Rex to be fired as soon as Monday: Report

Maxman

7 minutes ago, jeaniec said:

The latest news is that Tyrod will start and Rex is still with us.  If we go 9-7 or win our last 3 games,   Rex will be with us next year.  

Don't see the point of getting rid of T-Mobile unless Cardale Jones has been tearing it up in practice which is possible 

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I think benching the QB would be a mistake. His TD production is low, but so are his INTs, that would be what you would want for a Rex QB (low INTs).

I hope the Jets beat the Bills on 1/1. So that would make the Bills 8 and 8 if the win the other games I think. But I do hope Rex is back in Buffalo next year. :)

Taylor has been throwing to absolut scrubs

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

I think benching the QB would be a mistake. His TD production is low, but so are his INTs, that would be what you would want for a Rex QB (low INTs).

I hope the Jets beat the Bills on 1/1. So that would make the Bills 8 and 8 if the win the other games I think. But I do hope Rex is back in Buffalo next year. :)

I agree that benching Tyrod would be a mistake.  I am disappointed with the bad rap he is getting in Buffalo.  I still have faith in him.  The Pegulas are very slow to fire anyone.  I understand that there's some dissention between Whaley and Ryan.  Of course,  there was dissention between Whaley and Marrone too.  I think Whaley is a good G.M. but I also sense he could be difficult to get along with.  Getting back to Rex and Tyrod,  we can't keep changing coaches and QB's and expect to get to the playoffs.

3 minutes ago, jeaniec said:

I agree that benching Tyrod would be a mistake.  I am disappointed with the bad rap he is getting in Buffalo.  I still have faith in him.  The Pegulas are very slow to fire anyone.  I understand that there's some dissention between Whaley and Ryan.  Of course,  there was dissention between Whaley and Marrone too.  I think Whaley is a good G.M. but I also sense he could be difficult to get along with.  Getting back to Rex and Tyrod,  we can't keep changing coaches and QB's and expect to get to the playoffs.

Well I want the Bills to bench Tyrod because I think he is good. I want the Bills to keep Rex because I think there will always be fighting behind the scenes as long as he is there.

Just now, Maxman said:

Well I want the Bills to bench Tyrod because I think he is good. I want the Bills to keep Rex because I think there will always be fighting behind the scenes as long as he is there.

I understand Max.  We probably would have a better shot at draft picks if we lose the next 3.  We are not going to make the playoffs.

I could see Woody wanting Fischer. Jeff Fischer. You know he's thinking this probably as I type this. A high profile coach who has basically won nothing and is probably burnt out is just what the doctor ordered. I hope I'm wrong on this but its a Woody move.

3 hours ago, AFJF said:

If there is any chance of Harbaugh leaving Michigan, the Jets should be picking up the phone to hire him.  So if the Rams are a possibility, why shouldn't the Jets be a possibility?

I thought that would be something meaningful for Jets fans to discuss.  

Turns out I was wrong, and we should rehash Rex again.   

There is no chance Harbaugh leaves Michigan. His Kid's are gonna graduate before he leaves that job. He's pretty revered  in Ann Arbor and it would take a boat load of cash and control for Jim Harbaugh to leave Michigan. Don't see him giving that all up for the mess the Jets would most likely be.

1 hour ago, jeaniec said:

As I mentioned earlier,  I think Whaley is a good G.M. but I also perceive him as someone who is  difficult to get along with.  I know Marrone had his problems with him.

Do you also perceive that Rex has effectively drawn and quartered every GM he's ever had because he's an idiot? 

1 hour ago, JetFaninMI said:

I could see Woody wanting Fischer. Jeff Fischer. You know he's thinking this probably as I type this. A high profile coach who has basically won nothing and is probably burnt out is just what the doctor ordered. I hope I'm wrong on this but its a Woody move.

Nothing about Woody and his past coaching hires says he's the type of coach Woody wants to hire.   Nothing.  

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Do you also perceive that Rex has effectively drawn and quartered every GM he's ever had because he's an idiot? 

LOL -  There's a definite change in Rex's personality.  I noticed it from the beginning of  the year.  He's more laid back or serious.

I think benching Taylor would be contract related. They signed a bit of an oddball deal wih him that has a big option due next year. He has injury protection as well so any late year injury more or less locks him in. Benching him gives them a chance to rework the deal to reflect his actual talent level.  The Bills whole front office needs a shakeup. They have done some of the worst contracts in the NFL. 

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Ah, it's good to hear you say that Tanny who you also despise was victimized by Rex. Very telling indeed. 

3 hours ago, jason423 said:

I think benching Taylor would be contract related. They signed a bit of an oddball deal wih him that has a big option due next year. He has injury protection as well so any late year injury more or less locks him in. Benching him gives them a chance to rework the deal to reflect his actual talent level.  The Bills whole front office needs a shakeup. They have done some of the worst contracts in the NFL. 

Plug it man, plug your site! You do amazing work.

Tyrod Taylor signed a five year, $90 million extension with the Buffalo Bills on August 13, 2016. Contract details come via a report by Mike Rodak of ESPN. Taylor’s initial guarantee consists of $37 million of which $9.5 million is guaranteed upon signing and another $27.5 million is guaranteed for injury only. In 2017 the Bills can exercise a $15.5 million option on Taylor. If the Bills decline the option and fail to release Taylor, Taylor’s 2017 salary wil escalate to a fully guaranteed $27.5 million. If the Bills pick up the option an additional $27.5 million in fully guaranteed salary can be earned in 2017 and 2018. Taylor can also earn additional incentives for performance.

The dead money for the Bills if they release Taylor and decline the option is $2.85 million. The numbers listed here represent a full option pickup.

http://overthecap.com/player/tyrod-taylor/1407/

Archived