6. New York Jets - Marshon Lattimore, CB, Ohio State

other selections... 

8. Carolina Panthers - Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU

12. Cleveland Browns (from Eagles) - Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson

17. Washington Redskins  - Dalvin Cook, RB, Florida State

25. Houston Texans  - Mitchell Trubisky, QB, North Carolina

15 minutes ago, jack48 said:

A corner who is not allowed ot put is hands on anyone.  ot my idea of a No. 6

Depends on where he is along the scale of Kyle Wilson --------- Darrelle Revis (2011 version).  "The next Revis" would be well worth the 6th pick.  No idea if Lattimore even has that as a possibility.

I don't get it with this supposed process . Trubisky isn't good enough because he only played 1 season but this constantly injured CB is a perfect pick  and the thing that makes him perfect is what keeps him in the tub .  Where did he have Hooker going ?  I'm thinking that Lattimore's  teammate on the other corner is going before him . 

1 minute ago, Tinstar said:

I don't get it with this supposed process . Trubisky isn't good enough because he only played 1 season but this constantly injured CB is a perfect pick  and the thing that makes him perfect is what keeps him in the tub .  Where did he have Hooker going ?  I'm thinking that Lattimore's  teammate on the other corner is going before him . 

I heard McShay say this morning on Mike&Mike that the other corner will probably be a 1st round guy. That would make 3 back end OSU guys in the first. That makes the torching that Mike Williams did to them in basically one half of the semi final game even more impressive. Williams should be our guy, he will be a ten year starter and star in this league.

5 minutes ago, section314 said:

I heard McShay say this morning on Mike&Mike that the other corner will probably be a 1st round guy. That would make 3 back end OSU guys in the first. That makes the torching that Mike Williams did to them in basically one half of the semi final game even more impressive. Williams should be our guy, he will be a ten year starter and star in this league.

If I had to choose between Williams or Howard,  you have to go Williams. With that said, what Williams has done has been overlooked. It would be interesting to see the medical on him along with a workout.

9 minutes ago, section314 said:

If we are staying at 6 and the draft was falling that way I'm going with Williams or Fournette (Would love Howard but he is selected at 4).  Both Lattimore and Hooker are coming off injuries and this is a deep class for CB's.

Give us a player on offense who teams have to plan for.

11 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

If I had to choose between Williams or Howard,  you have to go Williams. With that said, what Williams has done has been overlooked. It would be interesting to see the medical on him along with a workout.

Williams may be the 3rd wr taken in the draft. Personally, I'm more impressed with Davis and you can't ignore Ross' 40 plus production. He's a better version of cooks. 

2 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

If Watson is good enough to be drafted at 12, not drafting him at 6 in favor of a corner is batsh*t insane.

This seems to allude everyone. If he's worth passing at 6, then he's not worth drafting in the first couple rounds. If he's worth drafting in the early second, then he's worth drafting at 6. He's either a player, or he's not. 

2 minutes ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

This seems to allude everyone. If he's worth passing at 6, then he's not worth drafting in the first couple rounds. If he's worth drafting in the early second, then he's worth drafting at 6. He's either a player, or he's not. 

Somewhere out there is a draft blog reader that is about to take a break from vigorously masturbating and explain to us the concept of BAP.

1 hour ago, Stark said:

just for discussion ... So we have a  chance at Mahomes in 2nd round @Lupz27

1. Cleveland Browns - Myles Garrett, DE, Texas A&M

2. San Francisco 49ers - Solomon Thomas, DE, Stanford

3. Chicago Bears - Jamal Adams, S, LSU

4. Jacksonville Jaguars - O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama

5. Tennessee Titans (from Rams) - Jonathan Allen, DL, Alabama

other selections... 

Lattimore is super talented don't get me wrong, but for such a strong CB class why do we need to draft the one with hamstring problems??  I'm praying with the amount of talent at that position that it helps us stay far far away from him at #6.  It'd be too stressful to constantly be checking to see if he pulled up in practice or in a game or whatever.  We can't blow this pick and there are other CBs out there that we can grab with our 2nd round or even 3rd round pick.  

The team needs offense.  We need to help whatever quarterback is taking the snaps.  I'm all for Howard or even Mike Williams or even Fournette.  We need a player that'll make our young QB's life easier.  If they insist on improving the secondary at 6 then go with Jamal Adams or Malik Hooker.

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Somewhere out there is a draft blog reader that is about to take a break from vigorously masturbating and explain to us the concept of BAP.

I had to take a break from vigorously masturbating just to type that, thus is the circle of life...er almost life.

35 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Outside of quarterback, CB is the biggest need on this team. If we can't stop the pass, we're going to get demolished all year. We need a lockdown CB.

I think we were hoping Trumaine Johnson was going to hit free agency. Sucks he didnt, I agree we need one but man Lattimore has some injury issues idk if i'd gamble on him. Definitely 2nd round I'd take one

25 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

That's arguable.  While I LOVE Williams I think you have to go Howard there.  Our receiving corp is thankfully consistent of some young talent that could really shape out.  I wouldn't even put WR as a need right now.  TE is a huge need on the other hand and Howard really is the prototypical TE in today's game.  He'd automatically be the QB's best friend and would open it up so much for our young receivers and make them immensely better.

I'll say it on this thread as well, it's not too smart to take a corner at #6 when it's the deepest position in the entire draft. Grab a corner in the 2nd or 3rd and they will be a starter with this year's crop. We need to score points in the NFL - you can't base  your team around defense. Offense wins in the regular season. Go offense - too high for this year's QBs though.

1 hour ago, Stark said:

just for discussion ... So we have a  chance at Mahomes in 2nd round @Lupz27

1. Cleveland Browns - Myles Garrett, DE, Texas A&M

2. San Francisco 49ers - Solomon Thomas, DE, Stanford

3. Chicago Bears - Jamal Adams, S, LSU

4. Jacksonville Jaguars - O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama

5. Tennessee Titans (from Rams) - Jonathan Allen, DL, Alabama

other selections... 

Where do I sign for Mahomes in the 2nd?

16 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

I'll say it on this thread as well, it's not too smart to take a corner at #6 when it's the deepest position in the entire draft. Grab a corner in the 2nd or 3rd and they will be a starter with this year's crop. We need to score points in the NFL - you can't base  your team around defense. Offense wins in the regular season. Go offense - too high for this year's QBs though.

100% drafting a DB at six

1 hour ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

I've missed you Broadway, and completely agree.  But it's elude. :D

Taking an injury prone CB with 16 career starts at 6 is hilarious.  Taking him 6 spots ahead of a potential franchise QB is criminal.

As mentioned and bears repeating, if Watson is worth taking in top 15, there's no excuse for letting him pass at the 6th pick.

38 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Can I take a second to talk to you guys about BAP (Best Available Player)? It's a drafting philosophy where you stick to your board, regardless of position. 

So if Jonathan Allen were there at 6 and he was the top player on their board you would take him?  I'd honestly lose it if that were the case.  Way too many holes to stick to that philosophy.  You're in a rebuilding year and your offense has no identity and no go-to player.  I think you need to go offense with the pick

2 hours ago, nycdan said:

Depends on where he is along the scale of Kyle Wilson --------- Darrelle Revis (2011 version).  "The next Revis" would be well worth the 6th pick.  No idea if Lattimore even has that as a possibility.

ohio state usually puts out more than their fair share of db's. with the 6 pick they really need someone who is revis or better if they go the db route.

25 minutes ago, JetFanatic said:

So if Jonathan Allen were there at 6 and he was the top player on their board you would take him?  I'd honestly lose it if that were the case.  Way too many holes to stick to that philosophy.  You're in a rebuilding year and your offense has no identity and no go-to player.  I think you need to go offense with the pick

right now i'm thinking the jets should be able to trade down. this mock has trubitsky going 25.  all it will take is some nice posturing on the qb front and they may be able to rade back a bit.

18 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

I'd take Lattimore right now and be very happy

Not a particularly compelling highlight reel.  At least three of the INTs were total gifts that either slipped through the WRs hands, or in one case, was thrown to a wide open Lattimore with no WR near him.  He's got skills, and I like to see a CB making tackles too, but I hope this isn't his official 'best plays' clip.

Archived