*OFFICIAL JETS V SAINTS GAME THREAD*

T0mShane

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Yup, they are having a successful year but have sucked like forever. My point is if their drafting was so great as you pointed out they would have had more success. 

I think you’re missing the point.  They tolerated being terrible and riding or dying with a young QB which in turn created top 5 draft picks year after year.  Those picks have been at the positions that matter and now it’s all coming together.  You could see it happening last year, the record just didn’t show it.

Now?  They’re ******* loaded and legit have one of the best D’s I’ve ever seen.  That team has the exact type of foundation a rebuilding team wants: a QB, Shut down corner, monster pass rushers and a strong running game.  

This concept of accepting terrible and not dumping resources to be mediocre is lost upon the Jets.  

Its called truly rebuilding.  The Jags did it and are now one of the best teams in the NFL. 

Just now, NoBowles said:

I have a crazy, insane idea..... We have a young QB in a season where we have nothing to lose, lets let him throw early in the set of downs every once in a while rather than in obvious pass situations? No?

We're still not mathematically eliminated.

Just now, NoBowles said:

I have a crazy, insane idea..... We have a young QB in a season where we have nothing to lose, lets let him throw early in the set of downs every once in a while rather than in obvious pass situations? No?

ESTABLISH THE RUN, DUDE. C'MON. The forward pass is EVIL, THE DEVIL'S HANDIWORK. 

Just now, NoBowles said:

No different than with Chan last year too.

The one common denominator? 

Archived