Kevin Greene OLB Coach

KRL

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, AFJF said:

On this staff, somebody's gotta' do it.

Is that not their job ? You are hired to get your recruits ready so they can be deployed .  If they're not ready, why is that the fault of the General . Tell me something, so I may be educated  . Of all the remaining Position Coaches on the Jets from last season, were none of them as passionate as Kevin Greene ?

Just now, Tinstar said:

Is that not their job ? You are hired to get your recruits ready so they can be deployed .  If they're not ready, why is that the fault of the General . Tell me something, so I may be educated  . Of all the remaining Coaches on the Jets from last season, were none of them as passionate as Kevin Greene ?

Boyer, perhaps?

1 minute ago, Gen X Jet said:

At least a screaming psycho on the sidelines will make for some interesting sidebars in an otherwise horrible 2017 season.

So before the draft and free agency, you have already given up on the team you love ?

11 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Is that not their job ? You are hired to get your recruits ready so they can be deployed .  If they're not ready, why is that the fault of the General . Tell me something, so I may be educated  . Of all the remaining Position Coaches on the Jets from last season, were none of them as passionate as Kevin Greene ?

Yeah it is the fault of the general.  And yes it is up to coaches to know how to get players to give their best all the time.  Some you praise some you kick in the ass some you punish, some you wave dollar signs in front of their face.  Some players you just prepare and they 'get it' and will do their job.  The Jets had guys loafing, being late for meetings and constantly 'missing assignments'.

Coaching is not all X's an O's and people skills are just as important.

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Yeah it is the fault of the general.  And yes it is up to coaches to know how to get players to give their best all the time.  Some you praise some you kick in the ass some you punish, some you wave dollar signs in front of their face.  Some players you just prepare and they 'get it' and will do their job.  The Jets had guys loafing, being late for meetings and constantly 'missing assignments'.

Coaching is not all X's an O's and people skills are just as important.

So am I to take from this rant that you believe or know that General Bowles has no people skills ?  You were placing the blame for missing meetings on the HC right ?  Here's a question that you could answer for me since I have no clue . The meetings that were missed by certain players, were they team meetings or position meetings ? 

1 hour ago, BigRy56 said:

I know it's not cool around here to praise Bowles but I really do like the two hires he made in Greene and Dennard.

He knows his ass is on the line. I won't mind if Jets miss the playoffs again as long as I see improvement on the field and passion on the sideline. Good hire. I am on board. 

Just now, JetsFanatic said:

Not really because it uses Marvez's report as the main source.

However, I have to  think that after getting the first one wrong, he would double check to confirm this one. So I think this one is true

3 hours ago, KRL said:

Done deal : hiring Kevin Greene as OLBs coach per

Love this hire.  Great player and great person.  I listened to his hall of fame speech and was duly impressed.  I think he brings the right temperment and attitude to this defense to make them high performers, now all we need is some more players. 

Archived