*OFFICIAL JETS V SAINTS GAME THREAD*

T0mShane

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Sure and the Jags have made so many great draft picks that have created so many successful seasons over the years. Oh wait. 

Huh?  They’re about to go 10-3 and win the division and more than likely have a home playoff game and I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised to see them in the Super Bowl. 

1 minute ago, Bugg said:

10-7; BFD. WE KNOW HOW IT WILL END.

And neither this ownership nor the GM have done nor would have done anything to stop it. Small-minded stupid establish the run BS like it's 1975 has been a way for defense first coaches to almost look good, but it only gives you a higher floor with a lower ceiling. And it's been that way the entirety of the Johnson's tenure spare a few moments with Testaverde, Pennington and Favre. IF YOU CANNOT PASS EFFECTIVELY, YOU DIE. Yes, you can make the score look kinda okay with this establish the run crap, but it doesn't work long term. Too many things have to go right, too many plays to go the length of the field.Even when Ryan had the leading rushing attack in the NFL he only won 9 games. 

I never really thought about it this way - but it's exactly what Jets ownership has done.  As long  s they're not a laughing stock Woody's happy.  Winning a Super Bowl isn't the goal - it's just not being a joke

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

What Bowles and the Jets coaches are doing to Bryce Petty right now is exactly what they would have done with Carson Wentz, btw.

No doubt but the more frustrating thing is that there is nothing about Josh McCown that should have kept you from just doing this the whole season with Petty and Hack. 

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

I never really thought about it this way - but it's exactly what Jets ownership has done.  As long  s they're not a laughing stock Woody's happy.  Winning a Super Bowl isn't the goal - it's just not being a joke

So a coach like Bowles can plausibly say the Jets are competitive and in every game. 

Just now, JiF said:

Huh?  They’re about to go 10-3 and win the division and more than likely have a home playoff game and I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised to see them in the Super Bowl. 

Yup, they are having a successful year but have sucked like forever. My point is if their drafting was so great as you pointed out they would have had more success. 

4 minutes ago, Bugg said:

10-7; BFD. WE KNOW HOW IT WILL END.

And neither this ownership nor the GM have done nor would have done anything to stop it. Small-minded stupid establish the run BS like it's 1975 has been a way for defense first coaches to almost look good, but it only gives you a higher floor with a lower ceiling. And it's been that way the entirety of the Johnson's tenure spare a few moments with Testaverde, Pennington and Favre. IF YOU CANNOT PASS EFFECTIVELY, YOU DIE. Yes, you can make the score look kinda okay with this establish the run crap, but it doesn't work long term. Too many things have to go right, too many plays to go the length of the field.Even when Ryan had the leading rushing attack in the NFL he only won 9 games. 

What makes it worse is that they’re establishing the run with two backs who will be 33 and 30 years old next season.

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Pretty much. Combined with the fact that the Jets are usually in the top 3 for home attendance, why should Woody feel pressure to change anything?

Archived