League source comments on Sheldon trade value

AFJF

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

Or he has ruined his price by the snap chat video and the police chase. He has a sh*t attitude..no body wants to trade with that baggage attached.

alton smith might play again, and ray rice would be playing if there was no video...

the right coach/team and sheldumb can contribute, but why trade for him when you can wait for him to be released?

6 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Or he has ruined his price by the snap chat video and the police chase. He has a sh*t attitude..no body wants to trade with that baggage attached.

His multiple suspensions for failing drug tests are the real problem. He's one hot pee test away from a full year. 

The police stuff is minor in comparison. they were all misdemeanours in Missouri 

9 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Randy Moss disagrees

Except, for all his faults,Moss had actually produced on occasion.And in the end nobody wanted to overpay for his BS when that went away. Grant you he is playing out of position a lot, but he doesn't keep any OC up at night. Richardson's cutting out all the midcareer production and arrived right at the point of the graph where being a douchebag and being unproductive meet. Someone will give him a decent make work offer but he can forget Suh-type money unless may be Dan Snyder loses his mind.  

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

His multiple suspensions for failing drug tests are the real problem. He's one hot pee test away from a full year. 

The police stuff is minor in comparison. they were all misdemeanours in Missouri 

Not just a positive test, but a missed test will do it too. So if he sleeps in on the morning of a test then he's done for the year

1 minute ago, drdetroit said:

Jets should just let this fatass play out his contract which is the same thing they should have done with Wilk

No way. The defense plays better without him. He's poisonous to the locker room and defense. I would ship him off for whatever I can get.

The sooner he gets removed from the team, the sooner we can get back to playing Jets defense.

50 minutes ago, Larz said:

alton smith might play again, and ray rice would be playing if there was no video...

the right coach/team and sheldumb can contribute, but why trade for him when you can wait for him to be released?

He is not getting released, his option was picked up. He is getting 8mil gtd next year. Next best option is keep him next yr hope he is motivated to get paid and has a good year. Then let him walk as FA and get comp pick.

3 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Jets should just let this fatass play out his contract which is the same thing they should have done with Wilk

I totally agree. He'd be playing for a payday while being on the Jets. So the Jets benefit. That said, he should definitely NOT get that payday from the Jets.

I don't understand the Richardson love. When's the last time he made a critical play? Is he a game changer? NO. Well, at least not in a good way.

The last time the Jets DL looked like anything Richardson was on suspension. 'Nuff said.

Just now, RoadFan said:

Big surprise.   I wanted a 3rd, woulda taken a 4th at the deadline.

I said many times he would diminish in his own value....

Probably on purpose. He knows he's the odd man out and has publicly said it. The mid season Cowboy trade rumors confirmed it. He's spiteful even if it comes at his next contracts expense.

4 minutes ago, Barkus said:

He is not getting released, his option was picked up. He is getting 8mil gtd next year. Next best option is keep him next yr hope he is motivated to get paid and has a good year. Then let him walk as FA and get comp pick.

If they cut him, that's 8 million off the books next season, same as it was with Coples. That said, the best they can hope for is your scenario to come to fruition. Not sure this team can put up with his rot much anymore. 

6 minutes ago, Barkus said:

yup, I agree.  other GM's will wait for him

also like 49 d-lineman got drafted last year

4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Probably on purpose. He knows he's the odd man out and has publicly said it. The mid season Cowboy trade rumors confirmed it. He's spiteful even if it comes at his next contracts expense.

Who knows... The kid is immature, with a lack of conscience, and totally unprofessional. 

1 hour ago, Barkus said:

The team can still cut him and save the $$$ if they so desire. 

As others have said, get your money's worth.  Have him play next year, get his pretty good production and then he either takes a discount to play with us, or he walks and we get a 5th rounder in 3-4 years.  No one will pay him enough for a 3rd round comp so at best a late 4 but probably a late 5.

1 hour ago, Barkus said:

Hopefully he comes into camp 50 pounds lighter so that he can excel in his linebacker role.

1 hour ago, Barkus said:

Hopefully he comes into camp 50 pounds lighter so that he can excel in his linebacker role.

1 hour ago, Barkus said:

1 hour ago, Barkus said:

1 hour ago, RoadFan said:

Big surprise.   I wanted a 3rd, woulda taken a 4th at the deadline.

I said many times he would diminish in his own value....

"At least a first".... my ass....

And again, if he walks, we get a 3rd.  Any GM would be an idiot to sell a player for equal or lower value. How are you still missing that point? 

You don't ask for a first because you think you'll get it, you ask for a first because it can possibly net you a high 2nd after playing hardball or a team who needs that "final piece" to put them over gets desperate and gives you what you want.  

18 minutes ago, Hael said:

As others have said, get your money's worth.  Have him play next year, get his pretty good production and then he either takes a discount to play with us, or he walks and we get a 5th rounder in 3-4 years.  No one will pay him enough for a 3rd round comp so at best a late 4 but probably a late 5.

I highly doubt he won't net a contract worth a 3rd.  The league view on him is that he's a great player being played out of position.  This "source" is likely bullsh*tting to get him at a low price via trade.  Honestly, he's an idiot, but Sheldon plays hard, no silly stupid Snapchat is gonna change that.

Archived