These pass catchers we drafted look studly...

nico002

All of this just reminds me what a rotten pick Devin Smith was.

Devin Smith was a second round pick who was projected to go as high as the middle of the first round...the pick wasn't a bad one he just ended up being made of glass like milliner just bad luck and our second round curse

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While watching the Leggett tape, the thing that stood out to me besides Leggett's talent as a pass catcher, was the throws by Watson.  He is going to be a stud in this league.  Makes all the throws, accurate, hit some small windows, mobile.  Pre-draft I heard stuff about his arm strength.  Small sample set, but I did not see it in that tape.  I hope we don't regret passing on him.

These guys might be very productive players. But between the guy behind center and the line in front of him, hard to see how these guys(or Enuwa or Decker)  get many medium much less  deep balls thrown their way in this putrid offense. 

5 minutes ago, Bugg said:

These guys might be very productive players. But between the guy behind center and the line in front of him, hard to see how these guys(or Enuwa or Decker)  get many medium much less  deep balls thrown their way in this putrid offense. 

We have no idea what the offense will look like yet? Maybe now that we have a couple of safeties, a CB that actually gives a sh*t, a healthy Wilkerson, Sheldon playing for an NFL contract without B Marshall on his back, Greene pushing our edge rushers, maybe we can get off the f*cking field on 3rd down so our offense can get more than 3 series of offense in a half & maybe better field position. Yea, that might help our young QB out. Not only did we give up long TDs, we gave them up on 3rd down!

Hansen looks freaking amazing. Stewart has tremendous ability to see holes in the second level as soon as he gets the ball. They aren't burners has someone mentioned but they are close enough. Think their 40's were around 4.5-ish? They are both really impressive...but Hansen very well may struggle with NFL press coverage. I don't see many jams at the line on him and most the time it looks as if the defending corner either is too slow to transition his hip movement or just lets Hansen blow by. That's not an inditement on Hansen though, he's simply too fast off the snap...really nice picks who can help out right away.

16 minutes ago, Jetster said:

We have no idea what the offense will look like yet? Maybe now that we have a couple of safeties, a CB that actually gives a sh*t, a healthy Wilkerson, Sheldon playing for an NFL contract without B Marshall on his back, Greene pushing our edge rushers, maybe we can get off the f*cking field on 3rd down so our offense can get more than 3 series of offense in a half & maybe better field position. Yea, that might help our young QB out. Not only did we give up long TDs, we gave them up on 3rd down!

Wishful thinking writ large. Nothing creates a  great offensive passing attack more than SAFETIES, MAN!

We have no edge pass rusher. 

Wilkerson and Richardson are overpaid dogs.  

Amazingly despite getting burned by TEs forever, jets finally decided to draft one. for this they would like you to buy PSLs and throw a parade for Ambassador Johnson(Robert Wood Johnson II, putting The Ass in Ambassador). 

The  check is in the mail, And the Jets will field a coherent offense that sustains drives and scores TDs.   Again, explain how it is any QB is going to do anything with the lack of time this OL will provide.Also, our HC is an idiot who thinks the forward pass should be illegal.  Which means the defense,-good, bad, merely adequate-will by design be on the field all day. 

11 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Wishful thinking writ large. Nothing creates a  great offensive passing attack more than SAFETIES, MAN!

Amazingly despite getting burned by TEs forever, jets finally decided to draft one. for this they would like you to buy PSLs and throw a parade for Ambassador Johnson(Robert Wood Johnson II, putting The Ass in Ambassador). 

The  check is in the mail, And the Jets will field a coherent offense that sustains drives and scores TDs.   Again, explain how it is any QB is going to do anything with the lack of time this OL will provide.Also, our HC is an idiot who thinks the forward pass should be illegal.  Which means the defense,-good, bad, merely adequate-will by design be on the field all day. 

So you wanted to roll with Gilchrist who might be DONE after his injury & Pryor who can't cover, can't tackle, can't run? Gotcha. Are you that pig headed to believe that in this rebuild they weren't keeping an eye toward 2018 too? We'll have another draft, we'll probably have close to 80 million in free agency & Macc won't make the same mistakes he made HAVING to spend so much in 2015. Let it play out my man, negativity will only deepen your despair.

2 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

Devin Smith was a second round pick who was projected to go as high as the middle of the first round...the pick wasn't a bad one he just ended up being made of glass like milliner just bad luck and our second round curse

he did not possess an NFL body, is my estimation.  I agree.  Milliner was a crap pick too.  Gotta do your homework, scouts

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

So you wanted to roll with Gilchrist who might be DONE after his injury & Pryor who can't cover, can't tackle, can't run? Gotcha. Are you that pig headed to believe that in this rebuild they weren't keeping an eye toward 2018 too? We'll have another draft, we'll probably have close to 80 million in free agency & Macc won't make the same mistakes he made HAVING to spend so much in 2015. Let it play out my man, negativity will only deepen your despair.

I mean he could've spent smarter and paid Wilk/ extended Snacks. That'd have made it easier to trade Richardson. I don't blame him for the Revis thing because I felt it was the right move. No one saw his fall off coming. Skrine is a sunk cost and is just bad. 

I still find the 2 safeties logic hard to swallow but i don't see how anyone can argue that it'll be nice to not see people score 60 yard touchdowns on us 14 games a season.

5 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I mean he could've spent smarter and paid Wilk/ extended Snacks. That'd have made it easier to trade Richardson. I don't blame him for the Revis thing because I felt it was the right move. No one saw his fall off coming. Skrine is a sunk cost and is just bad. 

I still find the 2 safeties logic hard to swallow but i don't see how anyone can argue that it'll be nice to not see people score 60 yard touchdowns on us 14 games a season.

the worst is watching a guy catch a pass 10 yards downfield and pryor knocking out another jet player so the guy can score a td.  i've never seen a safety take worse angles than pryor.

20 hours ago, Hael said:

Not sold on any of them, Hansen is the best of the bunch, but he's going to struggle against NFL press coverage.  

Believe it or not, he will not be going up against pro bowl caliber players on every snap.  I think Hansen will be fine; he will struggle a bit as all rookies do but I like his chances.  Also I don't see how you can say Hansen is the best of the bunch.  Stewart looks like a beast.  

19 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Stewart looks like a Enunwa clone with better hands, Hansen reminds me of J Nelson, if he can work tirelessly at becoming an elite route runner he could become something, a BIG IF.

I like the Decker comparison better myself, Jordy works too! 

4 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

the worst is watching a guy catch a pass 10 yards downfield and pryor knocking out another jet player so the guy can score a td.  i've never seen a safety take worse angles than pryor.

My nose started bleeding as my brain just rushed through all the times that has happened in Pryor's short career.

What I like the best about Hansen, Steward and Leggett?  THEY ALL CAN CATCH.   I know, I know it should be a forgone conclusion for a pass catcher to hold onto the ball but with our history of receivers and TEs I take nothing for granted.  Each of these guys have EXCELLENT hands.  I think Leggett was something like 70 for 70 or some crazy stat.   

I think Hackenburg is going to like throwing the ball to these guys!  (Yes Hackenburg; if McCown is under center and Hackenburg is not injured, I will be watching the _____ this year.  Fill any team you want)

he did not possess an NFL body, is my estimation.  I agree.  Milliner was a crap pick too.  Gotta do your homework, scouts

I don't think it had much to do with his body...they drafted him to be a speedy receiver and add another dimension to our offense. Geno who was projected to be our starter had a lot of success with tavon Austin who had a similar skill set but was a good bit smaller

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

The Oline didn't play all that poorly last year and this year they've added Beachum to the mix while subtracting Clady, Giacomini who never played and Mangold (who although I loved what he gave to the team) who needed to be replaced.

On 03/05/2017 at 1:49 AM, T0mShane said:

Look at him getting pressured. Doesn't even respond to it. Just hangs in and throws it.

Really wanted him on the Jets, I think he'll be the best QB in this class in maybe 3 years time. The big knock as always is the non-play calling gimmick offence he's played in at both Tech and Cal but still.

Having said all that go back and look at Bryce Petty In college  and you'll see pretty much exactly the same wow factor and he started 2 full seasons at Baylor.

On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 9:48 PM, Greenseed4 said:

Legit hand size, on all of them. 

Legit hand size = Legit penis size.  The mods are all suddenly looking into snapping up those cheap PSL's.  

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I try to be positive and this is what I get

To be fair Chad Johnson had the quickest feet I've seen at WR which is why he was always open in his prime, soft player physically, but was very difficult to get physical with him as his quick feet helped him avoid the physical jams at the line.  Hopefully Hansen has quick feet also as the one knock on him is he has a tough time beating press coverage.

Getting off the line is the biggest difference between college and the pro game.  In college, WRs will get a full release, and at that point it's almost impossible to recover for a defender.  

Now in the pros there are so many promising WRs in the league.. good hands, good speed, good jumping.  None of it matters if you lose a second at the line and give away your route.  That's why it's such a rare skill, and the ones that have it are typically the ones that start.

On 5/3/2017 at 2:14 AM, Gen X Jet said:

Reminds me of the old Shaq Evans/Jalen Saunders videos.

Shaq Evans highlights werent even good videos. That's how bad that draft pick was. You could tell from his highlights that he didnt have natural hands. 

What I do see with Stewart outside of his hands is that he gets to his top speed really fast. 

23 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I try to be positive and this is what I get

*Shotgun's in the cabinet by the pantry. Feel for the key top left corner shelf don't mind the dust. Its already loaded just keep the safety on til you getit to me. Hurry kids before it gets away!!!!

14 minutes ago, HessStation said:

*Shotgun's in the cabinet by the pantry. Feel for the key top left corner shelf don't mind the dust. Its already loaded just keep the safety on til you getit to me. Hurry kids before it gets away!!!!

What in the holy hell is this

Archived