MANISH vs BIG MO

BRONX DUDE

On WFAN radio this evening in NY Manish Mehta laced into Mo Wilkerson this evening talking to Steve Sommers.

I realize that Mehta is no favorite on this board but I am sure this will be back page news tomorrow in the NY Daily news.

He called Big MO a total "non- Professional" several times and invisible this year after signing a huge contract.

Obviously Mo is the player that Sheldon Richardson has been hinting has not been giving 100% effort once BIG Mo signed his huge deal this off season.

WOW!!!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, BRONX DUDE said:

On WFAN radio this evening in NY Manish Mehta laced into Mo Wilkerson this evening talking to Steve Sommers.

I realize that Mehta is no favorite on this board but I am sure this will be back page news tomorrow in the NY Daily news.

He called Big MO a total "non- Professional" several times and invisible this year after signing a huge contract.

Obviously Mo is the player that Sheldon Richardson has been hinting has not been giving 100% effort once BIG Mo signed his huge deal this off season.

WOW!!!

NpOGKcon_normal.jpg Manish Mehta (@MMehtaNYDN)
@kzbball Professionals are accountable win or lose. Leaders are accountable... win or lose. See: Marshall, Fitzpatrick, Decker, Forte.
Mo Wilkerson should learn from Marshall, Fitz, Forte & Mangold on how to show accountability after a tough loss. That's how real leaders act
Mo Wilkerson spent 80 seconds showing no accountability after Jets loss today. None. Kept repeating same phrase. Leader? Give. Me. A. Break

Manish is hurt. 

11 minutes ago, peebag said:

Listen, I'm as disappointed as the next Jets fan but c'mon....it's Manish.

He's a giant turd. 

He is, but there's a clear difference between how some act after subpar play and how others shrug it off like who cares. 

Marshall has had his share of bad plays (in case no one noticed) but at least he didn't act like it was still everyone else's fault. His reaction was that he said he played so bad his ass should be walking home. Or Sheldon, the way he looks infuriated after any loss, whether he personally had a good game or not. Whether he's used correctly or not he doesn't dog it and you can see his blood boiling under his face when he senses others care and are putting forth so much less effort.

It's a symptom of something larger. Do you care about winning every time you're out there, or do you merely like it better than losing but in the end BFD just get paid and it's all good? 

21 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Do you care about winning every time you're out there, or do you merely like it better than losing but in the end BFD just get paid and it's all good? 

Sanchez was great at showing how much he cared about losing. He ought to have been. He had enough ******* practice. This is just another symptom of the loser-ass Jets fan condition. We're holding up guys who act the right way after they play like crap as examples for the guy who doesn't play like crap. Good grief.

Just now, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Sanchez was great at showing how much he cared about losing. He ought to have been. He had enough ******* practice. This is just another symptom of the loser-ass Jets fan condition. We're holding up guys who act the right way after they play like crap as examples for the guy who doesn't play like crap. Good grief.

Sanchez used to sulk in the closing minutes of losses and make lame excuses on the podium like, uh yeah uh there were probably a coupla brows I'd like to have back and uh something else about shifting the blame onto others. He sucked.

I'm not saying if one doesn't play the part of the angry loon after a loss like our very own T.O. then he doesn't care. But it seems some do and the line on Mo is he either doesn't or doesn't as much. 

No argument that being pissed after a loss is a substitute for playing well enough from start to finish to help the team turn a loss into a win. 

These guys are losers. Just pointing out some at least seem to care about the losing more than others, like the two highest-paid players that seem to act like it's no big deal. 

9 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

These guys are losers. Just pointing out some at least seem to care about the losing more than others, like the two highest-paid players that seem to act like it's no big deal. 

I might be going out on a limb here but I think it is possible to care about something while not being vocal to the world about it.

9 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

Only a fool would trust Manish

If he was smarter he'd realize that going so hard after one person makes it look more personal than reporting. He's not smarter, though, and he lays it on so thickly anyone would have to wonder what else is going on between him and the object of his ire.

He may be totally correct here about Mo, but there is at least a bit of his unmistakable stench of boy who cried wolf as well. He is a childish and petty tool, transparently trying to make himself more famous.

8 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I might be going out on a limb here but I think it is possible to care about something while not being vocal to the world about it.

And I suggested otherwise? I just said you can see some that do, not that anyone who doesn't must therefore not care at all. 

Sheldon is a borderline psychopath, and Marshall's own demons have hardly been kept a secret. Some may not just wear their post-game frustration the same, but when teammates more than hint that not everyone cares it's easy to take notice. Especially while the team is losing and its two highest paid players seem not to be holding up their end. 

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

And I suggested otherwise? I just said you can see some that do, not that anyone who doesn't must therefore not care at all. 

Sheldon is a borderline psychopath, and Marshall's own demons have hardly been kept a secret. Some may not just wear their post-game frustration the same, but when teammates more than hint that not everyone cares it's easy to take notice. Especially while the team is losing and its two highest paid players seem not to be holding up their end. 

Maybe he internalizes his pain. Like Andy Dufresne.

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

If he was smarter he'd realize that going so hard after one person makes it look more personal than reporting. He's not smarter, though, so he lays it on so thickly anyone would have to wonder what else is going on between him and the object of his ire.

He may be totally correct here about Mo, but there is at least a bit of his unmistakable stench of boy who cried wolf as well. He is a childish and petty tool, transparently trying to make himself more famous.

He showed up one day on JI so he could start spamming his own articles and would threaten to fight posters that talked badly about him. It was funny though to see how delusional he is, that he really thinks jets fans don't see right through his self-serving garbage. What a hack 

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Maybe he internalizes his pain. Like Andy Dufresne.

I could see why some of the players took Mo for being snobby. He had a quiet way about him, a walk and a talk that just wasn't normal around NFL lockerrooms. He strolled, like a man in a park without a care or a worry in the world, like he had on an invisible coat that would shield him from the bright lights of NYC.

Yeah, I think it would be fair to say...I liked Mo from the start.

9 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

So which is it?  In the OP it sounds Manish is accusing. O of not playing, not giving  100%.

The actual quote is that Mo isn't accountable after losses.  Two different things, completely.  

totally agree with this 100%

the part of Sheldon saying he doesnt know if everyone is giving 100% concerns me more.  this could be a well timed temper tantrum from man-ish or maybe he is trying to pick a fight with Mo. he should have security around him because i have the feeling that mo has a long fuse and you dont want to reach the end of it. 

Really.... Does man-ish take it this personal if a guy slacks after getting paid?

Manish has ZERO credibility - NONE!. 

What he says may very well be true - or it may not have any truth to it whatsoever.  He will make anything up to fit a narrative he wants to project - true or untrue.

To listen to a word this man says or writes would be an exercise in futility - 100% waste of time.

12 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Manish has ZERO credibility - NONE!. 

What he says may very well be true - or it may not have any truth to it whatsoever.  He will make anything up to fit a narrative he wants to project - true or untrue.

To listen to a word this man says or writes would be an exercise in futility - 100% waste of time.

Heh.  How can someone have zero cred and be right sometimes?  Not they can't depending on what you mean by zero cred, but just how is not apparen from your post.

To be clear I have no dog in this hunt, meaning I am not a MM fan.  But realistically the NYDN is not going to pay someone who they think has "zero cred".

On the OP, despite the lack of faith fans have in MM, I find it hard to believe this line about Wilk is just plain made up.  As some have said maybe Wilk is keeping his unhappiness to himself.  But combine the lack of visible caring with his new contract and his lack of production, and I think there is cause for concern.  It all fits.

2 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

Heh.  How can someone have zero cred and be right sometimes?  Not they can't depending on what you mean by zero cred, but just how is not apparen from your post.

To be clear I have no dog in this hunt, meaning I am not a MM fan.  But realistically the NYDN is not going to pay someone who they think has "zero cred".

On the OP, despite the lack of faith fans have in MM, I find it hard to believe this line about Wilk is just plain made up.  As some have said maybe Wilk is keeping his unhappiness to himself.  But combine the lack of visible caring with his new contract and his lack of production, and I think there is cause for concern.  It all fits.

Just look at this board....tell me if anyone really believes what he writes .  The NYDN couldn't care less what credibility he has - as long as people click on his stories and  buy their papers.  Media integrity is LONG GONE...

He can be right simply because it fits his narrative.  Meaning he's making it up either way, but in some cases it might actually be true.  I can make things up - like he's dogging it, or doesn't take accountability - doesn't mean I know anything specifically - just that I'm trying tell a story...that's how someone can be right and still have no credibility.

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Just look at this board....tell me if anyone really believes what he writes .  The NYDN couldn't care less what credibility he has - as long as people click on his stories and  buy their papers.  Media integrity is LONG GONE...

He can be right simply because it fits his narrative.  Meaning he's making it up either way, but in some cases it might actually be true.  I can make things up - like he's dogging it, or doesn't take accountability - doesn't mean I know anything specifically - just that I'm trying tell a story...that's how someone can be right and still have no credibility.

I don't buy at all that newspapers care nothing about their credibility.  Now of course they care about other things, profitability being one of them.  They are after all capitalistic enterprises.  But... they sell a product, and in order to do so they must have a product people will want to buy.  I think some people still want facts and truth in what they get from the news.  So to say they do not care about credibility is an overstatement, at the very least.

More to the OP's point your rant about the media has nothing to do with whether there is a problem with Wilkerson, or not. 

2 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

I don't buy at all that newspapers care nothing about their credibility.  Now of course they care about other things, profitability being one of them.  They are after all capitalistic enterprises.  But... they sell a product, and in order to do so they must have a product people will want to buy.  I think some people still want facts and truth in what they get from the news.  So to say they do not care about credibility is an overstatement, at the very least.

More to the OP's point your rant about the media has nothing to do with whether there is a problem with Wilkerson, or not. 

First of all...you brought up the media..I brought up Mehta.  So please don't tell me to follow the OP.  I was referencing one specific person and you brought up the NYDN.

Mehta is a tool that has made things up on multiple occasions - there is zero reason to believe him and that is entirely the point of the thread.  It is what Mehta had to say.

He showed up one day on JI so he could start spamming his own articles and would threaten to fight posters that talked badly about him. It was funny though to see how delusional he is, that he really thinks jets fans don't see right through his self-serving garbage. What a hack 

I miss RayRay constantly blaming the media for all the Jets problems.

Archived