of course, it wasn't like our other CBs or the safety (who blew the double coverage) is going to make you happy either.

10 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Hopefully this week but was an aberration but, if not, then he's right up there.

This week? Aberration? Did you not watch week 17 last year? Or the game against Hopkins? Or many other instances of Revis being good but not great? This isn't a one time thing anymore. 

For a team with cap probs esp and pretty much little money left to sign players this season he's imo 7mil overpaid for this season and next year is almost the same thing. I love having him on this team but he was foolishly overpaid last year. Kind of hard to say he's the most overpaid because he's still a valuable asset, but it's one of the worst contracts for a team in the NFL. 

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

Bellichek wasnt impressed w/ him the year he was on the patriots.  

Revis has never been the same since the injury.  Add the wrong side of 30 on top of that, and you have a declining player on your hands.

he will be asked to restructure and if he doesnt, he might be gone.

Lol I'm okay with him leaving to be honest .. Wouldn't bother me one bit 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Do you understand the game of football have you ever played a down of organized football take your Revis argument elsewhere I'm not wasting my time or energy with you. 

Yes and yes. There was a time that Revis didn't need help underneath or over the top. That's not the case anymore. This thread has to do with the amount of money he is paid. He is being paid like a one on one shut down corner. He's not playing like one. 

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Yes and yes. There was a time that Revis didn't need help underneath or over the top. That's not the case anymore. This thread has to do with the amount of money he is paid. He is being paid like a one on one shut down corner. He's not playing like one. 

We are paying Fitz $12 million he isn't worth 12 cents 

4 hours ago, Freemanm said:

Revis makes $14m and is supposed to be the guy to shut down the other team's elite receivers.

Revis will spend all his snaps TRYING to not give up the big play and TD by applying mega-cushion and giving up 5 - 7 at a time. 

Except, of course, when he gets scorched by elite receivers like he did today. 

Archived