Who's willing to go on record about the QBs

Doggin94it

Who's willing to go on record about the QBs  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Who should the Jets pick at 6 if all are available

Watson and fournette are going to be this season's dak and zeke. Browns fans are going to be happy that is my prediction. At 6 I hope we stay away from qb and reach on peppers I think he is going to be a special player.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watson and fournette are going to be this season's dak and zeke. Browns fans are going to be happy that is my prediction. At 6 I hope we stay away from qb and reach on peppers I think he is going to be a special player.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Watson for the record if we are selecting a QB.  While Mike Williams is a player that makes QB's look very good and the other #1 WR's that came before him out of Clemson, Watson spread the ball around and got others involved.  Watson's performance in the college playoffs including the comeback win to win the National title against an NFL caliber defense was very impressive.  Watson has that "IT" factor, cool, calm, collected and Wins when everyone around him criticizes his talent.  If you watch SNY Jet Nation, Mike Westolff is a huge fan of Watson and continues to pound the table to for him.  We always equate college players coming out to who they project to be in the NFL.  Well, if you equate College coach Nick Saben to Bill Bellichek, Watson could be the choice to prove to all the critics that he could be  the next great winning NFL QB.

The 2017 crop has way to many question marks to take at #6.    

2018 will be a HUGE year for QB's.     Be patient and wait for Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen or Lamar Jackson.     Given that the team has gone into re-build mode we should get one of the 5 selection needed to get our true franchise QB.    I think this is all part of the Master Plan.

Draft one every year till you KNOW you have one.  I don't follow college or the combine so I'll leave it up to Mac to figure out who and where.  The three most recent draftees then battle preseason for the start.  No vets, no 4th QB on the roster.  

I will be really disappointed if the Jets don't draft Watson at 6 if he is there.

I really like his leadership skills and his maturity level. It might take some time to develop him into a pro passer but if the Jets and this fanbase can handle the growing pains he will be a star in this league.

I'll go on record as saying Deshaun Watson is going to be a stud and I'd take him at 6. I can understand the concerns coming from that spread, the talent around him, the turnovers, etc... But the guy has all the physical tools, he's a smart guy, great leader, incredibly clutch, wins as often as he breathes. He's going to succeed in this league.

Kizer sucks. He's a Hackenberg type who has the traditional drop back skills/system background but never actually played that well, in particular sucking and losing in big games.

Didn't see Trubisky play that much but he seems like a one year wonder who's the product of hype. Don't have a strong opinion on him.

If was Mac and Watson was there when the Jets are on the clock, the #6 pick in the 2017 draft would be the fastest made selection in the history of the draft.  I think he's going to be special. 

I want nothing to do with any other QB in the draft other than Mahones.  I could get behind that pick on sheer talent alone.  He's got some undeniable skills that you cant teach.  Obviously the system and conference are a huge factor and would probably prevent me from taking him at #6 overall but if he dropped to the 2nd and the Jets took him, I wouldnt be upset at all.

If we take Watson at 6 it is Macc confirming what has been reported from Florham Park, that Hackenberg can't hit the side of a barn & the Jets blew another 2nd round pick. If that the case, then KUDOS to Macc to be able to admit his mistake, put his ego aside & do what's best for the f*cking NY Jets. So if at 6 the commissioner says, "With the 6th pick in the 2017 draft, the New York Jets select Deshaun Watson, I'll be pumped out of my shoes! Once is a fluke, beating Alabama TWICE and coming from behind the 2nd time is true sh*t. Bama D players are gonna dominate this draft. Watson is a leader, has guts, is smart, and his teammates loved him. He is the polar opposite of Geno Smith, so I would be all for it if Macc decides to draft him.

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

If was Mac and Watson was there when the Jets are on the clock, the #6 pick in the 2017 draft would be the fast made selection in the history of the draft.  I think he's going to be special. 

I want nothing to do with any other QB in the draft other than Mahones.  I could get behind that pick on sheer talent alone.  He's got some undeniable skills that you cant teach.  Obviously the system and conference are a huge factor and would probably prevent me from taking him at #6 overall but if he dropped to the 2nd and the Jets took him, I wouldnt be upset at all.

It's a gamble worth taking. Taking a safety or a CB at that spot gives this team (and this fanbase) no hope for the future.

Taking a QB does, even if it's a reach.

Watson. He has the experience, the production with personal stats and Ws, the elevation of his play in big games, the physical attributes are good from an arm-talent standpoint, but excellent from an athlete standpoint. And the kid seemingly has the right attitude, which is huge. The only thing not to like about him seems rather forced, and people obsessed with him not having a Jay-Cutler-arm and being 6'3" and not 6'2.5" or whatever the hell he is. 

But if it's not Watson, I'd probably go OJ Howard. Like Matt said, I don't see how this kid won't be a star.

1 minute ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Watson. He has the experience, the production with personal stats and Ws, the elevation of his play in big games, the physical attributes are good from an arm-talent standpoint, but excellent from an athlete standpoint. And the kid seemingly has the right attitude, which is huge. The only thing not to like about him seems rather forced, and people obsessed with him not having a Jay-Cutler-arm and being 6'3" and not 6'2.5" or whatever the hell he is. 

It's kinda funny that in 2014,2015, Jet fans were talking about "how do we draft Deshaun Watson", or "let's tank for Watson". Now, here we are in 2017 & there is a good chance that Watson just might fall to the NY Jets! But what will really happen is the Browns will take Myles Garrett, and then while Watson is one pick within the Jets line of sight, trade the #12 pick to the Tennessee Titans and draft Deshaun Watson, lmao. You guys know this isn't too far fetched. Browns have picks & boatloads of money.

They literally could DOMINATE what happens in the 2017 draft, which I believe is gonna be wild as hell.

On 3/5/2017 at 1:40 PM, dbatesman said:

Watson checks every box, and if he's there at 6, he should absolutely be the pick. Anyone clucking about his mechanics or arm talent or Dabo Swinney's system is a virgin who uses the word "tape" to describe Youtube highlights set to Disturbed songs. Kizer and (especially) Trubisky haven't started anywhere near enough games for me to feel good about them before 39, and neither will be available then. Sounds like Kizer's kind of a headcase anyway. I don't have a ton of interest in another 2nd-round project with hands like a leprechaun, but Mahomes has enough production and experience that I guess I wouldn't cry over it.

Get up get up get down with the sickness you mother get up come on get down with the sickness open up your face and ba ba ba ba dah doo. 

4 hours ago, Jetster said:

It's kinda funny that in 2014,2015, Jet fans were talking about "how do we draft Deshaun Watson", or "let's tank for Watson". Now, here we are in 2017 & there is a good chance that Watson just might fall to the NY Jets! But what will really happen is the Browns will take Myles Garrett, and then while Watson is one pick within the Jets line of sight, trade the #12 pick to the Tennessee Titans and draft Deshaun Watson, lmao. You guys know this isn't too far fetched. Browns have picks & boatloads of money.

They literally could DOMINATE what happens in the 2017 draft, which I believe is gonna be wild as hell.

Well, ONE major trade up and a lot of those picks go out the window. So I really wouldn't say they can 'dominate' what happens in the whole draft, lol.

But yes, they can very well hop-skip over the Jets and take Watson. But this also means another top 5 talent (whoever you value that to be) will fall to the Jets as an option. Also, if Macc is not high on Watson (whether fans agree or not) it may be the Jets trading with the Browns and adding draft picks.

RE: Watson and 2014, 2015...whether or not Watson ends up being a stud, or a Browns trade happens with the Titans, I think this goes to show how drastically the perspective of the value of a prospect can change. Jets fans are now talking about 'how do we get a chance to draft Darnold', once the draft roll around, its very possible the Jets will be in play for him and fans will be talking about other possibilities and who the Jets should take instead.    

4 hours ago, Jetster said:

My biggest fear with the entire Ryan Fitzpatrick fiasco was that we would suck but not suck enough for Watson.  Well, we just might have sucked enough for Watson but this regime has gone on record saying they're not interested in any of the top end QB's but instead want to add a veteran QB.

FML

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

My biggest fear with the entire Ryan Fitzpatrick fiasco was that we would suck but not suck enough for Watson.  Well, we just might have sucked enough for Watson but this regime has gone on record saying they're not interested in any of the top end QB's but instead want to add a veteran QB.

FML

Macc plays chess with the press, at the end of the day.

6 minutes ago, JiF said:

FML

They must think Hackenberg is better than all these guys, and I think they are right. Time will tell.

On 3/5/2017 at 2:40 PM, dbatesman said:

Watson checks every box, and if he's there at 6, he should absolutely be the pick. Anyone clucking about his mechanics or arm talent or Dabo Swinney's system is a virgin who uses the word "tape" to describe Youtube highlights set to Disturbed songs. Kizer and (especially) Trubisky haven't started anywhere near enough games for me to feel good about them before 39, and neither will be available then. Sounds like Kizer's kind of a headcase anyway. I don't have a ton of interest in another 2nd-round project with hands like a leprechaun, but Mahomes has enough production and experience that I guess I wouldn't cry over it.

I never heard of a band called Disturbed (though I'm sure one exists) but this comment is effing hilarious.  There should be a contest to determine the most annoying YouTube player highlight music.  I'm sure there would be some real doozies.

On 3/5/2017 at 3:30 PM, T0mShane said:

accuracy and ball placement don't have you even a little leery? 

Watson's decision making is his biggest detraction. He will throw into double covereage when pressured. I like Trubisky, but only after trading down a wee bit. Maybe to 11 because the Jets have to get in front of Cleveland who will take him if he is there. He will be there if SF, Cleveland or Chicago doesn't take him with picks 2, 1 or 3. But, in fact, I would rather resign Geno Smith and let him hash it out with Hackenberg and Petty. If this is truly a rebuilding year that is the way to go. 

On 3/5/2017 at 4:18 PM, Warfish said:

I reject the "Cheap vet" option completely.

Because the so-called "cheap vet" seems to always prove too much temptation to a (bad) Head Coach trying to save his own ass.

Playing Hoyer for half the year serves us no purpose.

I agree, especially Jay Cutler. He would be bad for two reasons. 1 - The Jets would likely go 8-8 with him and give Bowles and Woody Johnson the false hope that the team had 'turned the corner' and 2 - He would do little to zero mentoring of the young QB's.

Archived