Rapoport: Jets Showing Interest in Hoyer (All things Hoyer)

CrazyCarl40

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, LWC611 said:

Then we better draft o-line with the first two picks.... Still think he wants more money than he has earned by his play or lack of play on the field....

Brian Hoyer is gay and Sh-tty and Hackinturd are horrible

GLENNON time, b-tches 

1 minute ago, NoBowles said:

Holy hell, if this happens, I just don't know that I have it in me anymore. I'd rather just go 0-16 with Petty and Hack than bring him back and go 5-11

conspiracy theory, but maybe the jets have no real intention to pay any of these qbs the money they're looking for anyway.  this way, the jets management can say they tried, but they never wanted them that much anyway.  it's not like last year where it was clear all along they wanted to make another playoff run with fitz.  there's no place to hide for bowles and mccags anymore.  bowles needs to show he can actually coach, regardless of who the players are, and mccags needs to show that he can draft a qb who doesn't suck.  they both know this.  i don't think mccags really, really wants to bring in a guy like glennon who won't solve anything.

With Hoyer going to SF, does it increase the chance that they go QB in the first round too? Hoyer can give them time to groom and develop a rookie. Had they traded for Cousins, he'd have been a 5+ year guy, no way do you then draft a guy at #2 overall. But Hoyer makes that a definite option.

3 hours ago, slats said:

Fitz burned his bridge here by demanding that stupid contract, and consequentially playing like crap. I haven't heard of a single team expressing any interest in him, and rightly so. 

I'm sure you're rooting against Fitz signing with someone and wish the worst for him. Basically just to prove you were right which you weren't. 

Just now, BigRy56 said:

Agreed. It looks more and more like Geno is going to return for a 1 year deal.

i'd rather have that, it means hackenberg is that much closer to being the starting qb opening day.  there's not much other reason to watch this team unless they draft a qb in the first few rounds and don't declare during the draft the plan is not to play him.  

9 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Agreed. It looks more and more like Geno is going to return for a 1 year deal.

I almost hope they do, it would allow me to once and for all be free of this God forsaken team. Free me Big Mac, FREE MEEEEEEE!!!!

6 hours ago, Joe Jets fan said:

This means they are going with the kids and he is the vet back up.  Perfect

If we had 2 decent kids I wouldnt mind this scenario Petty seemed timid and sluggish with happy feet, Hackenberg is a ghost as we have 0 evaluation of him. 

Draft DeSaun Watson if he's there at 6 and end this madness. 

50 minutes ago, jamesr said:

With Hoyer going to SF, does it increase the chance that they go QB in the first round too? Hoyer can give them time to groom and develop a rookie. Had they traded for Cousins, he'd have been a 5+ year guy, no way do you then draft a guy at #2 overall. But Hoyer makes that a definite option.

No way Lynch thinks Hoyer is his qb of the future.  If so he is mentally challenged

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

I'm sure you're rooting against Fitz signing with someone and wish the worst for him. Basically just to prove you were right which you weren't. 

No, you were right. He was awesome last year. Totally worth every dime of that $12M. Congrats! Can't wait to see his terrific career continue. Should it. 

31 minutes ago, slats said:

No, you were right. He was awesome last year. Totally worth every dime of that $12M. Congrats! Can't wait to see his terrific career continue. Should it. 

No, he wasn't good last year. But he had a good year in 2015. He was worth re-signing. That's why a one year 12 mil deal was smart. 12 mil total for a starting Qb is not a lot of money. We didn't get stuck in an Osweiler type of deal. 

49 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

No, he wasn't good last year. But he had a good year in 2015. He was worth re-signing. That's why a one year 12 mil deal was smart. 12 mil total for a starting Qb is not a lot of money. We didn't get stuck in an Osweiler type of deal. 

Yes, totally smart, as demonstrated by his performance. We were lucky to lock him up with all the other teams pursuing him. The Jets bid against themselves to perfection with your blessing. Terrific job all around. 

10 hours ago, jamesr said:

Lynch is supposedly in love with Kizer

8 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Which qb won a playoff game last year and which qb went 4-10, threw 6 interceptions in one game and threw what was a very loyal coaching staff to him under the bus publicly?

3 hours ago, thadude said:

Which qb won a playoff game last year and which qb went 4-10, threw 6 interceptions in one game and threw what was a very loyal coaching staff to him under the bus publicly?

Geno Smith without the 4 wins. 

Fitzpatrick played well enough to win 8 or 9 games last year.  Do the math.

SAR I

17 hours ago, slats said:

Yes, totally smart, as demonstrated by his performance. We were lucky to lock him up with all the other teams pursuing him. The Jets bid against themselves to perfection with your blessing. Terrific job all around. 

So here's the market for starting Qbs. Mike Glennon with little starting experience (he threw 11 passes last season) might get a 3 year deal at 14.5 per season. You'd expect at least half of that to be guaranteed. So what if he doesn't live up to that contract. The Bears are stuck with him and his money. Fitz had a good year in 2015. They wanted him back. Signing him to a one year deal at below market that's why it was smart. There is never a guarantee a player will have a good year. Imo one of the reasons he sucked was the holdout. He played a lot better when he was in camp and practicing with team the entire off season. But overall he played poorly and that's on him. 

Archived